Author Topic: MUST READ PROJECT FOR LINEAGE TO SURVIVE..READ CAREFULLY.  (Read 7023 times)

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
MUST READ PROJECT FOR LINEAGE TO SURVIVE..READ CAREFULLY.
« on: January 29, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »

Dear Most Venerable Geshe Tenzin Yeshe,

Your words are simple, straight, without politics and from your heart. I can feel how much devotion you have toward HH Dalai Lama, Love towards Tibet and your people and great faith towards Dorje Shugden. These three combinations of Dalai Lama, Love of Tibet and Dorje Shugden have been ok and no issues before the 1990's. Now suddenly it has become an issue. I don’t know what to say. But I can feel your immense pain, anguish, and the feeling of being ostracized. I feel for you so much. I shed tears for you and your plight.

Yet I feel no anger or malice in your words. Bless you Great Geshe-la.

When HH the Dalai Lama gives talks now, many people are afraid of what he is going to say or do next against the Dorje Shugden Devotees. Recently in Drepung (2008) he said that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is a manifestation of Atisha himself and that Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche is Heruka himself. But then how can such sublime holy beings as Atisha and Heruka make mistakes and NOT SEE DORJE SHUGDEN AS NEGATIVE? It is contradictions.

I too wish so much that HH the Dalai Lama would retract what he says and does regarding Dorje Shugden. And restore the peace quickly before it goes beyond repair. The Tibetans are not united. Tibetans are broken up. It does not suit a great being/leader like HH Dalai Lama to always speak on this one issue of Dorje Shugden always. It doesn’t match his station. Dorje Shugden is not the cause of Tibet losing its independence. So how can Dorje Shugden be the cause of it not getting autonomy now??

There are many Tulkus, Rinpoches, Teachers, Geshes and monks still practicing Dorje Shugden VERY SECRETLY AND QUIETLY NOW. Although they have to sign a letter stating they are not practicing or forced into a referendum. Why? They have no where else to go. Many have lived in the monasteries peacefully their whole lives. Now suddenly they are told that what their gurus gave them to do is wrong. Very difficult situation.

All of these practitioners are very proud of their Tibetan heritage and land. All these practitioners LOVE HH THE DALAI LAMA SO MUCH. THEY HAVE NO WISH TO GO AGAINST HIM OR THE FREEDOM OF TIBET. BUT PRACTICING DORJE SHUGDEN HAS BECOME SYNONYMOUS WITH WISHING ILL TO HH DALAI LAMA AND AGAINST TIBET'S FREEDOM. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. IT HAS NEVER BEEN THE CASE. IT WILL NEVER BE THE CASE.

How can any religious practitioner hate anyone let alone the Dalai Lama. Everyone loves the Dalai Lama. It is only this one issue. We cannot overlook HH the Dalai Lama's other tremendous accomplishments throughout this 14th reincarnation. Truth be told. But at the same time, with folded hands, foreheads touching the ground and tears streaming from our eyes WE SINCERELY REQUEST HH THE DALAI LAMA TO RESTORE THINGS BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE HE STARTING SPEAKING AGAINST DORJE SHUGDEN.
HH Dalai Lama should check the writings of his own root gurus (Trijang Rinpoche) on Dorje Shugden. Trijang Rinpoche wrote extensively on Dorje Shugden in order to preserve it for future generations. From the writings of Trijang Rinpoche he can make conclusions that speak of the true nature of Dorje Shugden. Trijang Rinpoche wrote a whole volume devoted to Dorje Shugden with many chapters on history, practice, ritual, benefits, fire puja, retreats, biographies of Dorje Shugden's previous lives, quoting from scriptural source to validate everything. HH the Dalai Lama should read more of Trijang Rinpoche works contained in this volume of works on Dorje Shugden with all these chapters. Quote from there. Contemplate from there. In fact all practitioners of Dorje Shugden should do that . We should request the capable lamas in the world to work on a project to translate this volume into English and Chinese. It would benefit so many. It would clear so much and enlighten on so much of Dorje Shugden's practice and its tremendous benefits.

We should follow Dorje Shugden's advice to not criticize and think negative toward HH the Dalai Lama. Dorje Shugden is a bodhisattva, but that is not the reason he is telling us not to disrespect HH. He has higher reasons we have to trust. We trust him on all other things, so we must trust regarding his advice on HH Dalai Lama.

