Author Topic: The new kit for new people  (Read 8794 times)

honeydakini

The new kit for new people
« on: August 01, 2010, 03:27:52 AM »
Just saw this on the front page: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4213

Great stuff! Very comprehensive and clear. I wish there was a kit like this around when I first started knowing and hearing about Dorje Shugden.

WEBSITE PEOPLE - Thanks for yet another good idea! This is an excellent move in the right direction that bypasses all the complicated politics and brings people straight to Dorje Shugden and his sacred practice. I have been meeting people lately who are not interested in the politics at all - they find it tiresome - and would rather just know the benefits of Dorje Shugden and how it can help them.

I was just thinking: wouldn't it be just so great when one day, the whole direction of the website (and all DS websites!) shift over and the practice aspects takes over completely. No more politics! No more videos about the contradictory things DL is saying, the shifty TGIE, the protests etc. None of it - just a whole website full of practice, like a GIANT version of this new starter kit!

DSFriend

Re: The new kit for new people
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »
The I am New Here section sure has expanded! Admin, thank you for always adding new information to this site. This section is most beneficial for new people. All the necessary information in one section definitely will help a new person to find the relevant information. What I find most useful also is the pictures, summaries (in bullet format) as it helps bring out the key points, relevant videos and if "Read more" links for people who may wish for more information.

I do find this section very useful for my own reference and also to refer people to.

Thanks again Admin for your wish to spread the practice

pgdharma

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:57:51 AM »
Wow this is something new! Great work!  This is so informative especially for newbies who just wanted to do this practice and skip all the politics. A very detailed and comprehensive explanation of everything to get one started on.
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4213

Helena

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »
This is such an immensely informative kit. I am reading it as I am posting my comments. So many things to learn and understand. I realise there is really so much that I do not know about our dearest Protector.

Thank you, Admin team for always thinking of new and more ways to help us all.

May the great Protector King, Dorje Shugden, spread far and wide. May many people benefit from this.
Helena

VS

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
OMG! This is really cool and helpful for anyone who are new and want to do DS practice.

Thank you very much for admin and team for all your hardworks and always updating new information for the benefit of everyone. I'm sure you and your team had gone through many many many sleepless nights to get all this done. Keep up with the good works!

I've always love this website as there's always new information and new things to learn, very informative!

May this website and DS practice spread far and wide and benefit many. :D

thor

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »
Just saw this on the front page: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4213

Great stuff! Very comprehensive and clear. I wish there was a kit like this around when I first started knowing and hearing about Dorje Shugden.

WEBSITE PEOPLE - Thanks for yet another good idea! This is an excellent move in the right direction that bypasses all the complicated politics and brings people straight to Dorje Shugden and his sacred practice. I have been meeting people lately who are not interested in the politics at all - they find it tiresome - and would rather just know the benefits of Dorje Shugden and how it can help them.

I was just thinking: wouldn't it be just so great when one day, the whole direction of the website (and all DS websites!) shift over and the practice aspects takes over completely. No more politics! No more videos about the contradictory things DL is saying, the shifty TGIE, the protests etc. None of it - just a whole website full of practice, like a GIANT version of this new starter kit!

Your thoughts mirror mine completely. I find that the website is going through somewhat of a renaissance in terms of direction, content and ease of use. There's regular updates of new content for the long time Shugden practitioner,  while the new beginner's section introduces the key facts about Dorje Shugden's practice, history and benefits, without much politicking about. The Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen section does veer towards the politics of that time, but that cannot be helped as it is integral to what happened at that time. I like how the site caters to practitioners of all levels particularly beginners, and serves those new to Dorje Shugden with facts, figures and a structured way to explore his practice further.

triesa

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
Once again, I would like to congratulate the Admin of this web site for a job well done. Thank you for always bringing in fresh ideas to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden. I personally find this new kit very comprehensive, detailed but still simple enough to understand it at a glance.

It will benefit a lot of new people who come across DS and would like to know in greater details the DS lineage, history, the benefits of the practice, and which high lamas are DS practitioner, etc, etc. Infact, I find it very useful for myself. It will be nice if this new kit can be printed out in a small brochure. It will make an excellent kit to beginners as well as to practitioners who can use it to explain to beginners.

Thank you for those who are behind this project. A wonderful job indeed!  May the merits be dedicated for the Dorje Shugden lineage to spread far and wide to benefit many sentient beings. I rejoice greatly for all your effort!!!!

Cheers,
Triesa

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »
This website and the forum is quite a fascinating place - i find this forum challenges my perceptions, broadens my mind, gives me opportunity to learn and to express my thoughts in a safe environment.

The website is constantly improving - especially so with this new kit - the information is presented succinctly and palatable for anyone new to the Dharma, so kudos to its admin. I always look forward to seeing what's new on this website! Keep up the good work! :)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 11:00:57 AM »
I think I especially love the Frequently Asked Question section - it's like a Happy Meal version of this website: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW in a few easy steps.

I've also been thinking about how else we can contribute back to the website and I think this starter kit is the perfect thing that every one of us can contribute to.

I must say all my questions were answered in that section! But a call to all new people visiting the site to please also submit the questions that you have about Dorje Shugden, Dharma, etc This would definitely help other people visiting the site as new people will always have questions.

Or, we could also help to enhance the whole kit by sharing interesting articles or videos with the Admin, for them to consider adding it into the pack. This would provide rounded information.

What do you all think?

(Admin: Sorry, I hope you won't mind me making suggestions like this to everyone! Thank you for the amazing work :))

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This kit is simply wonderful.

This is such an effective method to create a clear and quick understanding about Dorje Shugden. The availability of such a kit is very encouraging for beginners as it cuts through all the controversies and go straight to the core of vital information required to form a strong foundation for learning and practice of Dorje Shugden.

Additionally, although I have read about our beloved Protector in various articles, books, websites etc., it is always good to have a refresher course that is compact and comprehensive. Therefore, this kit does not only serve new students but also “old” ones.

diamond girl

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
I simply love the new starter kit. It is comprehensive and very helpful. New people need not be overwhelmed by all the information all at once. Now, they can study the starter kit and decide what they want to explore more. No politics, no DL bashing, no taking sides, no righteousness - just simple, straightforward information for a seeker. I cannot say I am new but neither I dare say I am very well versed, I find this starter kit very useful because it helps me talk to new people about this wonderful practice. I can tell my friends a little and then tell them to check out the starter kit on the website. OH yes do not forget the new brochures too!!!!! So helpful to help many people now...

Thank you Website Team.

beggar

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
That's right Diamond girl!
Isn't it great (a blessing from DS himself!) that we have this handy pack to bypass all the politics! A real heart jewel for new people!

Now the beauty of it is that we can even just take out one little section from within the starter kit and pass it on to new people. Just handy little bite sized gems of information that go straight to the point.

I would also just send on the FAQ to people. All the best bits extracted and put into a handy little sheet! OR better yet, submit your own questions because for sure, whatever questions you have will probably also be what other people will want to ask.

a big round of applause for the website team!

yours, beggar