Author Topic: Cool Musical Homage to Je Tsongkhapa and his Protector, Dorje Shugden  (Read 6148 times)

icy

Child of the World is a musical homage to the Supreme Buddhas Je Tsongkhapa and his emanations, and his wisdom Protector Dorje Shugden. The song is lyrically inspired by the Heart Jewel sadhana and Kadam Lamrim. This upbeat, alternative track was recorded with David J of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets. He performed on bass and backing vocals. The track was recorded in the studio of producer Kerry Brown (Smashing Pumpkins) who oversaw the recording process.

Bumtech feat. David J - Child of the World

see: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bumtech5

How cool and upbeat this musical homage is!  I love it.  There are many talents out here who can do another cool and upbeat musical homage in Chinese to draw people from China and create awareness.  I am sure it will be a huge draw if we can get famous celebrity to do it and have concerts in China. It is one of the ways to spread Dorje Shugden.  During the concerts we can have DS door gifts and books to people who purchase tickets to the concert to further educate them.

What do you think people?  Perhaps you can further improve this idea for it to materialize.

michaela

How cool!!! we can do it in various musical style as well, Rock & Roll, R&B, Soul, Hip Hop, etc.  It will draw a lot of crowd.

dsiluvu

SUPER CREATIVE! If we think about it there is so many wonderful possibilities to spread Dorje Shugden's lineage and practice... to tell the world who He really is. I mean 90% of this world have no real good idea about who Dorje Shugden and they don't give two hoots about the BAN... they don't even know. They would want to know if there were some kind of "good" thing that could swiftly grant their wishes or hear their prayers, I think they wouldn't mind perpetuating - WHY NOT?

Here are some creative ways we can contribute to spreading Dorje Shugden:

1. Make music like this one in many different genres & better!
2. Make short films   
3. Make a movie
4. Make a T-shirt
5. Make a music video
6. Make stencils and paint it in town
7. Make short documentaries
8. Make postcards and send it from around the world (and u can send it to CTA too from wherever u are hehehe)
9. Make more brochures to pass around like the one kindly created here by our wonderful admin
10. Make books, comics, etc that are entertaining yet informative about Dorje Shugden like what we've done here
11. and DVDs
12. Spread Dorje Shugden through online channels of social media... it's FREE and it's our greatest friend to spread Dorje Shugden to the world massively without cost!

and the list goes on and on and on.... Change is not gonna happened if we just sit around and do nothing.

Positive Change

This is indeed wonderful... Super cool "garage/indie" stylie... Brilliantly done. A little muffled at times probably due to the bad speakers of my laptop but the general score I love!

It is through such means that creates the awarness of Dorje Shugden in a subtle manner. It permeates into a culture very easily. Becoming almost iconic to a point where, when the bad is lifted, it is already a "norm" so to speak.

Hence we all need to play our part in "promoting" Our King through every possible means. Media, Social Media, Events, Snail mail (doing our part in sending letters out to relevant parties/centres, etc...), Email... Examples of letters here which have been provided by this website:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10541

Even if we cannot do big things, we can do just that from our desks or computers. Send out as many emails as we can. Every little bit DOES make a difference! The kind creators of this website has even compiled in alphabetical order some of the more relevant addresses. How much more simpler can it get? List of addresses here:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=10628

Lets not sit on our laurels and do our bit... and the ban WILL be lifted!

kris

This is super cool!! :D

lotus1

This is cool! Wonderful song and a great way to promote Lord Shugden to the younger generation.
For me, I think that one of the reasons that Christian can spread far is also due to music and songs that they will have it during their gathering. Music has it's “power” to  heal as well as linking people together.
Just an idea that cross my mind, can we also have Lullaby that we can play to children and babies so that they can be blessed too?

Btw, this also seems like a way to generate fund by provide download. Eshop may want to engage with them to sell this song too.
Cheers! :)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
SUPER CREATIVE! If we think about it there is so many wonderful possibilities to spread Dorje Shugden's lineage and practice... to tell the world who He really is. I mean 90% of this world have no real good idea about who Dorje Shugden and they don't give two hoots about the BAN... they don't even know. They would want to know if there were some kind of "good" thing that could swiftly grant their wishes or hear their prayers, I think they wouldn't mind perpetuating - WHY NOT?

Here are some creative ways we can contribute to spreading Dorje Shugden:

1. Make music like this one in many different genres & better!
2. Make short films   
3. Make a movie
4. Make a T-shirt
5. Make a music video
6. Make stencils and paint it in town
7. Make short documentaries
8. Make postcards and send it from around the world (and u can send it to CTA too from wherever u are hehehe)
9. Make more brochures to pass around like the one kindly created here by our wonderful admin
10. Make books, comics, etc that are entertaining yet informative about Dorje Shugden like what we've done here
11. and DVDs
12. Spread Dorje Shugden through online channels of social media... it's FREE and it's our greatest friend to spread Dorje Shugden to the world massively without cost!

and the list goes on and on and on.... Change is not gonna happened if we just sit around and do nothing.

I love these ideas from dsiluvu. You really love our lord Protector Dorje Shugden a great deal and I do agree with all the suggestions which you've inputed here. It'll be a dream come true with all these merchandize available in the market. Regardless online or not. I bet it would be really cool to see those punky lil kids with all the Dorje Shugden paraphanelias all over their bodies. It would be so cool to have Dorje Shugden as 'the coolest Buddha of our time' T-shirts and all.

I like the idea to have these things available so that people can get the entire thing going as part of their lives and slowly the idea of practicing Dorje Shugden sinks into their minds and it would just hit right home with whatever we wish to do here - lift the ban!

Growing Dorje Shugden seeds in the grassroots of society is the best way to make Dorje Shugden go mainstream because people are fresh to all these spiritual stuff. What more better when you have people with very clear minds who do not have spiritual complications to accept Dorje Shugden as their main practice.

Dorje Shugden merchandizes the way to go man! I wonder if we can name an orchid here with Dorje Shugden..... hmmmmmm
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

biggyboy

Wohhhh... a song in propagating Lama Tsongkhapa and Protector!  Great! Thank you David J of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets!  A great way to spread awareness to younger generation.

Meantime, constant awareness campaign and works has to carry on helping spread the importance and benefits of DS far and wide.  We can come out with many constructive ideas, most important the plan and execution.  Very importantly, work passionately for the ban to be lifted fast is the greatest gift and achievement we want to savour.  Not just for ourselves but for the many existing practitioners, new ones and know nothing people.  Let’s all join hands and share whatever we can here and help send out phamplets at your own turf or when travelling to send out letters, information through various means of social medias. Let’s make the difference!

Brochures :  http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=5016
Video :  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/dscartoon.flv
Letters :  http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10541

Tenzin Malgyur

Thanks so much for highlighting this wonderful song, icy. The lyrics is so meaningful. I like the video footage too. Do you think the singers are DS practitioners too? This is one of the effective media to introduce Dorje Shugden to the world out there. I agree it will catch on with the younger generation. Besides being entertained, their minds are being planted with DS seeds. It will go on to show that DS practitioners are creative and peaceful people. May all of the effort of every DS practitioners everywhere create the cause for the ban to be lifted very soon.

Tammy

I like this - not the song in particular, but the idea behind it.

We have to change method of spreading dharma in this days and age of modern technology. The songs,  and proposed merchandise are very good vehicles to attract young generations, as we speak their lingo. This way the seeds of dharma can be planted easily into their midstream and may they turn into full bloom quickly.

Down with the BAN!!!