Author Topic: Vajra Yogini  (Read 17806 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Vajra Yogini
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

Especially read the comments section. It was apparently written by Tsem Rinpoche's students from a talk he gave last night:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/starting-on-vajra-yogini-now.html#tp

TK

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Vajra Yogini
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
Thank you TK for the link.

I have been 'following' Tsem Rinpoche's teachings online for quite some time now via Youtube and Twitter. I've also visited their centre when I travelled to Malaysia for work.

One of their students at their centre told me that Tsem Rinpoche's main focus is to promoting  Vajra Yogini, hence His Eminence named his organisation Kechara - sanskrit for kachoe (Vajrayogini's paradise/ abode). Looks like great masters like Tsem Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and many more are all promoting this practice from/lineage of Lord Pabongka Vajradhara Dechen Nyingpo & Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche as THE tantric deity for this age.

The student also told me that Tsem Rinpoche is very strict in giving Vajrayogini initiation and is encouraging his students to practice the foundation: preliminary practices, and studying the Dharma well to prepare for this.

Looks like it matches the talks that His Eminence has been talking about in his teachings on Youtube and what is being posted by his student.

I hope I will have the great fortune to encounter this teaching & practice in the future as it is such a powerful practice for this degenerate age.

"The Vajrayogini yoga method is extremely powerful. It is just what we need in these degenerate times, with our delusions running rampant and our minds grasping at concretized sense pleasures. Therefore, a method such as this, which has the wisdom to transform delusions, is of the utmost need, especially as it has the profound property of becoming more powerful as delusions becomes stronger."

jingang

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
Hi, I am new here in this forum.

I know of a Nyingmapa practice that practices a type of Chod with the Buddha Krodikali. I read before that in the Tantra '"Vast Expense of the sky of Dharmata" it was said that in Dharmadhatu, Sambhogakaya and Nirmakaya aspects, Yeshe Tsogyal is regarded as Kuntuzangmo, Vajra Yogini and Krodikali respectively. I am more confused now.

I would like to know that one, is Chod practice related to Vajra yogini? Two, is Krodikali Vajra yogini? Also, on the internet, many people have talked about the Hindu goddess Kali which has many similarities with Vajra Yogini. Are they the same?

triesa

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
Thank TK for the link to Tsem Rinpoche's blog. I got goosebumps just by looking at the stunning sacred Varjayogini statue adorned with glittering jewels.Her energy is so STRONG!

Tsem Rinpoche's explanataion on the preliminary practice to create the causes to receive the empowerment of Varja Yogini is  very clear and concise. I also read up that Varjayogini tantra is particularly effective at this degenerated age as she taps into all our deduled energies such as lust, desire, hatred, anger, ignorance and jealousy and transorm them into wisdom and compassion energy.

I make aspirational prayer from today onwards that I will collect enough merits to receive her empowerment in this lifetime.

Triesa.

a friend

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 05:05:20 AM »

Triesa,

With my heart I wish that your "aspirational prayers" come true very soon.
Not every Lama is giving the sacred VY Tantra. But every Lama of our lineage would agree that VY Tantra is the Tantra for our times. Extremely easy, compact, containing some special characteristics related to the two stages of Anuttarayogatantra ... I'm sorry that I cannot speak much because Tantra is secret until you get the empowerment.
There is an advice in Tsem Tulku's blog, about building our altar around holy blessed Mother Vajrayogini as the central figure ... this is very good advice, particularly if you want to have her as Yidam. This is no secret any more: that she was Lord Tsongkapa's Yidam ... hence all the commentary that Tsem Tulku gave about his qualities manifesting as her beautiful form.
If you really wish to receive her empowerment, follow as much as you can Tsem Tulku's advice, read carefully what TK's link says (what Tsem Rinpoche's disciples write down, repeating his words), and then start doing it.

