Author Topic: Removing curses and negativity  (Read 198250 times)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Removing curses and negativity
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 08:18:14 PM »
I agree with you harrynephew. Many people in Southeast Asia where I am based are often faced with these problems, and sadly, this is one of the reason why Tibetan Lamas are highly "sought after", apart from Thai monks, as they are known to be very effacacious in helping to remove black magic and curses. But I guess it's also a very good way for people to connect with Dharma after their encounter.

In my experience with my fellow practitioners, we're usually advised to do White Umbrella or Singdongma, which I have heard were very effective.

Thank you TK for sharing this and sharing with us the many practices that we can do.

lightning

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Black Manjushri mantra is also highly effective in removing curse and living corpses. Lion Face Dakini can re bonce the curses back to the caster, but do not chant more than 14 times.

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »
It might not be fair to label all witches, wizards and powerful mediums as cheats. They are sentient beings who may not have the karma to practice the Buddha Dharma exactly like mainstream Buddhist, but they can still cherish a desire to help sentient beings with whatever knowledge or powers that they may possess. The same can be said of the worldly spirits whom they invoke in their rituals.

They are all sentient beings like us who are trying to earn merit to the best of their abilities. Worldly spirits need to help others to accumulate merit in order to be reborn on a higher plane of existence, such as having a precious human life to practice the Dharma.

There are also some of them who are followers of Mahayana Buddhism or may have even received Vajrayana Empowerment from recognized masters, and they do use the attainments which they received from this practice in their day to day service to sentient beings who are facing problems.

They may not have the qualifications and skills of high Lamas, but their desire to help others is still praise
worthy.

Every skill or ability can be misused to do harm to sentient beings as long as the intention of the user is evil, this applies to everything else in life.

Just trying to see the good side of every sentient being, even though they may be very far from the blessing of Je Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden. I pray that they will all one day become Gelugpas!

Although we can sent back the effects of the spells cast upon us back to the caster, it does not put an end to the enmity that exist. It is better to find out why people want to treat us they way they do and try to resolve things peacefully in the long-run.

Until we have a clear picture of who is attacking us and reasons behind it, it is better to just neutralize their attacks and protect ourselves from further harm, rather than think of counter-attacking immediately.

bufan

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
WOW! Thank you so much TK for the excellence of the information and the excellence of its presentation!
Looking forward to much more...
Bufan

Helena

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »
THANK YOU, TK for taking the time to educate and share with us. This is one of the reasons why I truly appreciate this Forum and this website - it is for the wealth of information and the understanding that it nurtures. Not just empty intellectual words. These information are pertinent and most useful, if not helpful. I sincerely hope that those with high knowledge would use their knowledge towards the betterment of the rest and not towards the disparaging of the rest or anyone. THANK YOU!
Helena

DoubleDorje

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »
 :oThere are so many pujas that can removing curses, spells or black magic.

Here has a question, if we dun have a guru/lama now there are so many pujas that TK mentions so what if i don't have any guru/lama, how do i know which puja is suitable for me to practice ???

Please advise, thank you. ;)

a friend

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »

Double Dorje, our monasteries can perform pujas for you.
The ideal is to ask a Lama which pujas to perform and then request Serpom or Shar Ganden to do them for you.

Otherwise if you write to them directly (don't forget they have websites and Facebook, from any of them you can contact them) and ask them which pujas to perform. Most probably they are going to tell you, in which case you have to provide the necessary for the offerings. Just talk to them.

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 06:41:39 AM »
Hi Double Dorje,
I 'Heart of Wisdom' by Geshe Kelsang there is a practice explained for removing hindrances in conjunction with the heart sutra. It's a powerful and very nice practice.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 07:25:44 AM »
Black Manjushri mantra is also highly effective in removing curse and living corpses. Lion Face Dakini can re bonce the curses back to the caster, but do not chant more than 14 times.

As Buddhists, i don't think we should 'bounce' curses back to people. If someone sent a curse to us, his or her karma will ripen - and that fact should make us feel compassion for them because they will suffer. If we send curses back to harm the people who are harming us, the cycle will never end. We will get the karma of harming others, whether they deserve it or not, and we will suffer.

If we receive a curse, we must have created the cause for it. When we realise that, there is no one to blame but ourselves. Of course we should not blindly let others hurt us and think that it's our karma to receive the hurt. But i believe that the correct way to protect ourselves from our own karma is to quickly purify it - from practices given by our Gurus, our Dharma Protector practice, keeping good samaya with our Guru, doing our Dharma work well and benefiting others.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

lightning

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 05:27:59 AM »

As Buddhists, i don't think we should 'bounce' curses back to people. If someone sent a curse to us, his or her karma will ripen - and that fact should make us feel compassion for them because they will suffer. If we send curses back to harm the people who are harming us, the cycle will never end. We will get the karma of harming others, whether they deserve it or not, and we will suffer.

