Author Topic: Putin and Tsongakapa????  (Read 10825 times)

Barzin

Re: Putin and Tsongakapa????
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
more and more westerners are learning Buddhism, the pic can be possible!  Westerners like to hang people that they value on the walls, just like Asian paintings... We would hang Mother Theresa picture on the wall because it is a remind of her great work even though one not necessary to be a Christian.  Just like HHDL, his pictures are everywhere.  It is possible that it could happen :)  Just look at how Tibetan Buddhism has spread to the west these days... ...

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Thought I share this. I think many people knew this, but it is still amazing! Saw it on Buddhist channel. Well, you dont have to be in Tibet to perform such miracle ;) This lifetime, he's also doing great work just like his predecessor (himself!)

Russia’s most revered Buddhist monk
by Ajay Kamalakaran, Special for RIR, January 31, 2012

Buryatia, Russia -- The soft power of Buddhism from Buryatia spread far and wide across the Russian Empire. Dashi-Dorzho Itigelov, a Buryat monk who is revered by Buddhists in the country, was awarded the order of St Stanislas by Czar Nicholas II in 1917.

Itigelov, who attended the tercentenary celebrations of the House of Romanov, opened the Gunzechoyney Datsan in St Petersburg, making it the first Buddhist temple in Europe.

Itigelov was believed to have reached the supreme level of practicing Buddhism and it was in 1927 that he asked to be buried, while in a state of deep meditation. His body, which was exhumed in 2002, was almost intact.

Itigelov was buried sitting in lotus posture in a pine box and kept in lama graveyard in Khukhe-Zurkhen in Buryatia. The monk wanted his body to be exhumed by other monks within several years. When the body was exhumed, scientists and pathologists said it was "in the condition of someone who had died 36 hours ago."

The body was preserved without any signs of decay with the muscles, inner tissue, skin and soft joints intact. The body was transferred to Ivolginsky datsan, which is now the most important Buddhist pilgrimage site in Russia.

The current Pandito Hambo Lama is also very influential. He's an advisor to the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO.

In 2009, President Dmitry Medvedev vowed to support the Russian Buddhists in reviving their traditions and spreading the preaching of Lord Buddha among its followers. He was the second head of state in the country's history to visit the main Buddhist Ivolga Monastery in Siberian republic of Buryatia.

montymonkey123

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
I wish this image was actually true. But its too bad its not. If this image was actually true, I would be very happy :D because then I would know that the Russians are surporting Lama Tsongkapa. The Lama tsongkapa looks really good on that wall though. Well, Lama Tsongkapa looks good on any wall ;). But is is not impossible for that to actually happen. But it would be even better if there was a Dorje Shugden Picture next to the Tsongkapa picture. Then, both the beautiful pictures will be featured in the poitical and world leader’s offices.