Author Topic: The importance of the Sangha  (Read 13573 times)

Dondrup Shugden

Re: The importance of the Sangha
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »
"Also, the Sangha are in the form of humans that can directly indirect and support the practitioners and propagate the Dharma. In that way, the Sangha is the Buddha and the Dharma." quote from eyesoftara.

Thank you for the above comment, it suddenly dawned upon me that the Sangha in the physical form similar to us is also the Buddha and the Dharma. Because the Sangha is what we see as Buddha and their guidance and teaching is the Dharma.

Now I have more and higher reverence to the Sangha.

MoMo

Re: The importance of the Sangha
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »
The existence of Sangha was the utmost important for people to get connected to the dharma.  The Sangha , I am not referring to the Boddhisattvas  or Buddhas but to the living and breeding monks and nuns we meet and talk to daily . Without them as a living examples, I doubt  any one of us will be here writing any comments in this forum or even have the thought to pick up the Lamrim . It is only through them we see and understand the needs and great values in upholding virtues and it is also said that in any place where the vinaya and dharma had been upheld that is where the Buddhas’ and Boddhisattvas’ mind have no concern.