Author Topic: International Buddhist conclave on Sept 29-30  (Read 3846 times)

Ensapa

• Email
International Buddhist conclave on Sept 29-30
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
First China, now India. Buddhism is getting more and more recognitions from country governments from all over. Is this a good sign? I would like to see that it is. Even if the motivation was a shallow one, it is definitely better than nothing, from the way I see this.

International Buddhist conclave on Sept 29-30
TNN, Sep 17, 2012
LUCKNOW, India -- The two day international Buddhist conclave will be held in Varanasi on September 29-30.

Chief secretary Jawed Usmani has said all preparations should be completed by September 26.

The two-day conclave is likely to be attended by many foreign delegates and ministers from other state governments.

Saying that the conclave was being organised to promote tourism in the Buddhist Circuit, Usmani also instructed officials to ensure encroachment-free roads, clear of garbage and traffic congestion.

He also advised officials to invite officials from the ministry of tourism to ensure that preparations for the event were carried out smoothly.

The chief secretary added that at least 267 rooms should be booked in advance, to accommodate all the travelling dignitaries from within the country and outside.

bambi

Re: International Buddhist conclave on Sept 29-30
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
Nice... I still think that more countries should join in and bring awareness globally. Of course it is not going to be easy as there will be many preparations. There should be talks and be recognized especially in the countries that have other religions as dominant. There should also be Buddhist associations all over the world recognized by 1 Buddhist governing body and have celebrations world wide whenever there is one.  ;D