Author Topic: My Letter to H.H. the Dalai Lama Regarding Shugden  (Read 9030 times)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
My Letter to H.H. the Dalai Lama Regarding Shugden
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:08 PM »
I sent this letter on April 9th 2010 and His Holiness the Dalai Lama still has not responded.

Your Holiness,

I have been a devoted fan of your work. I support you for all your hard work in creating peace and promoting human rights. I have read your advice concerning Shugden. I have many friends who are Shugden devotees. I am very saddened to see many Shugden practitioners are witnessing homelessness and ostracism due to your actions. I support you as the reincarnation of Chenrezig. You have my full support for a Free Tibet, however I would advice you to set aside politics and have a dialogue with Shugden communities in India to resolve this issue.

Your Holiness, you are well known for your kindness and willingness for dialogue if this is truly the case please have a dialogue with Shugden followers. I am very shocked to see such a great leader denounce his own teacher and practice. In Minali a Dorje Shugden statue blessed by Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang was stolen at night and destroyed. It is very sad to see a religious leader in Tibetan Buddhism denounce his own Guru and even more to have his actions match that with the Chinese Communists during the Cultural Revolution. I have great respect for you and my message is a kind message to please have a dialogue with Shugden practitioners. If you able to talk to the Chinese Government then why can you not have a dialogue with your fellow Tibetans.

There are many great lamas who have practiced Shugden. The great Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche still practices Dorje Shugden. There are many people in Mongolia who follow Shugden. Tibetans in India,Nepal,and throughout the world practice Shugden. I feel that you should have an open dialogue with Shugden leaders somewhere in the world and come to an agreement based on mutual respect. Please contact Shar Gaden Monastery because if nothing else you will live up to your reputation.

From the Bottom of My Heart and with Great Respect,
   A Fellow Dharma devotee

P.S. This is the Shar Gaden Contact info

Mailing address:
Shar Gaden Monastery
Lama Camp #-1, P.O. Tibetan Colony
Mundgod 581411
Distt-Karwar (Karnataka State), INDIA

Emails:
[email protected]
DevoteeofDorje

WoselTenzin

Re: My Letter to H.H. the Dalai Lama Regarding Shugden
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
Dear DD,.

I like your letter to DL.  I have always believed in dialogue and peaceful negotiation to solve a problem.  No issues can be resolved if parties concerned are always confrontational towards each other.  I hope the DL will seriously consider your request.

Zach

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:16 AM »
Dear DD,.

I like your letter to DL.  I have always believed in dialogue and peaceful negotiation to solve a problem.  No issues can be resolved if parties concerned are always confrontational towards each other.  I hope the DL will seriously consider your request.

The DL has attained a NON ascertaining perceiver on such matters, No matter how many people ask him quietly, Loudly, or write letter to him about the subject he isnt going to answer.  :'(

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
From reading the letter, the message that is being conveyed is certainly one of sincerity and respect to resolve this controversy and develop understanding.

If H.H is willing to negotiate with the Chinese authorities but does not do so with fellow Dharma practitioners, I can only derive that there is nothing to say. There are threads sharing the "bigger picture" of this entire controversy posted several months ago. With the recent articles and news such as the Dalai Lama stating that His institution is not the pivotal foundation of Buddhadharma and the announcement of  TDG's incarnation, these past speculations could actually be more accurate than imagined.

As we patiently wait for the appearance of TDG's current incarnation, it would be wonderful to continue the efforts like DD.

To end, I sincerely thank H.H the 14th Dalai Lama for bringing Buddhadharma to the world and pray that Buddhadharma will continue to flourish.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »
From reading the letter, the message that is being conveyed is certainly one of sincerity and respect to resolve this controversy and develop understanding.

If H.H is willing to negotiate with the Chinese authorities but does not do so with fellow Dharma practitioners, I can only derive that there is nothing to say.

I don't think His Holiness is exactly "willing" to negotiate :) no offence intended, truly, but Tibet has very little in terms of bargaining power. China as an economic and political giant (that's getting stronger!) seems to hold most of the cards. Tibet as an independent nation is a lost cause, in our lifetime at least.