Nowadays I know of our great Lama Yongyal Rinpoche, Serpom Abbot, residing in California, as the senior Lama giving Vajrayogini initiations. Also Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is leading an yearly Vajrayogini retreat, starting with the initiation, this year it starts on July 28 at TBI, in Vermont, USA. Should you wish to look into it, go to the Trijang Buddhist Institute website. www.tbiusa.org

Surely other Lamas exist that give this initiation, but I don't know about them.

Either this year or in the near future you can have your prayers come true. Go for it, this life of ours is a unique opportunity.

P.S.: I didn´t mention Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for the empowerment because I understood that he had taken his retreat ... please NKT friends, if this is not true, let us know.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:36:24 AM by a friend »

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »

Triesa,

Not every Lama is giving the sacred VY Tantra. But every Lama of our lineage would agree that VY Tantra is the Tantra for our times. Extremely easy, compact, containing some special characteristics related to the two stages of Anuttarayogatantra ... I'm sorry that I cannot speak much because Tantra is secret until you get the empowerment.
There is an advice in Tsem Tulku's blog, about building our altar around holy blessed Mother Vajrayogini as the central figure ... this is very good advice, particularly if you want to have her as Yidam. This is no secret any more: that she was Lord Tsongkapa's Yidam ... hence all the commentary that Tsem Tulku gave about his qualities manifesting as her beautiful form.
If you really wish to receive her empowerment, follow as much as you can Tsem Tulku's advice, read carefully what TK's link says (what Tsem Rinpoche's disciples write down, repeating his words), and then start doing it.

Nowadays I know of our great Lama Yongyal Rinpoche, Serpom Abbot, residing in California, as the senior Lama giving Vajrayogini initiations. Also Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is leading an yearly Vajrayogini retreat, starting with the initiation, this year it starts on July 28 at TBI, in Vermont, USA. Should you wish to look into it, go to the Trijang Buddhist Institute website. www.tbiusa.org

Surely other Lamas exist that give this initiation, but I don't know about them.

Either this year or in the near future you can have your prayers come true. Go for it, this life of ours is a unique opportunity.

P.S.: I didn´t mention Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for the empowerment because I understood that he had taken his retreat ... please NKT friends, if this is not true, let us know.

Dear a friend,

Your advice to Triesa is SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL, TOUCHING, WARM AND VERY CARING. I am so moved by your wonderful dharma advice. When you write in this way and encourage dharma in this way, you really take your role as Global Moderator on this forum all the way-----THANK YOU!!! This website and forum is so important for many and it's importance continues to grow and you represent us well.

Even more importantly, you really show deep down inside you are a practitioner. :)

Thank you for this type of blessed advice that has benefitted me also.

Much humility,

TK

crazycloud

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
Geshe Kelsang will almost certainly be giving the Heruka and Vajrayogini empowerments again, perhaps Summer 2011.

After that, Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong will be giving the HYT empowerments within our tradition.

best, cc

triesa

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »

Triesa,

Dear a Friend,

Thank you for taking time to let me know all the high lamas that will be giving Varjayogini empowerments. At the moment, I feel strongly inclined to begin my preliminary practices by following the advice from H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's blog on Vajrayogini. Why, because the steps are very straight forward and logical.

Infact, I have read over and over Tsem Rinpoche's blog, and I have in my heart taken him as my Guru even though I have not had a chance to meet him in person, but I have in cyber space. What I need to do next is to get a nice Vajrayogini statue. Then I will adorne her with nice jewels like the one on Tsem Rinpoche's blog.

I love her energy, I wonder where I could get a good quality statue of Vajrayogini?

Thanks.
Triesa

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »

What I need to do next is to get a nice Vajrayogini statue. Then I will adorne her with nice jewels like the one on Tsem Rinpoche's blog.

I love her energy, I wonder where I could get a good quality statue of Vajrayogini?

