Author Topic: If we are serious about our practice  (Read 14667 times)

Tenzin K

Re: If we are serious about our practice
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »
Personally, I don’t think that we need to be ordained to become enlightened in one lifetime. But I agree with big uncle that we must have monastics in order for the Buddhadharma to grow.

Especially at this time, it’s not easy for people to be ordained. The way people learn and practice Dharma is so different. Learning Dharma is not their priority or for some they don’t even know what it is. People today have so much attachment and in order for them to understand it has to be one at a time.

The teaching and the surrounding of the people in the dharma centre not necessarily have to be monks; laymen would be good in order for the people to be more connected. Sad to say but at this era, will relate the dharma faster if it’s mentioned in the same language and they can see clearer how the laymen can possible transform their mind for better.

bambi

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
I do not agree that people need to be ordained to become Enlightened in 1 lifetime. Mind you, I am not trying to put anyone down but there are Sanghas who are not 100% 'right'.
During these modern times, people are easily distracted from spiritual path. So many obstacles and habituations that we created for ourselves. Like what Vajratruth said, a layperson can also bring Dharma to many people as it is easier to approach to different groups of people.
Transform ourselves, practice the Dharma and benefit more people thru our compassion for them and ourselves for Dharma is something we can take away with us when we die. And karma as well of course...

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
I think it is all in the mind. It doesn't really matter if we are ordained or not. So much so we should not let this particular reason to stopped us being spirituality excel. I am sure there's is a lot of individual who is not ordained but taking Dharma practices truthfully.

So what if we reflect ourself to be somebody who represents the Buddha, Dharma and the Sangha but in fact we didn't hold the vows with the right motivation. Being spiritual is not based on outlook but is about inner self and mind transformation. An actor might be winning an oscar based on how he or she acting out the character assigned based on a story, but no matter how good the acting is, it is still an act. Not real....hence if we are serious about our practice, please be real.