If we receive a curse, we must have created the cause for it. When we realise that, there is no one to blame but ourselves. Of course we should not blindly let others hurt us and think that it's our karma to receive the hurt. But i believe that the correct way to protect ourselves from our own karma is to quickly purify it - from practices given by our Gurus, our Dharma Protector practice, keeping good samaya with our Guru, doing our Dharma work well and benefiting others.

I understand by you mean but I am explaining what certain mantras can do and block like a shield. These mantras can protect the users from black magicians who harm us intentionally. i am sure no one would be foolish enough to be a"sitting duck" waiting for harm to come upon them, If the person does not cast any malicious spells at all, it won't bonce back to the caster. A knife has many purposes but it depends on the user's application and motivation.

Once there is a kid mentioned that the fish has created a cause to be fish by him due to the fish's past karma.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:19:07 AM by lightning »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »

I understand by you mean but I am explaining what certain mantras can do and block like a shield. These mantras can protect the users from black magicians who harm us intentionally. i am sure no one would be foolish enough to be a"sitting duck" waiting for harm to come upon them, If the person does not cast any malicious spells at all, it won't bonce back to the caster. A knife has many purposes but it depends on the user's application and motivation.

Once there is a kid mentioned that the fish has created a cause to be fish by him due to the fish's past karma.

i think that most mantras will protect - after all, mantras are the enlightened energy of the Buddhas as sound. i personally think that Dorje Shugden's mantra is most appropriate because he is the Dharma Protector for me (and most people who visit this site). Dorje Shugden's mantra won't bounce the black magic onto the caster - the caster's negative karma from sending black magic will bounce back to him, whether we are protected or not. So in the spirit of bodhicitta, we should not hope that the magic will harm the caster but feel compassion for him/her because they will bear the consequences.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Aside from the HYT armour, protection etc which has already been mentioned.....

In dealing with a curse, there is a practice known as the '3 Wrathfuls' (Vajrapani, Hayagriva, Garuda) which is reputed to overcome such harm.  A lama may perform this for you, or seek an empowerment.  I believe the FPMT use this sadhana.

Alternatively, the ultimate protection is Compassion.  If you are able to feel compassion for the beings involved in seeking to harm you, the mind becomes far too strong to be successfully attacked. Think in terms of taking and giving practice as well, if you are familiar with that. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:11:19 PM by Yeshe »
A compassionate mind cannot be penetrated by anger or attachment.

thaimonk

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »
Does anyone here know how to remove curses and negativity from places and objects? If our prayer beads,sadhanas and other ritual objects is being tainted by the touch of those who slander our Spiritual Guides, Deity or Dorje Shugden, is there anyway to cleanse them and restore their purity?

I will do a short explanation for you and hope it helps.

1. There is the general methods and Tantric methods. The Tantric methods I will not go what is beyond allowed.

You have to identify if you can where the curses or negativites are coming from.

For example if it is a lot of general talk, malicious talk or jealous talk towards you then a Sutra called Miga Tramdo can be recited by you or for you. That is especially for turning back the effects of speech from many that could hurt you. Speech can turn into something physical that interferes with you.

If it is a land god, or regional deity, then there's a short ritual you can do to make offerings to them as friend to friend in the Shugden Kangsol or lama chopa (tsok leftover) that can be extracted.

If you have offended a spirit, you may generate loving compassion or think good thoughts and apologize. Heart Sutra and refuge formula (Namo Guru Bey, Namo Buddhaya, Namo Dharmaya, Namo Sanghaya-no limit-one mala a day or more.) would be powerful antidotes if recited with deep conviction.

None of the recitations or rituals should be done with the intent to harm the land, god, ghost or whatever. It should be done with the altruistic wish for their liberation and planting seeds in the mindstream. Also to purify the karma you have to be able to recieve this type of harm at all.

For curses, spells or black magic that you are confirmed about, depending on the intensity the following pujas can be selected:

Sheningdodo (heart sutra WITH ritual)
Gyabshi (four hundred offerings)
Chasum
Kabardo
Dukkar
Dukkar dondo
Protector Puja
Dukkar Se Sum (Dukkar, Singdogma and Heart Sutra recitation)
Receiving Vajra Yogini or Yamantaka Kakko (short ritual done by lama to block interferences)

The above are just some to name a few. Consult a lama. There are more, but I am giving general ones. They can be done in any Gelug Monastery.

