Author Topic: Removing curses and negativity  (Read 198256 times)

Ratna Shugden

• Email
Removing curses and negativity
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
Does anyone here know how to remove curses and negativity from places and objects? If our prayer beads,sadhanas and other ritual objects is being tainted by the touch of those who slander our Spiritual Guides, Deity or Dorje Shugden, is there anyway to cleanse them and restore their purity?

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: Removing curses and negativity
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:13 PM »
Dear RatnaShugden,

I am busy right now, but I will write here some short methods in a short while.

My aged teacher said it is more than fine to write here because it is already all over the bookshelves of the world and to write with a good motivation.

TK

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
Well i can't wait for TK's reply on this one, i'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

I would have thought, blowing our Protectors Mantra on the item would be enough though.

:)

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »
Well i can't wait for TK's reply on this one, i'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

I would have thought, blowing our Protectors Mantra on the item would be enough though.

:)

I agree - tk's answer on oracles was pretty comprehensive!

I would've thought so too, but I think that it also depends on your samaya with your lama and Protector. If not, any Tom, Dick and Harry could perform exorcisms, remove curses and negativities...then where is the power of the mantra? Yes, the Protector's mantra is the verbal form of his essence but I think when recited by someone with clean samaya and vows, who understands the power of the words, it's more powerful than say...a 2 year old who doesn't see the difference between the mantra and reciting their alphabets.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
Dear RS,

I haven't forgotten. Just finding the time. Forgive me.

Thanks.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
Does anyone here know how to remove curses and negativity from places and objects? If our prayer beads,sadhanas and other ritual objects is being tainted by the touch of those who slander our Spiritual Guides, Deity or Dorje Shugden, is there anyway to cleanse them and restore their purity?

I will do a short explanation for you and hope it helps.

1. There is the general methods and Tantric methods. The Tantric methods I will not go what is beyond allowed.

You have to identify if you can where the curses or negativites are coming from.

For example if it is a lot of general talk, malicious talk or jealous talk towards you then a Sutra called Miga Tramdo can be recited by you or for you. That is especially for turning back the effects of speech from many that could hurt you. Speech can turn into something physical that interferes with you.

If it is a land god, or regional deity, then there's a short ritual you can do to make offerings to them as friend to friend in the Shugden Kangsol or lama chopa (tsok leftover) that can be extracted.

If you have offended a spirit, you may generate loving compassion or think good thoughts and apologize. Heart Sutra and refuge formula (Namo Guru Bey, Namo Buddhaya, Namo Dharmaya, Namo Sanghaya-no limit-one mala a day or more.) would be powerful antidotes if recited with deep conviction.

None of the recitations or rituals should be done with the intent to harm the land, god, ghost or whatever. It should be done with the altruistic wish for their liberation and planting seeds in the mindstream. Also to purify the karma you have to be able to recieve this type of harm at all.

For curses, spells or black magic that you are confirmed about, depending on the intensity the following pujas can be selected:

Sheningdodo (heart sutra WITH ritual)
Gyabshi (four hundred offerings)
Chasum
Kabardo
Dukkar
Dukkar dondo
Protector Puja
Dukkar Se Sum (Dukkar, Singdogma and Heart Sutra recitation)
Receiving Vajra Yogini or Yamantaka Kakko (short ritual done by lama to block interferences)

The above are just some to name a few. Consult a lama. There are more, but I am giving general ones. They can be done in any Gelug Monastery.

Personal recitations/prayers/mantras/sadhanas for repelling curses, spells and black magic can be any of the below or combination:

Reciting one's guru's personal name mantra
Singdongma Goddess
Ekazati Goddess
One's protector
Vajrapani
Black Manjushri
Hayagriva (Thamthing Samdrup)

If one has the higher annuttara tantric initiations  then:

Yamantaka or Vajra Yogini would be very powerful. To engage in their sadhana and focus on:

Soliciting the Lineage lamas and one's lama during the sadhana very important for the success of practice and dissolving.
Protection wheels
Protection deities/armour in the case of Vajra Yogini
Dissolution and emptiness of all phenomena in either generation or completion stages

Their sadhana/practice should not be engaged in to conquer demons, spirits, black magic, etc, but that would be a side benefit. One should engage in their sadhana with an altruistic motivation wishing to gain great bliss and wisdom (Detong Yermey).