Well, what else IS there to say? What would His Holiness say to the monks of Shar Gaden should he meet them? He would still keep his stance on Dorje Shugden, as would they. Would he apologise and risk harm to the minds of the thousands who have blindly followed his words? Would the Shar Gaden monks come to accept his stance on Dorje Shugden? The very reason why they broke off is because they didn't accept his stance.

As we patiently wait for the appearance of TDG's current incarnation, it would be wonderful to continue the efforts like DD.

Sorry to throw a dampener on the proceedings but everyone keeps talking about waiting for the appearance of TDG's current incarnation. What no one ever talks about is what we should do to hasten the appearance of the incarnation. For many centres (e.g. FPMT), they are rapidly losing any chance of reconnecting with the Protector. They've already lost the incarnation of their lama.

honeydakini

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
It's very courageous of you to write - even if you haven't received a response, the effort you have put in is a testament to your commitment to this practice. Thank you for showing much strength and courage!

Zach

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »
Writing to H.I.M. is a total waste of time. He pretends that we are all ghost and only does incantatons to answer your request, closes his eyes with his hands and clicks his heels three times and says, Boo! Go Away. I went to see him personally and all I got was thrown out by my own State Department Guards. All six of them were heavily armed and told me in no uncertain terms that I would never be allowed near Mr. Gyatso on the very 115 acres I had given him 22 years before and had faithfully maintained and mown all day long,..,,,,,,!
 You think what you like,but I have my very own CIA agent living across the street . I kid you not!
 So write, Protesting in Person really Gets His Goat. Too Bad Buddhist are such nice people or they would have hounded him until he recanted or was dead. When I think of how many people had to protest the Viet Nam War/ Well this guy is a cupcake,if people loved him, they'd Intervene, Do an Intervention for someone addicted to power and fame. He is sick and we are doing a healing on him.
I think him and everybody else.
Do you know how to accept a healing?
If only Everybody Would Stand Up and Say All Together.
Stop this Insanity Right Now, this includes every lama, monk and novice.
I say! Stop Hiding behind his skirt and Stand For Yourselves.
Like Lord Buddha Said.
Depend Upon Yourself!
Nobody else can really help you!
Take the Advice, You'll be there to Catch Yourself, When the time comes!

Is there no way you can seek a legal injunction Thom ?
What can we do other then make continued offerings to Lord Shugden, There is one point out of this that his continued pressure against pure Gelug community will only make them increase their faith and reliance upon Shri Dorje shugden, As it has done mine.  :)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »
It's very courageous of you to write - even if you haven't received a response, the effort you have put in is a testament to your commitment to this practice. Thank you for showing much strength and courage!

Our sacred protector has many times asked and advised us to be patient on this matter. Even the incomparable sun, HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang himself has advised us not to lose faith in both the protector and His Holiness even if things were to look like it is not what is meant  to be, let it pass in hopes of a better future with a clear thought in mind and keep up our prayers and devotion to both HH and DS, the era of DS is coming

I thank u for ur letter to HHDL citing your feelings, it will add as fuel to the burning fire of not giving up

cheers
H1N!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

honeydakini

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
It is helpful to remember also that Dorje Shugden always says, while in trance through an oracle, that while we must not lose faith and be patient, we must also not speak badly against the Dalai Lama. This is the advice of our Protector himself!

I take this to mean that though these are trying times, it is also all the more reason for us to practice, and that things ultimately, will reveal themselves to be okay. Otherwise, why would our holy protector advise us this way? Why would he encourage us to “suffer in silence” (as it were) for the moment, if it were not the most beneficial way? He doesn’t give us advice that will hurt us, ever. 

hope rainbow

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »
Throug these testing times, I believe it most important that:
1. we apprehend the teachings to be without contradictions,
2. we keep our focus on Je Rinpoche's teachings and take them as personal instructions,
3. we prepare ourselves and others for the buddhist renaissance in the making.

There is now, and will increasingly be a great need for debate.
These debates can help a great number of people to develop proper understanding and a steady faith in the qualfied lamas of the Gelug lineage.
Great things can come from these!

I have faith in His Holiness, and I believe that he knows what to do to best help as many as possible.
And I am also a Shugdenpa.
No contradiction there, not for me.