The solution will have to be that all the Tulkus, Lamas, Geshes, Teachers, monks and sangha who are devoted to Dorje Shugden, respect HH Dalai Lama and love the motherland (Tibet) form their own Monastery. This group would contain great amount of qualified sangha to teach. It should be somewhere n India as most of the Sangha are in India and easier to move there. It should be a Monastery devoted to the preservation of this great Ear Whispered Lineage of Gaden. It should have open practice of Dorje Shugden. And sponsorship should be solicited from the great lamas living abroad. This monastery should engage in learning, study, debate, memorizations, passing of the lineage just like in the Three Great Seats of Gelugpa Pure lineage. They should invite qualified lamas to pass initiations, transmissions and commentaries while they are alive and well. The Geshes should teach philosophy. Such a Monastery should be formed and focus on hearing, listening and contemplation. This monastery should also do translation works into other languages the practice of Dorje Shugden as written by Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang. And it the main prayer hall of this Monastery there should be a throne to :

1. HH the Dalai Lama in the centre
2. To the Left Gaden Tripa
3. To the right Tulku Trakpa Gyeltsen

These three thrones should be there to create the causes for 'harmony' to be created in the future between these three throne holders.

Then thrones to HH Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche is a given.

Incarnations of such greats such as Kyabje Dagom Dorje Chang should be found and reinstalled in this Monastery.

There should be a resident monk trained in the powers of the oracle to take full possession of Dulzin, wrathful Shugden, Kache Marpo, Namka Barzin. This monk should be able to converse in Tibetan and English. So when possession take place, Shugden can speak either way.

No politics, or negative activities/speech toward HH the Dalai Lama should ever be done. Pure practice, meditation, learning, contemplation, retreats should be followed. A Geshe or equivalent program should be created in this Monastery, so monks can travel abroad to teach. If need be, the persecuted monks/teachers can join this monastery. For example the monks of Dokhang khangtsen in Shartse, Serkong Khangtsen of Jangtze and Pomra Khangtsen of Sera Mey can join this monastery if necessary. It should also have a strong foreigners program to learn. For foreigners to become Geshe or equivalent. To become doctrine/lineage holders to disseminate all over the world would be the goal.

Such a Monastery of the Gaden Ear Whispered Lineage should be built immediately.

We need a strong FOREIGN INDIVIDUAL ( because they will be FREE FROM TIBETAN GOVT RESTRAINTS) to head this project.

If a Tibetan does it, at this time, the Tibetan Government would do everything it can to stop them and they can. Whereas if a foreigner does so, then less chances.

This foreigner must form a dedicated team that will fundraise, locate land, get the approvals from the Indian Govt, organize the monks, build, construct and complete such a Monastery. It is a tremendous legacy to work on. This foreigner and his team must be a group of people who know the value of Dharma, preservation of this lineage and want to passionately and wholeheartedly do something with GREAT PURPOSE in their lives. A group of people who can see the faults of samsara, not attracted to the fallible pleasures life has 'revealed.' And who will do everything within the law of cause and effect to get this done. It is urgent now. Once someone starts and makes headway, then more and more people will join in and in time it will grow and gain momentum. This team should consult one of the great living oracles of Dorje Shugden living in Tibet, Taiwan or the USA. They should ask specific questions and get specific instructions on how to go about this. Dorje Shugden will procure the necessaries if this is the right path. That is for sure.

This is Something that has great meaning that will be preserved for all time.
A Gaden Ear Whispered Lineage with Dorje Shugden as its principle protector MUST MANIFEST AND TAKE ROOT.

IT WILL GROW, GROW AND GROW TO A NEW SCHOOL OF TIBETAN BUDDHISM UNDER THE YELLOW FLAG OF LAMA TSONGKAPA'S INFALLIBLE SYSTEM. A NEW SCHOOL OF BUDDHISM FREE FROM TIBETAN GOVERNMENT'S INTERFERENCE AND CONTROL.

After all, how much control will they have after HH passes away (I say that with the deepest respects to HH Dalai Lama and I do not wish him to pass away at all)? All their control and propaganda is just for a few more years, but this incredible new school of Buddhism will last another few hundred years! Many negative ministers in past Tibetan history are no more and we don’t even know of them, but Buddhism has survived. It will be the same way now. The current Tibetan ministers can only do temporary harm at this time. It cannot and will not last.

In fact many of the previous ministers are already living abroad or trying to get there. Many of the current ministers are trying to get to places like the US, Canada, or Australia. They even have families living there. Because they know when HH Dalai Lama is not living ( sorry to say that again) they will be finished. Their exiled Government will crumble. No leader is being groomed by HH the Dalai Lama. No leader can ever take the place of the Dalai Lama. The Tibetan Government is not designed to be ready for the demise of the Dalai Lama. There will be great turmoil, fear, radical changes, and helter skelter once HH passes away among the Tibetan Government in exile and the 23 Tibetan settlements in India.