Thanks.
Triesa

Hi Triesa

I LOVE Vajrayogini statues.. this flying Vajrayogini is one of my favourites
http://kechara.com/eshop/gallery.php?id=21
but you can find a few more here
http://kechara.com/eshop/category.php?id=45

A few weeks ago, I ordered a Vajrayogini Latsok (http://kechara.com/eshop/goods.php?id=22) for my little altar. It was really precious to receive it!

We're so fortunate to be able to shop from the comfort of our own sofas!

Let me know which one you like.. I'm just curious :)

Love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

a friend

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:10 AM »

Congratulations for having chosen a Guru. This must be called the swift path?  :)  since the traditional one used to be to observe the behavior of your Guru candidate for twelve years !!!
For the statue WB's advice is good, since you are choosing Tsem Tulku then it seems logical to get a statue from his website. NKT also has statues, I don't know if they sell them on line. And in Nepal of course, you can get as many statues as you want, particularly if one of your acquaintances goes there.
I like the traditional ones (99% of the ones shown there are traditional) because that is the image that will be given to you when you start her sadhana.

While you wait for your statue you can print an image from the internet and put it inside a beautiful frame, if you want to start your altar on the swift path too ...

Good luck with the preliminaries!

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
Thank you TK and A Friend for what you have both shared in here as it further emphasized how rare and few lamas are giving these initiations..how much more we must create the causes to be able to receive these teachings and hold it sacred in our hearts till we breathe our last breath!

Reading this post is so refreshing, uplifting...

Thank you TK and A Friend for the advice and may Tsem Rinpoche's wish and works to benefit others quickly come to fruition.

yours humbly
DSFriend

triesa

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »

What I need to do next is to get a nice Vajrayogini statue. Then I will adorne her with nice jewels like the one on Tsem Rinpoche's blog.

Thanks.
Triesa

Hi Triesa

I LOVE Vajrayogini statues.. this flying Vajrayogini is one of my favourites
http://kechara.com/eshop/gallery.php?id=21
but you can find a few more here
http://kechara.com/eshop/category.php?id=45

A few weeks ago, I ordered a Vajrayogini Latsok (http://kechara.com/eshop/goods.php?id=22) for my little altar. It was really precious to receive it!

We're so fortunate to be able to shop from the comfort of our own sofas!

Let me know which one you like.. I'm just curious :)

Love
Kate

Dear Kate,

I love the flying varjayogini, it is rare to see her in this form? What does this form of flying posture signify?

Thanks
Triesa

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »

Dear Kate,

I love the flying varjayogini, it is rare to see her in this form? What does this form of flying posture signify?

Thanks
Triesa

Dear Triesa

Isn't she just so absolutely stunning.

I'm afraid I don't know that much about this flying Vajrayogini. I googled and read that there are three main representations - the most commonly recognised Naro Kacho (VY300.jpg below - the rest are self explanatory), Indra Vajrayogini and Maitri Vajrayogini, each named after the principal mahasiddha of the teaching lineage.

I did read awhile back in Lhakpa Gyaltshen's post (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=666.15;) that the flying Vajrayogini means "She's in the pose of FLYING OVER SAMSARA TOWARDS MAHAMUDRA EMPTINESS."

Hope that helps!

Love
Kate

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

a friend

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 04:27:51 AM »

WB,

All Vajrayoginis are beautiful. I'd like to have them all. Great that you put the Masters to whom each image belongs.
Our lineage transmits the Naro Kacho lineage of Vajrayogini.

wang

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »

Dear Kate,

Thanks
Triesa

I'm afraid I don't know that much about this flying Vajrayogini. I googled and read that there are three main representations - the most commonly recognised Naro Kacho (VY300.jpg below - the rest are self explanatory), Indra Vajrayogini and Maitri Vajrayogini, each named after the principal mahasiddha of the teaching lineage.

Hope that helps!

Love
Kate

Is there a higher resolution copy of picture VY300?  It is beautiful and looks be taken from a monastery...

thanks!