Author Topic: Accepting Defeat and Offering the Victory to Others  (Read 26611 times)

hope rainbow

Re: Accepting Defeat and Offering the Victory to Others
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
Till today, this is still one of my hardest practices due my habituation to always want to be right, but each time when this thought arises, at least I catch myself and apply this teaching the the fullest extend that I am capable of for now.

Ain't it hard!
Ain't it hard indeed!

From where I am at in my practice, and when facing conflicting situations, I have improved in the sense that I do not engage in actions that make me win in the eye of my "opponent". I don't do that anymore.
But INSIDE, INSIDE, I can say it is a real mess of anger and frustration fueled further by my "non-retaliation action".
What I am saying is that from the outside it must be that I look different now than how I looked a few years ago because a few people told me that they know few people that have the patience that I have, they told me I became much calmer, but they don't see inside my mind the huge monster that I keep in chains and muted, trying to tame it.

ratanasutra

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
so simply because we are not catch up with our mind, that why we let delusions to bring us up and down ie when we happy and attached about it or when we feel sad and we stuck on it.

If we are always know our mind, know what we are doing and what we are feeling at every moment then it will be easy for us to let go and not attach with the good and bad feeling that happen and not cling on it or response to it without think about it clearly.

That why awareness is one of a very powerful way of practice that can help to tame our mind and control our body, speech and mind which lead to develope bodhicitta to arising in our mind.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »
"Accepting Defeat and Offering the Victory to Others" strike a weird nerve in our entire being and turn on the fear of either winning or losing.  The universal system is built on this standard of gauging results.  There is no middle.

Our egos lap up this wonderful standard of excellence and gauge of success.

To contemplate more on this phrase, does it really mean winning and losing?  Or is it our perception that make any event winning and losing issues.

It is therefore my humble opinion that if we look at everything from the view of others, then there is no winning or losing but the opportunity to do things differently to achieve something more or even to do something less for others to achieve their goals.

Let our egos down and let others have the last words and we will have more inner peace, A whole new world of Harmony and peace.

But let us not go into the "don't care mode" for that will kill our soul and we become living dead.