No other leader within the Tibetan communities can ever replace HH the Dalai Lama. The only reason people now even listen a little to what Kalon Tripa Prime Minister Samdhong Rinpoche says is because he is backed up by the Dalai Lama. If HH is not present, no one would listen to him. On the whole, lay Tibetans are pragmatic, they will just find the best ways to provide food on the table and find a better place to live. They will not be so concerned on religious issues at all. If you talk to a lot of young Tibetans in the Tibetan Settlements, they know very little of Buddhism and remotely interested.

The new breed of monks/nuns filling up the great monasteries are mostly from Tibet itself. Refugees from Tibet. They have very little exposure, education, knowledge, experience, or understanding of anything. They are termed as 'unripes' in the monasteries. Like an unripe fruit.
They take on face value what HH the Dalai Lama says. If stirred, these new monks from Tibet can be quite violent at times. And they have been in the past surprisingly.

They are the ones now in Sera, Drepung and Gaden making the noise to follow HH' 'advice' to abandon Dorje Shugden practice. Some of these monks who have followed their teachers (Geshes) for years to receive philosophical teachings/trainings in their respective monasteries, abandon their teachers at the drop of a hat because their teachers practice Dorje Shugden now. That was unheard of in Tibet. Imagine receiving hundreds of hours/if not thousands of hours of philosophical training that is the direct causes for your understanding of Dharma and to become a Geshe, and then now you abandon your teacher BECAUSE HE PRACTICES DORJE SHUGDEN and you suddenly find him not a worthy object of refuge/respect? Well that is exactly what is happening in Sera, Drepung and Gaden now.

These young breed of monks in Sera, Drepung and Gaden are fanatical to follow the literal words of HH The Dalai Lama. If they really were devoted, they would be engaged in practice/study and remain quiet. Not engage in any political activity and never transgress their vows.

Any Tibetan now, if they had the chance to immigrate to another country, they immediately would. Once they are there, next generation of lay Tibetans will more or less by Buddhists by name. The Dorje Shugden issue will have just a distant resonance in their consciousness. It is in the other countries besides India/Tibet/ Nepal that the Dorje Shugden practice will take off. But currently, we need a monastery to manifest in India due to logistics. During this interim phase the Tibetan Clergy can disseminate/transfer this lineage to non-Tibetans.

The Tibetan Ministers in exile know very little if nothing of Buddhism.
They have some devotion to HH, but their devotion is more towards a good life, moving abroad and securing their families future. Many of them are quite comfortable in foreign lands or planning a comfortable life there. If they were really devoted, they should set an example and all ministers and ex ministers should stay in India and 'suffer' with the masses. But in their travels with HH to other countries, they are feverish to make connections to immigrate for themselves and their families.

The bottom line is, when the sun sets (passing of HH) the Dorje Shugden issue will become 'resolved' and grow. HH is now making Dorje Shugden the most famous Tibetan protector in the world. Think about it. I choose to believe it is within the scheme of things that this is happening.

I believe it is within the scheme that a new school of Tibetan Buddhism will arise strong, powerful, beneficial with blessings ripe for the pickings. After all Lama Tsongkapa combined the living traditions of the three schools during his life to create what we have now. Again why can’t that happen. True we don’t have someone like tsongkapa, but we are not creating new teachings or combining teachings of other schools, but preserving what Lama Tsongkapa has compassionately elucidated. From the infallible teachings of Lama Tsongkapa the many Monasteries by him or inspired by him has produced thousands of countless great sublime beings. Many of these beings have incarnated back or purposely taken rebirth back. They haven’t all necessarily taken rebirth back as teachers, monks, nuns, geshes or tulkus again. Many could be 'ordinary' men and women in many non-Tibetan countries waiting for the time that perhaps something like this writing can trigger something latent in them planted lifetimes ago. Ready to ripen and take on the role/job/ mission to spearhead this new school of Gaden's Buddhism. The time has come to not just type, talk, wish, and pray but to take peaceful action by building and creating such an illustrious Monastery. If started, who can actually stop it? Certainly no one.

These sublime beings teachings, practice and lineage now must be preserved in a new Monastey/new school with Lord Dorje Shugden as its principle Dharma Protector. The time has come.

