Author Topic: Ngulchu Dharmabhadra  (Read 7684 times)

hope rainbow

Ngulchu Dharmabhadra
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »
I have gathered info on Internet about Ngulchu Dharmabhadra as follows:

Born 1772, passed away in 1851.
He is a lineage guru in Je Tsongkhapa’s Ganden ear-whispered Mahamudra lineage.
His collected work identifies Dorje Shugden as having arisen from the continuum of great, realized yogis that includes Duldzin Drakpa Gyaltsen, Panchen Sonam Drakpa and Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen.
He was a great scholar, tantric master and has left many written works still used today.

Can anyone share more info about this great master?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Ngulchu Dharmabhadra
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »
I have gathered info on Internet about Ngulchu Dharmabhadra as follows:

Born 1772, passed away in 1851.
He is a lineage guru in Je Tsongkhapa’s Ganden ear-whispered Mahamudra lineage.
His collected work identifies Dorje Shugden as having arisen from the continuum of great, realized yogis that includes Duldzin Drakpa Gyaltsen, Panchen Sonam Drakpa and Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen.
He was a great scholar, tantric master and has left many written works still used today.

Can anyone share more info about this great master?

Hope R,

Thanks for the info.. can you please let us know what is the URL/ source of this info?

Just curious...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
He is also a great lineage master for the Vajrayogini practices.

He was a prolific writer who wrote texts on everything from grammar to HYT, and everything in between. I have many of his texts in digitised format.

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »
HD,

mostly, the info is gathered from:

http://truthaboutshugden.wordpress.com/2008/12/

I could not find more definite or specific info.
As I am trying to link the dots by learning about high lamas and the practice of Dorje Shugden, it would be great if we could know more about this specific master.

hope rainbow

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
TS,
thank you for sharing.
Are you aware of a line of re-incarnations or other emanations arising from the same mind continuum?

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
What I know about Ngulchu Dharmabhadra (1772-1851) is that he's the author of the The Words of Situ, a famous work on Tibetan grammar, based on the teachings of Situ Panchen Chökyi Jungné (1699 or 1700-1774).

He was a master grammarian and you can actually purchase the digital format of that book here: http://www.tibet.dk/pktc/grammar.htm#SitusWords.

Also, I have read that Pabongka Rinpoche has acquired teachings from his lineage too. You can verify that in Pabongka biography. He's part of the Gelug lineage and his illustrated photo can be seen here: http://www.vajra-yogini.org/practice/lineage/gelug-lineage/80-34-ngulchu-dharmabhadra.html

Like what @hoperainbow wrote, in wikipedia, it states that: "Ngulchu Dharmabhadra (1772–1851), a Mahamudra  lineage Guru, identified Dorje Shugden as having arisen from the continuum of great beings that includes Duldzin Drakpa Gyaltsen, Panchen Sonam Drakpa and Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen.[46]"

I don't really know how it all links, but that's all that I've gathered so far...

hope rainbow

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »
Thank you Jessica for the valuable links and info.

Ringo Starr

• Email