Author Topic: Brilliant explanation on ORACLES!  (Read 29226 times)

Tenzin Malgyur

Re: Brilliant explanation on ORACLES!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Thank you so much, TK for being so kind to give such a detailed explanation on oracles. I guess the reason believers consult a oracle is a mean of convincing themselves what their lama have told them. After reading your article, I am much clearer on why HHDL who is an enlightened being would consult Nechung who is not yet enlightened. Thank you also for pointing out the fact that the real practice of all is that of our mind transformation.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
The oracle phenomena is relatively new to me.  I am a firm believer to have confidence in oneself to do things that are not against my conscience.  How one draws the line between when to request advice from Oracle and when to trust in one's own judgement and pray for the best will happen because I have done everything I can to the best of my ability?

There are times where our own judgements has its limits and we can no longer rely on our own judgement, or when we cannot see beyond a certain point. It is during these times that the advice of an oracle is more necessary, especially for long term plans that extend far into the future which is really beyond anyone's ability to judge or to find out.

We do not consult oracles for short term plans and results, neither will we consult oracles for our daily or mundane problems because those problems can be solved with decisive action or just with a little bit more of wisdom and patience. We do not need the help of the divine for petty questions like when are we going to find our partners or whether we should study overseas, for example.

The oracle is for help with long term Dharma related projects such as extending the monastery, whether or not it is feasible to do so and whether or not it is a wise decision in the long run as it is the funds of the sangha that will be used and this money cannot be wasted unnecessarily as it is not just merely a resource but the good wishes and prayers of others as well so to waste or misuse it would incur incredible amounts of negative karma.

For us laypeople, we do not have much reasons to consult an oracle for if we just follow the lama's instruction and go all the way with it as following the Lama's instructions would usually clear off obstacles to our Dharma practice anyway although most of the time it its just a little bit more effort and commitment that is needed. Oracles are usually for the big stuff and not really related with us.

eyesoftara

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 05:11:15 AM »
This is a brilliant post on Oracles by thaimonk I thought I want share with everyone especially the newcomers in this forum. I am new myself by stumble on to this when looking at older posts and thought that this will be interesting and we can learn a lot from this post.

I like the points made here especially that the main practice is not the Protector practice but it certainly help the main practices. The main practices are Lamrim, Lojong and Tantra, especially the Highest Yoga Tantra. Also, I would like to add Guru Devotion to the main practices. Protector practice supports the main practice. This is important to know.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
Thank you all for such brilliant articles on Oracles.  There are quite a few Oracles of Dorje Shugden, one of which is the Panglung Kuten and it is known that the prophecies given are very sincere and accurate.

If we ever have the merits to be in the presence of an oracle taking trance of Dorje Shugden, it would be like talking to our protector in person.