Mountains

Dear Sir,

The refrendum recently held at the monasteries in south India is about whether or not maintaining social and spiritual relationship with Shugden devotees. Are we not banishing them virtually out of Our society, Ought we not to live harmoniously within Tibetans irespective of religious beliefs and focus singlepointedly on our true tibet cause, Are we not on the verge of creating Tamil-sinhalese like conflict within Tibetan society, HH Dalai lama has advised them so much but they are adamant with their beliefs, so what we can do? But ofcourse we shouldnot marginalise them, they are also Tibetan in the first place having green book and many of them had joint whole heartedly in the freedom struggle till now. We Tibetan including Shugden devotees were kicked out from our motherland, now they are being kicked out for second times. They are oppressed by the opressed, How sad they will be? It is bearable to be abandoned and banished by enemy but it is not bearable when it is your own parents. I am writting this because i practiced shugden and also love HH Dalai Lama and my fatherland. Never in the history of civilised and democratic society had ever witnessed such a referendum designed to outcast and banish minority in the name of religion and secularism. This shows how stupid, wicked and heartless our government is. We are not democrazy but theocrazy in the disguise of democrazy, the most dangerous society. It clearly shows why we lost our country?

I practice Shugden but never in my dream i would engage in Anti-Tibet activity, if some individual shugden devotees are engaging in Anti-Tibetan cause, then you have to proof them via legally in the court, some individual or group may maintain contact with china but that doesnot mean that they are anti-Tibet. But anyhow before Dalai lama's ban is there any thing to be heard of shugden devotees' contact with chinese? NO. But why now, you made it?

The way Dalai lama and Tibetan gov. has condemned the shugden as demon, one who hinder free-tibet cause( haha, how you goverment officials can ever belief in such thing, eyes wide open, you will know who really hinder free-Tibet cause,its very obvious) .

whatever is shugden, demon or buddha, but atleast for the shugden devotees he is Buddha, Can you imagine how much badly, severly Dalai lama condemned shugden and it is beyond imaginable that i , like shugden devotees still be patient and didnot lose faith in Dalai lama as our leader and very good Buddhist teacher because Shugden himself has repeatedtly advised us to abstain from saying and doing anything against Dalai lama.

Truly speaking ,before Dalai lama' Ban on shugden, monastery was very peaceful and harmonious, when ever we lined up in ovation to receive Dalai lama to our monasytery, we had a very deep feeling of peace and satisfaction that our beloved leader, buddha in flesh was about to arrive and HH Dalai lama himself seemed very cheerful, smiling , waving with his car window fully opened. Now that era is no more with us, we feel afraid that now what Dalai lama would say About shugden?

It is my request to the Tibetan Goverment that all Tibetan are treated equally, officially shouldnot condemned others object of worship, otherwise dont say we are secular.

Prevent Tamil-sinhalese like conflict occuring in Tibetan society.

with folded hand,

Tenzin Yeshi( Geshe)

Dave

Re: MUST READ PROJECT FOR LINEAGE TO SURVIVE..READ CAREFULLY.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »
Some change will take place eventuallly.

I have noticed that Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyato has done alot similar to this; making my (nkt) tradition very modern,western with no political affiliations;this is stated almost at every General Program class I attend.
His study programs have also been amazing ways to create teachers and have westerners like myself study the same texts he has studied.
What a great kindess,but I do see that more like Ven. Geshe-la will do this soon...very soon.
Something is at work here,we are just along for thee ride.
Also his ability to ordain so many...its very wonderful.

beggar

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:41:20 AM »

Precious Mountain,

your call broke my heart into a thousand pieces... and put it back together better than before!
To me, it is the summary of simply everything on this website -its content and spirit - and the rising wind that heralds the new dawn.

Even though unfortunate natures have begun to visit us, trying to sow harmful information and disharmony with increasing subtlety, it seems that something good comes of it every time, which says a lot about the sincerity and good motivation of our participants.
This is reason to rejoice and to renew our commitment to work from the basis of compassion and understanding always. Some situations call for a 'mirror' and clear words - we are not mindless airy fairy fools - nevertheless let us all strive not to get dragged into negativity per se, as this is precisely what some want to achieve and believe me, they are trained in this more than any of us.

when the surgeons come in
remember the emptiness of aggregates
let knifes strike space
come back as spring breeze
- fragrant

May whatever we do never be separate from Dharma.
May the holy vision described by Mountain fill us, encompass us and carry us towards its realization in this world.
Mahabodhi has already volunteered as caretaker of our new Monastery... i'll be happy to clean toilets...

