Author Topic: Miraculous display of powers by Dorje Shugden Practitioner  (Read 7898 times)

DSFriend

Miraculous display of powers by Dorje Shugden Practitioner
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »
Interesting read!

Source : http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/02/11/tibetan-secrets-for-reversing-physical-aging/

Fantastic Tibetan warrior monks exist that have turned away armies and caused havoc amongst well-armed foes. One such fabled monk, Drukpa Lodoe, confronted more than 50 Chinese soldiers threatening a lamasery during the late 1940s. According to eyewitnesses, Lodoe rose in the air above the heads of the Chinese soldiers and threw electrical bolts from his fingertips as he spun in the air 100 feet above them. The confused and terrified soldiers ran off screaming.

But the victory was short-lived. Later that day the Chinese troops returned with a tank. When they attempted to arrest Lodoe, the powerful monk simply vanished into thin air.

Drukpa Lodoe was said to belong to an obscure—and much feared—Buddhist sect called the Shugdens. The members of the sect worship the frightening deity, Dorje Shugden. Their faith is called the Gelugs (the Yellow Hats) named after the distinctive religious headdress they often wear.

Dorje Shugden is a Tibetan warrior-god that most have never heard of in the West. The god is said to adorn itself with necklaces of severed human heads, a symbol of the conqueror.

While Tibetan monks and the people of Tibet are thought to be universally peaceful mystics, there do exist certain warrior sects and the Shugdens are the most ancient. Images of the god often depict the deity on a ferocious snow lion, swinging a long fighting sword while galloping through a boiling lake of blood.

That is the man the hapless Chinese troops ran into, a master Gelug and fierce follower of Dorje Shugden.

psylotripitaka

Re: Miraculous display of powers by Dorje Shugden Practitioner
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Lovely!

thor

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:00:04 AM »
I wish people would get their facts right before publishing such articles.  Sure, Shugden is powerful and fierce, but articles like this don't get anywhere near the truth of WHY he is so fierce.  Where is the mention of his compassion and wisdom?  What skulls does he wear around his neck? Is the author referring to mahakala instead? 

I hope you,  the author,  is reading this comment. People like you bare giving the Shugden practice a bad name.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »
Sometimes we need a good hearty laugh though

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:34:06 AM »
Psylo... OMG... this article is bloody funny! Ok Ok, i get thor's point that this will give people the wrong idea about Dorje Shugden but honestly, what a load of codswallop! A good laugh though, thank you DSfriend!!! i quite like the idea of being part of a warrior sect, feared by all LOL!!

OMG if there was such thing, HH the Dalai Lama would not need to have fled Tibet since he was a Dorje Shugden practitioner. He and all the gelugs could have scared off the chinese army!

There is so much wrong information in this article it's easier to pick what is right!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »
Well, its just too bad. However, I did hear of another powerful story of Dorje Shugden's miraculous power and this is apparently in the biography of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. When the Chinese were descending into Tibet and they were shelling Ganden Monastery. The monks were in a disarray, escaping and certain courageous monks like Kyabje Zong Rinpoche remained and he engaged in a powerful Dorje Shugden repulsion puja. The ritual was meant to hold back the harm until the monks could safely escape Ganden monastery.

The destruction of the monastery was so bad that while Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was engaged in the puja, 3 of the 4 walls crumbled. His back was facing the remaining wall but he bravely persevered through the ritual and completed it. It was said that the fumes from the shelling adversely affected Kyabje Zong Rinpoche's voice that it became permanently hoarse. But the ritual was very necessary and effective because many Geshes, monks and Tulkus managed to escape the destruction of the monastery and eventually went into exile down into India. That's the miraculos story. Imagine us doing our little black tea under such dangerous circumstances, would we be able to focus to ensure the ritual was successul? Truly a testament to Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and the power of Dorje Shugden.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »
That is indeed hilarious. Ir's a very poorly written article, probably based off fiction. I am not surprised that there are still many people who fantasize about Tibet. After all it is a 'mysterious' country and there are still many things that people are still wondering about it. But as Big uncle has shared, the story of Zong Rinpoche is a real one (note that there is nobody flying around in that one) Highly attained masters do exist but they dont exist the way it is told in those stories, and Dorje Shugden does indeed protect but just not in that way.

PS: the incorrect iconography of Dorje Shugden was first found in some British article about him. Isnt it hillarious on how people tend to be inaccurate with their information?

Gabby Potter

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
I have met so many Dorje Shugden practitioners who are very kind, bright and most importantly is that they do not do things that will hurt others. Wherever they go, they create peace and happiness, this is how they reflect their practise, their lineage and their Gurus :) This is what Buddhism is meant to be

fruven

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »
The account is so misleading. Ancient? Warrior? Flying? Human heads?
  • Ancient - Lord Setrap and many other protectors came earlier than Dorje Shugden
  • Flying - There could be some mahasiddhas who have achieved this sort of siddhis such as Milarepa but this extremely rare even in earlier Tibetan school what more to say of Dorje Shugden practitioners.
  • Warrior - Again some mahasiddhas who could have this sort of power but very unlikely for modern practitioners to achieve this. Furthermore those who propitiate to Lord Setrap also become warrior as well like since he is a warrior demigod (asura)
  • Human heads - Vajrayogini and other wrathful deities also have human heads. What is new here?
The person who wrote this seems to leave in fantasy.

Q

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »
Well, aint that interesting lol...

If Shugdenpas were fighting against the Chinese, then what's with all the stories of Shugden people being Chinese spies? lol...

However, I have heard of incidents when Dorje Shugden helped the monks of the monasteries to escape by causing some disturbances in the environment to confuse the Chinese soldiers.

But whatever it is, this writer certainly did not do his research well... and depicted Dorje Shugden in such a bad light.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »
DSFriend, this is an interesting article you have shared here. Well, I would not doubt the unusual super power of Drukpa Lodoe in the article and I wish all Shugdenpas would have those abilities too. It is from badly researched articles like this that is misinforming the masses on Dorje Shugden. Now that it have caught the attention of the readers, it is so important that there is dorjeshugden.com to provide the facts on the true nature and purpose of Dorje Shugden as the compassionate Buddha and dharma protector.