Author Topic: check out the new Shar Gaden website :)  (Read 6533 times)

kelsang

check out the new Shar Gaden website :)
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »

Mohani

• duldzin
Re: check out the new Shar Gaden website :)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
Nice, thanks.  :)

honeydakini

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
Thank you!
This is great stuff. So happy to see all the wonderful, strong, great work that Shar Gaden is doing. And wonderful that they can get such committed, talented people to help them do a website.

The main gompa looks stunning!!!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:03:05 AM »
The staff here (as well as a kind sponsor) worked very hard on developing the website and will continue to add content as time goes by.

With all of the other activities these monks engage in it is amazing that they found the time for this project.

Good job Jampa and all the others who helped!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »
Congratulations to all those who helped to sponsor and create this website. The monasteries are really moving into the 21st century with all these websites and social networking to raise awareness of their lineage and activities.

Shar Gaden is also on facebook so do add them :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1639429371
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Wonderful achievement. Deep roots are being formed which we may water with our practice. :)
A compassionate mind cannot be penetrated by anger or attachment.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
Here is another website for Shar-Gaden. This was just launched recently and content will be added soon.

The difference in this site is this new site has a page for prayer requests, and there is also a forum that people can discuss all things 'Shar Gaden'.

Soon the calender will also have added content; then you can see what types of activities are going on at the monastery during the week.

Here is the link:

http://shargaden.webs.com/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:40:13 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

thor

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 03:32:21 AM »
The prayer request section is such a brilliant idea. I love it.

Not to cause any offence, but why are there two websites? I would have thought the monks have enough on their hands without the need to maintain and update two separate sites, even if the technical stuff was being done for them. Another oddity is that the official homepage http://shargadenpa.org/ does not accept donations nor prayer requests but the newer one does http://shargaden.webs.com.

Perhaps the owners of the new site should add an ABOUT US page to let the readers know what the 2nd site is for. Or consolidate the two sites into one for maximum traffic and awareness

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
The other site is the 'official' website. That site is more informative while the new site is more interactive. They are both managed by staff here at the monastery.

honeydakini

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »
T.S. This is great news and I'm so happy to hear of all that you are doing to help them grow and develop.

What I love most from hearing your news from the monastery is now open and willing they are to embrace new technologies, methods and the internet to make their lineage grow. They seem to be very progressive, far-reaching and certainly very courageous.

Perhaps you could share a little as to what their response is like to new technologies there in general? I am guessing that some more conservative schools of thought may think that technology is not a suitable medium as it dilutes the teachings etc etc ad nauseum, so I'm curious to hear how else the Shar Gaden monks are employing technology to both learn and spread the dharma.

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
Dear TS
Thank you for bringing us news of this new interactive website.  I wish Shar Gaden great success to promote the Dharma via the two websites. It is essential to be progressive as technologies have become such an integral part of our lives.

triesa

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:04 AM »
Dear TS,

Thank you for sharing the two new web sites for Shar Gaden. Yes I do agree that it would be good if they can consolidate these two websites into one to make it a more effective tool to reach out to all  without diverting the effort and resources, unless the two websites are instructed by two different sponsors.

Triesa

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00:03 AM »
I am very excited to know that Shar Gaden is on the net and utilising new technology to promote & support their monastery. Definitely a very good model for a progressive monastery (and Dorje Shugden ambassadors!).

Thank you for sharing the updates Tenzin Sungrab.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02:23 AM »
Thanks Tenzin for sharing the link - I'm well impressed to see the site so nicely set up. I'm even more impressed to see their languaging...for being the actual monks persecuted by the policies, they should be even more vehement in their opposition to the Dalai Lama. Still, their words (e.g. "Due to its inability to accept a deeply divisive religious policy being persued with political vigor since 1996 by the Dalai Lama and its supporter") are very measured and respectful.

Hah. I like the prayer request bit...how about we request a Dorje Shugden puja for His Holiness? :)