Author Topic: Questions for the 'Bigger Picture People'  (Read 8604 times)

Mohani

• duldzin
Questions for the 'Bigger Picture People'
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »
Where is this view coming from, who is teaching this and why?

It seems the forum has been taken over by people trying to spread this view that the DL actions towards his Gurus and their disciples are holy and have a bigger picture. Maybe the people who are spreading this view would benefit by his actions if they came out in the open and admitted they are Dorje Shugden practitioners?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:21:27 AM by Mohani »

Zach

Re: Questions for the 'Bigger Picture People'
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
I think their intentions are in the right place, But perhapes they would feel a tad different if they where actually on the receiving end of this amongst the tibetan communities.  :-[

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:22:49 AM »
I understand why some people feel they need to remain silent, maybe they are scared of what will happen if they speek up but It seems there is an undercover Dorje Shugden lama doing his best to promote the DL and Dore Shugden with some strange 'bigger picture' view, maybe to protect his own reputation. Is this what the monks, geshes and gurus at Serpom and Shar Ganden think, I dont think so, last time I was at Pombra at Sera the monks there certainly did not have this view. Did Dagom, Domo etc have this view and teach it, no, does Geshe Kelsang, Gonsar, Gangchen, no. Most of the monks who stay silent also stay silent about the DL, they dont try to promote him. Who is teaching this?
My guess is the person teaching this is the person who is going to be heralded as the incarnation of Dragpa Gyaltsen, I have allready said who I thought that is going to be.
'Rattle that Cage'

Zach

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
I do not know i cannot say ! Really it would just be pure speculation on my part what someones intentions where, instead of dwelling on the negative ( This will be delt with in time ) It is good to look at the positive outcome from this, Serpom norling and Shar gaden are now pure institutions free from the corruption of DL politics  ;D
They will be at the forefront of spreading and maintaining the pure Gaden doctrine in the east while we in the west free from DL politics will be able to try and do the same here  ;D
Many people now know of The great Dharma protector Dorje shugden thanks to the efforts of many here and the publicity work the DL has been doing, Greater talk develops greater interest and the wise will be able to discern for themselves the benifit of practise.

Time may be tough, But we should strive to practise in the face of such adversity " If even every sentient being in the 6 realms where to rise up against me as my enemy i would repay their harm by helping them " What better way to prove the other side wrong if in such difficult times we are inspired to use such situations as a catalyst to develop our mind ? I have been practising more and more often in these times, Just makes me realize how important this is, And so now in the spirit of maintaining, Developing and increasing Bodhichitta i shall practise Dorje shugdens invocations for those who have lost their way.

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »

Many people now know of The great Dharma protector Dorje shugden thanks to the efforts of many here and the publicity work the DL has been doing, Greater talk develops greater interest and the wise will be able to discern for themselves the benifit of practise.

Hi Zach,

Thanks, yes I agree that the two monasteries are in a good dharma position now they are not under the influence of a political Lama. Brilliant.
But the view that the DL has helped spread Dorje Shugden practice is wrong. If he hadn't caused the ban then many many more people would have met Dorje Shugden and be relying on him. The DL has stated it is his wish to destroy the practice. Maybe people don't understand him. If you rely on the DL how can you rely on Dorje Shugden, If he is your guru and he says 'don't rely on Dorje Shugden, If you do I don't want anything to do with you' and you continue to, praising the DL's bigger picture, then that seems pretty confused, and disrespectful to him.
I agree that we should practice Dharma in the face of difficulties, I know for my self the difficulties that have arisen from this situation have helped me in many ways, especialy with my faith in my teacher and Dorje Shugden, and to appreaciate pure dharma free from politics.
x
x
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:14:43 AM by Mohani »

Zach

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »

Hi Zach,

Thanks, yes I agree that the two monasteries are in a good dharma position now they are not under the influence of a political Lama. Brilliant.
But the view that the DL has helped spread Dorje Shugden practice is wrong. If he hadn't caused the ban then many many more people would have met Dorje Shugden and be relying on him. The DL has stated it is his wish to destroy the practice. Maybe people don't understand him. If you rely on the DL how can you rely on Dorje Shugden, If he is your guru and he says 'don't rely on Dorje Shugden, If you do I don't want anything to do with you' and you continue to, praising the DL's bigger picture, then that seems pretty confused, and disrespectful to him.
I agree that we should practice Dharma in the face of difficulties, I know for my self the difficulties that have arisen from this situation have helped me in many ways, especialy with my faith in my teacher and Dorje Shugden, and to appreaciate pure dharma free from politics.
x
x

Even unintentionally if we look at it this way the DL is still spreading Dorje shugden, I dont ascribe to the bigger picture as other people do but the fact is that before people started speaking his name no one had heard of him in wider dharma community...Now everyone knows about it.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »

Even unintentionally if we look at it this way the DL is still spreading Dorje shugden, I dont ascribe to the bigger picture as other people do but the fact is that before people started speaking his name no one had heard of him in wider dharma community...Now everyone knows about it.

Zach - that's true. I think if we asked people if they have heard of Palden Lhamo, Mahakala, Setrab or Dorje Shugden, i think more people would have heard of Dorje Shugden. I think he's the only Dharma Protector who has been mentioned in Time magazine or Newsweek!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »

Zach - that's true. I think if we asked people if they have heard of Palden Lhamo, Mahakala, Setrab or Dorje Shugden, i think more people would have heard of Dorje Shugden. I think he's the only Dharma Protector who has been mentioned in Time magazine or Newsweek!

True Kate, so even if there are good intentions or bad intentions the result will still be the same, More publicity.  :)

VS

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »

True Kate, so even if there are good intentions or bad intentions the result will still be the same, More publicity.  :)

Very true Kate. I totally agree. Dorje Shugden is definitely making waves everywhere, be it on the net, press etc. More people got to know DS thanks to all these controversies!  ;D

crazycloud

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
Unfortunately, because of the Dali Lama's shameful behaviour, most people who have heard of Dorje Shugden have a negative feeling about this Buddha.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
As stated in the Front Page of this Forum, which has been there since Day 1:

"We promote and value HARMONY. Please do not post anything negative about any lamas, sects, deities or anyone."

This topic is locked for repeatedly going against the mission statement of this Forum.

In the future, any topic of this nature will be deleted immediately.

Admin