Thank you Mountains, thank you everyone -

yours, beggar

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
I was reading through some old posts on the forum and enjoyed this post by Mountains very much. I feel it is so very sincere and every word in it Dharmic. I hope you do too.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for reviving this thread by Mountain. It is indeed a "MUST READ" article. I am glad you reposted this again as it was posted back quite some time in 2008.  I am thoroughly in agreement with every word in the article.

I like what it is said in the article concerning the practice of Dorje Shugden :

IT WILL GROW, GROW AND GROW TO A NEW SCHOOL OF TIBETAN BUDDHISM UNDER THE YELLOW FLAG OF LAMA TSONGKAPA'S INFALLIBLE SYSTEM. A NEW SCHOOL OF BUDDHISM FREE FROM TIBETAN GOVERNMENT'S INTERFERENCE AND CONTROL.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

I totally agree with every word in this article.I believe that  HH the Dalai Lama has his reasons for all these controversies. If we have faith in Dorje Shugden, we should follow His advice to not criticize and think negative towards HH the Dalai Lama. Be patient and focus on our practices instead of wasting time on politics. I hope and pray that the vision of Mountain will eventually materialize.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »

I totally agree with every word in this article.I believe that  HH the Dalai Lama has his reasons for all these controversies. If we have faith in Dorje Shugden, we should follow His advice to not criticize and think negative towards HH the Dalai Lama. Be patient and focus on our practices instead of wasting time on politics. I hope and pray that the vision of Mountain will eventually materialize.

Dear pgdharma,
I agree with you say but not everyone will believe that it was Dorje Shugden who advised to not think negatively of this controversy/ His Holiness.

What I believe is in following the footsteps of the great masters, for example Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche, who neither wanting to give up the tradition of his own predecessors, nor wanting to stick out as opponent to His Holiness. Chocktrul Rinpoche chose to change his life-style totally and now lives freely, concentrated in his own Dharma-studies and practices in the USA.

It shows that Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche respects His Holiness, but at the same time, it is also impossible for him to follow HH the Dalai Lama's instructions to give up his practice.

I think it is better to spend time to see what's the best solution for the situation instead of blaming or condemning His Holiness as that will only add on to more heartache or feelings of anger/ betrayal/ disappointment/ hopelessness/ depression.

thaimonk

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:38:17 AM »
It is so important to reflect what Mountains wrote. It applies always-timeless.

It is important we get this out to as many readers as possible.

I will.

dsiluvu

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
The write up by Mountains is surely a beautiful Vision of true peace and compassion that all Buddhist should abide in.

This is basically like a module or a guide to creating your perfect Dharma institute base on Dharma sense, spirit, logic and teachings.

Something like this type of Institute bring Hope for the future and the continuation of Buddha's intended teachings of unconditional love and non judgmental kindness :)

I think Wise Words of Mountains is something all Schools ought to be contemplated, discussed, talked, implemented and use as guidelines, or tools to help improve Buddhist schools, ready for tomorrow's generation.

Somehow this also sound like the birth of Shar Gaden and it's intended purpose for our future... how exciting!

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »
Soo much eloquence and timeliness. Today is a great day in the new year to have come across a post from soo long ago. It is a breath of fresh air and makes all the many wasted conversations with the haters seem just like that a waste a time.

All of their arguments just slip away... too much small mind mentality to spend this lifetime protesting and professing the wrongness of HH.

Prepare for the future of DS and the ear whispered lineage. For a foreign oracle, for the new breed of monks n nuns striving for true realisations.

Also never looked at it this way, that the reincarnations of such great lamas that are banned need a place to grow and teach. Lets build it and they will come, a real life "Field of Dreams" wasn't that great a movie but i do diverge. I feel purpose in this LINEAGE PROJECT, i feel others will too.

I will support this, tell me who do I sign up with?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 07:54:45 AM »
I really support this notion and suggestion from mountains. Why? because the pure lineage of Ganden, free from politics and meddling of laypeople must survive or else the Ganden tradition will be gone. Ganden monastery now, unfortunately, has succumbed to pressure from the CTA and engage in activities where monks are forced to break the vinaya just to conform to some government policy. This clearly shows that the CTA has no intention of actually supporting the Dharma, and thus, a proper monastery that represents the Gelug tradition well must exist to ensure that Je Tsongkhapa's teachings are not tainted or compromised by unfair policies.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »
Reading this post written in 2008 when the ban was imposed brought tears to my eyes. 

Please read to know how many people have suffered for their practice of Dorje Shugden.