Author Topic: His Holiness The 25th Tritul Rinpoche  (Read 10132 times)

losangshengpin

His Holiness The 25th Tritul Rinpoche
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »
Attention:
Before this, Tritul Rinpoche is a Gelugpa’s guru, so he did not give up Shugden before.

But Since 2008.01.01, His Holiness Tritul Rinpoche already recover the Atisha’s Kadhampa. Tritul Rinpoche said that when Atisha brought his teaching to tibet, (when the beginning of Kadhampa on 1042), no Shugden at that time, so the kadhampa that he recover have no Dorje Shugden anymore since the day the recover Atisha’s Kadhampa.
[Shugden is protector of Gelugpa, but no Kadhampa, because Atisha does not pratice Shugden, so Shugden no exist in Kadhampa, even today]

Prove: (Youtube, the disclaimer of Tritul Rinpoche]
Small | Large

For your information. Thanks.

Important: The Taiwan Hualian Temple is not a Dorje Shugen Temple, it is a pure Kadhampa temple.
All H.H. Tritul Rinpoche's temple have no Dorje Shugden since 2008.01.01.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:44:24 PM by losangshengpin »

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: His Holiness The 25th Tritul Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
Thank you for your info. So now (just wondering) which deity is being installed as the protector in all the centres then?

lightning

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »
Thank you for your info. So now (just wondering) which deity is being installed as the protector in all the centres then?

No particular protector installed, as far as I know, the Kadham four Yidams namely: Shakyamuni Buddha, Ayra Avalokiteshavra, Ayra Tara and Arya Acalanatha (protector). Arya Accalanatha is the protector of Kadham teachings.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »

No particular protector installed, as far as I know, the Kadham four Yidams namely: Shakyamuni Buddha, Ayra Avalokiteshavra, Ayra Tara and Arya Acalanatha (protector). Arya Accalanatha is the protector of Kadham teachings.

Thank you for sharing the info and pointing out the connection. I have a friend who's very interested in Arya Acalanatha as he has a small statue of this deity from Japan. 

Achala, Krodharaja (English: the Immovable One, King of the Wrathful)
Krodharaja Achala is found in 2 Tantras from the Kriya classification along with the Siddhaikavira Tantra, catalogued by the Sakyas as a Charya Tantra, also known as the White Manjushri Tantra. It is from here that he takes on his role as a remover of obstacles and the special protector for the practices of Manjushri. In Anuttarayoga there are 3 Tantras specifically for Achala. The Chandamaharoshana is the most famous of these. The Kriya Tantra practice of Achala was popularized by Lord Atisha (982-1054) the founder of the Kadampa School and also by Lobpon Sonam Tsemo of Sakya (1142-1182).
(Source: Jeff Watt: http://www.himalayanart.org/image.cfm/99102.html)

lightning

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »

Thank you for sharing the info and pointing out the connection. I have a friend who's very interested in Arya Acalanatha as he has a small statue of this deity from Japan. 

Krodharaja Achala is found in 2 Tantras from the Kriya classification along with the Siddhaikavira Tantra, catalogued by the Sakyas as a Charya Tantra, also known as the White Manjushri Tantra. It is from here that he takes on his role as a remover of obstacles and the special protector for the practices of Manjushri. In Anuttarayoga there are 3 Tantras specifically for Achala. The Chandamaharoshana is the most famous of these. The Kriya Tantra practice of Achala was popularized by Lord Atisha (982-1054) the founder of the Kadampa School and also by Lobpon Sonam Tsemo of Sakya (1142-1182).

If your friend is interested in Acalanatha, he can come to Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia for Acalanatha Empowerment. It is said that chanting of Acalanatha for 1 million times, you will have one extra tooth. If I am not wrong, Buddha has 40 teeth. Acalanatha is considered a wrathful type of Yidam.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »

Dear all,

From Vajraprotector's description, Acala is not a Protector but in fact a lower Tantric Yidam. Yidams and Protectors are very different in its presentation of its practice. Therefore if this description is reflective of its practice, then Acala is a Yidam and not a Protector. Like Yamantaka, he may have developed a reputation as a Yidam because of his efficacy.

lightning

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:57:37 AM »

Dear all,

From Vajraprotector's description, Acala is not a Protector but in fact a lower Tantric Yidam. Yidams and Protectors are very different in its presentation of its practice. Therefore if this description is reflective of its practice, then Acala is a Yidam and not a Protector. Like Yamantaka, he may have developed a reputation as a Yidam because of his efficacy.

Yeah, maybe I have not checked out on this and whether there is a washing feet offering in the Sadhana itself, we should be able to know.

thaimonk

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »
Tritul Rinpoche is still quietly supporting Shar Gaden Monastery is the latest scoop. He might have 'given up' Dorje Shugden publicly but privately he supports Shar Gaden.

He has also sent over 100 young monks that are from his monastery in Nepal to be educated in Shar Gaden just 3 months back.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »
Shar Gaden also has a huge picture of Tritul Rinpoche in the small chapel near the administration offices.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
Shar Gaden also has a huge picture of Tritul Rinpoche in the small chapel near the administration offices.

Cool! Can you share what deity is in this small chapel? Thanks!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
The chapel is used by the administrators and other staff at the monastery. It is also the room where important meetings are held with visiting lamas and other friends of the monastery. They do perform some special pujas there on a smaller scale than the regular pujas held in the main prayer hall. The chapel's main focus is Je Tsongkhapa and his two spiritual sons, but there are also statues of Dorje Shugden, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, Geshe Rabten Rinpoche, and other lineage lamas.

It was in this chapel that I shared a meal with the holy abbot, Jetsun Lobsang Phende, on my last night at the monastery. I have pictures of him presenting me with a statue of Dorje Shugden in that chapel. :)