Author Topic: "Support the protests"  (Read 4489 times)

Muriel

"Support the protests"
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:31:56 AM »
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/support-the-protests/

Dorje Shugden practitioners wanted to donate money for the Washington D.c. demonstration on March 7th to further help remove the ban on the religion. Although the method might seem different from that of the ISC, the motivation is still same: undemocratic ban is not right.

The Dorje Shugden was excellent in showing effective methods for making peaceful demonstrations even more possible.

It showed that no demonstration can be done without funding. However, one caution that the demonstrators need to take is that they don’t use the donation for other purposes. Donations can be used to print educative flyers for those who might not be familiar with His Holiness’ action against the Dorje Shugden. Donation is a great mechanism for spread awareness. I sincerely hope that the money was spent well at the past demonstration.

Gabby Potter

Re: "Support the protests"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:40:24 PM »
I think we should support the protests in any way we can because sooner or later, when the ban is lifted, these protests played a really big part in it. But of course we don't be rude, protests doesn't mean cursing the other party.

kris

Re: "Support the protests"
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
The biggest issue regarding the Dorje Shugden now is the ban imposed by CTA; the discrimination causes schism and separation; religion is mixed with politics creating confusion. The most urgent thing we need to do is to lift the ban and hence end the persecution and discrimination.

Many different Dorje Shugden groups have tried to do lift the ban in different ways, but CTA refused to budge. This caused ISC to go onto the street to protest and pressure CTA for a dialogue. It is very strange that HHDL always encouraged different religions to have peace dialogue, but there is no peace dialogue for Shugden practitioners.

I personally don't like the protestors shouting "False Dalai Lama", but I do understand their point, and I respect that. I thank DorjeShugden.com for helping out the protestors because it requires a lot of financial support to arrange the protestors, the food, the transport, etc.

With good motivation, I pray the protests will pressure the CTA to have dialogue and eventually lift the ban.