Author Topic: What kind of pot are you mostly?  (Read 22132 times)

biggyboy

Re: What kind of pot are you mostly?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
Hmm...Confession time!  I am as guilty as many of us here being the leaky pot! As much I enjoy teachings and understanding them I find myself at times could not remember fully of what has been taught.  It has come to a point that it is important to write notes but yet again I have to put them into practice.  No point to write so much yet not practising and no results.

At times during teaching and trying to understanding, selectiveness creeps in hence the upside down pot for not accepting truth.  Well, so much to work on yet still I have to as I do not wish to disappoint my Guru and love ones for not being a better person since I have the fortune to meet dharma and my Guru in this life. Such rare opportunity.

Carpenter

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »
In the society today, I’m sure everyone will be a combination of all pots, because due to the uncertainty of our mind, we tend to twist and turn the situation to make it become a situation that suits us.

But in this combination of 3 pots, one of it should stand out the most obvious, like for me, I should be the leaky pot, because if I absorbed all the Dharma knowledge and practice it, I would be a much better person by now, but unfortunately I’m still not.

Hehe, felling guilty is a definite, but what happen next? To find ways to attack my leaky pot is the priority, since we know the problem, it mustn’t let it be already.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
Surprisingly the more technology advanced our world is, the more distracted we became. With modern communication tools such as computers and smart phones, people tend to spending more time by looking and communicating to their friends via these tools rather than the good old fashioned way (communicate face-to-face).

But in another hand, thanks to these communicating tools we are able to have this wonderful site and forum be able for all of us to discuss and learn the Dharma with a click of button. I still have a lot more to learn and i am definitely a leaking pot but i'll keep on learning.

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 12:28:09 AM »
I would say that out of these four options I would be the second one the leaky pot the most. The characteristics of a leaky pot, is like a mind which always forget things. It is usually associated with a lack of care towards a Dharmic action. I have been working on 'fixing my pot'. What I decided to use as a remedy to my 'sickness' is reciting the mantra of Dorje Shugden and Manjushri (who are both one and the same) in the morning. I chant around 3 malas. I am also guilty to be like the other pots at one point or another. I am sometimes like the upside down pot because when people scold me for doing things wrong, my mind is usually closed to advice and I end up not learning my lesson. Also, I am like the dirty pot because there are certain times where I mix up Dharma and Non-Dharma in my mind, when I share the Dharma with my friends, I end up giving a wrong explanation or such. But I have improved since then.

bambi

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 08:41:33 AM »
I would say all of them equally.

There are times I can't remember the teachings that I have read. I admit my brain is not so effective. Haha.. More Manjushri definitely. Sometimes I pick up here and there as time pass as I will reread those that I have forgotten.

Then there are times when there are certain teachings that I find that the Dharma don't match what and how I want it to be, I become bias. My mind that is ignorant causes this. Sigh!

And yes, at one time I was unable to practice Dharma because I wanted things my way and knowing that it is wrong I still went ahead and did it.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »
Personally, I would say i'm more of a leaky pot. The main cause of it is my laziness. Usually when I receive the Dharma, I understand part of it quite quickly but not entirely. I always tell myself I should study it further but ended up I don't.

Because of that, whatever I have understood from the Dharma teaching I forget very quickly because I do not understand it entirely. Hence it is important after every after teaching we study further or read, listen over and over again to truly understand the entirety of it.

Whatever pot we are though, there is a cure as long as our mind transforms and realized that Dharma knowledge is above all.