Author Topic: Colgate University, NY - Demonstration Overview  (Read 7190 times)

GreatWheel

• My blog
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:29:00 PM by GreatWheel »
The Effort is the attainment- Kadam Ace Remas

jeff Ryan

• Email
Re: Colgate University, NY - Demonstration Overview
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
Well Done!!!! more more more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a friend

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »
Make an effort to watch that small video. All the hypocrisy of Dharamsala is there. The spokesman didn't come out to the street in order to meet with the Protector's people, he came out in order to deceive the press, as usual.
Try to pick up the threatening undertone that appears here and there.
I hope those people don't have families in India that the government in exile can identify, because they are going to suffer.

On the other hand, look how wonderful these people are, the practitioners.
The lay Tibetan man with the glasses, how composed and clear.
The monk who made the comparison with the fighting couple, good for him, you can see he is a kind, well intentioned debater.
I think it's Tsawa Rinpoche? the young monk, what kindness and simple clarity.
And Geshe Sopa!!! Thank you Geshela, for your sincere, clear expression.
And last but not least, the Venerable Kelsang Pema, the nun. What kindness and firmness, such courage. This is a fearless dakini.
All of them, all of them, extraordinary. Continue like that, with calm and sincerity and truth and kindness.
You are a joy to behold!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 12:39:38 AM by a friend »

snowlion

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful coverage we had great expection from the major news medias world wide that they would do an unbiased coverage on this but unfortunately we realized that they are just another bunch of puppets.

Alexis

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
The news media does not want to hear a different story.

I have written about a dozen editorials in one of Montreal's most influential newpaper since 2001 on political issues. Two weeks ago I sent them an objective/scientific paper on the historical status of Tibet (backed by scientific litterature with authors like Goldstein, Shakya Tsering, etc.) and about the double policy standards of the DL (preaching religious tolerance abroad but not at home).

To my shock and dismay I didn't get published this time!!!!????

The article was well written and completely publishable, but it was deconstructing myths about Tibet and the DL.

Well, I guess the newsmedia decided our society somehow need to keep a dream-like Shangri-lha in the backround, like Donald Lopez said. So much for objectivity....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:11:54 PM by Alexis »

a friend

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
Snowlion, Alexis, several people reported Colgate in a very concise, excellent way. But it was in local newspapers. Journalists are not puppets ... or not necessarily. We need to go on sending information, the main thing right now is to write down detailed reports of the actual abuses, that is what caught their attention if you watch the video.

It's true, Alexis, that the higher you go (from reporters to editors) the more reticent they are to hear a different story. Or to publish it. What is interesting is that probably a couple of people read your article and at least have "la puce à l'oreille". C'est ça qui est important, that they scratch their heads wondering.

This is a matter of perseverance. Now we are united by the Internet and we can keep on insisting, we have today this opportunity but in the future we will have whatever time we want to go on and on and on. Read the count the Loneranger found about our videos ... that makes more and more people scratching their heads.

The Shangrila story is nowadays in the same situation the poor Coyote gets when Roadrunner hits him: immobile, filled with fractures but still retaining its shape. Next thing you know ... it crumbles.