Personal recitations/prayers/mantras/sadhanas for repelling curses, spells and black magic can be any of the below or combination:

Reciting one's guru's personal name mantra
Singdongma Goddess
Ekazati Goddess
One's protector
Vajrapani
Black Manjushri
Hayagriva (Thamthing Samdrup)

If one has the higher annuttara tantric initiations  then:

Yamantaka or Vajra Yogini would be very powerful. To engage in their sadhana and focus on:

Soliciting the Lineage lamas and one's lama during the sadhana very important for the success of practice and dissolving.
Protection wheels
Protection deities/armour in the case of Vajra Yogini
Dissolution and emptiness of all phenomena in either generation or completion stages

Their sadhana/practice should not be engaged in to conquer demons, spirits, black magic, etc, but that would be a side benefit. One should engage in their sadhana with an altruistic motivation wishing to gain great bliss and wisdom (Detong Yermey).

Doing their sadhanas daily will be very powerful and effective protection.

One can also do. But not recommended as you need great skill, good samaya, strong concentration and also have 'accomplished' your deity (yidam):

Do one's meditational deity practice as per the sadhana, then generate the spirit as the deity you are doing, place the spirit as a deity in a pillar, or somthing stable in the house. Bless the pillar to generate it as a divine palace of the deity. Seal the pillar and to the auspicious verses.

Those are the various means I have explained in short and general terms. There are many variations depending on circumstances. The best is to consult a great practitioner, lama or the best one's own lama. You need not take what I have written and start doing it yourself. I have purposely omitted many details as I am sharing knowledge not writing instruction on how to do. I am letting you know in short what is available in short form.

Those with broken samaya/negative intent who 'contaminate' your objects there are a few methods of which any is fine:

Ask a lama to bless
Recite OM AH HUM 108x or more focussing on what you know on Emptiness. Then blow on the object contaminated.
Recite your guru's name mantra any amount, trust your teacher and bless.
Use the consecrated water from a Trusol ritual to wash the objects
Even your protector's mantra recitation focussing on altruism is fine.

Any of the above are fine.

If you are doing any of the Annutara tantric deities, then just before the recitation of their mantras in their sadhanas, they have a section to consecrate the mala. That would be very sufficient. In fact any of these practices/sadhanas will consecrate your environment, the objects within, the beings within and more importantly your mind. So hence everything is purified and blessed.

It is said that wherever there is a pure practitioner of Heruka Chakrasamvara/Vajra Yogini, by reciting their 8 line praises, the Dakas/Dakinis from the 24 holy-power spots will converge to bless the practitioner, the environment and all beings in that space immediately. It becomes a sacred environment to plant the seeds of enlightenment in the minds of those beings and visitors.

I wish you luck and speed in your practice always,

TK

This could be useful for many people.  :)

kurava

• Email
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »
Thanks TK for sharing with us the remedies to afflictions which normal medicine or treatment have no effect.

I know of a few friends who had asked for info regarding spirit possession and black magic. I will certainly post to them your article and instructions on what best to do.

I have personal experience of a fellow Dharma brother who had been possessed by spirits. The family tried all sorts of treatment for him - bomohs, mediums  etc  but all did not work. Sadly, he is now in a mental institution. Hopefully the info which  I’m going to pass to them may help.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »
I agree with what WisdomBeing said, that we shouldn't bounce back any spells or curses that has been inflicted upon us.

I remember reading that Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen (not sure if it's the right lineage lama, that this occurred to - do correct me if I'm wrong) was traveling with his entourage from one area to another. When they arrived at their destination, Tulku Dragpa Gyelten (TDG) went into his tent and asked everyone not to enter. From the outside of his tent, his students and followers could see bolts of lightning hitting the tent continuously, and when TDG walked out, he passed a box to one of his students and asked him to throw it away as far as possible. When his student threw it, the box landed and there was a huge explosion from all the energy from the lightening.

From TDG actions and practice, I think that it goes to show that Dorje Shugden's prayer would not bounce back any curses or black magic, but instead absorbed and removed.

That's my take of the story anyways.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Going back to what TK explained, I have a question: If you feel like there was something (spirit or the like) disturbing you and you immediately visualize your Guru in your mind whilst reciting your Guru's mantra, if that doesn't repel the spirit away - does that mean that your samaya is not clean?