Doing their sadhanas daily will be very powerful and effective protection.

One can also do. But not recommended as you need great skill, good samaya, strong concentration and also have 'accomplished' your deity (yidam):

Do one's meditational deity practice as per the sadhana, then generate the spirit as the deity you are doing, place the spirit as a deity in a pillar, or somthing stable in the house. Bless the pillar to generate it as a divine palace of the deity. Seal the pillar and to the auspicious verses.

Those are the various means I have explained in short and general terms. There are many variations depending on circumstances. The best is to consult a great practitioner, lama or the best one's own lama. You need not take what I have written and start doing it yourself. I have purposely omitted many details as I am sharing knowledge not writing instruction on how to do. I am letting you know in short what is available in short form.

Those with broken samaya/negative intent who 'contaminate' your objects there are a few methods of which any is fine:

Ask a lama to bless
Recite OM AH HUM 108x or more focussing on what you know on Emptiness. Then blow on the object contaminated.
Recite your guru's name mantra any amount, trust your teacher and bless.
Use the consecrated water from a Trusol ritual to wash the objects
Even your protector's mantra recitation focussing on altruism is fine.

Any of the above are fine.

If you are doing any of the Annutara tantric deities, then just before the recitation of their mantras in their sadhanas, they have a section to consecrate the mala. That would be very sufficient. In fact any of these practices/sadhanas will consecrate your environment, the objects within, the beings within and more importantly your mind. So hence everything is purified and blessed.

It is said that wherever there is a pure practitioner of Heruka Chakrasamvara/Vajra Yogini, by reciting their 8 line praises, the Dakas/Dakinis from the 24 holy-power spots will converge to bless the practitioner, the environment and all beings in that space immediately. It becomes a sacred environment to plant the seeds of enlightenment in the minds of those beings and visitors.

I wish you luck and speed in your practice always,

TK

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:04:16 PM by tk »

dsnowlion

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »
OMG!!!

Thank you TK for taking the time to share such a clear and concise information on how we can all protect ourselves and others! You really always add so much value to this forum and website and it really does help people, like me, who are not so scholarly.

I am sure a lot of my friends will really appreciate this information for many are troubled by it but just don't dare to say it or know how to deal with it!

Thank you RS for asking :)

With appreciation,
xdsnowlion

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »
Dear TK,

This is another precious piece of information that we rarely come across, thank you for sharing and we will put on main page of this website under "Dharma Readings" so that more people can have access to it, if you have no objection. Thank you once again.

Admin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:07:30 PM by Admin »

a friend

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »

Dear TK,

From my heart thank you for the generous, extensive, accurate and cautious explanation that will help any practitioner coming to this Forum.

Dear Administrator,

Would it be possible to pin it up there in the Forum? For many people skip the main page, and this is an information too precious to be ignored.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

Dear TK,

From my heart thank you for the generous, extensive, accurate and cautious explanation that will help any practitioner coming to this Forum.

Dear Administrator,

Would it be possible to pin it up there in the Forum? For many people skip the main page, and this is an information too precious to be ignored.

Dear A Friend,

With most humility, I checked with my Lama before writing all of this. It is acceptable.

Thank you.

TK

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »

Dear TK,

Dear Administrator,

Dear a friend, thank you for your compassionate request and generous suggestion, I comply.

Admin

WoselTenzin

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Dear TK,

Thank you for such comprehensive explanation on how to remove curses and negativity.  There are many people out there who are affected by such experiences but do not know what to do or know of a reliable source of help to turn to.  Many of these people more often than not out of desperation resort to consulting mediums who contact worldly gods and spirits that are unenlightened.  In most cases, they do not get their problems solved and sometimes end up in worse situation.

Having these information available online will help many people.  They may not participate in this forum but they may know people who do and lead them to it.  How wonderful many people will find relieve from such suffering.  Thank you again sharing such invaluable information.

a friend

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »

Dear TK,

Wosel Tenzin is exposing a most important point that has always hurt my heart: many good people end up going to very worldly magicians to solve their problems and they end up involved (even unknowingly) in animal sacrifice and other very unfortunate deeds that will bear terrible fruit for them in the future.

This is another reason, indeed, to thank you from my heart for helping people with your precious information.

By the way, would it be possible to publish (it's ok in Tibetan, we can do a translation) the Sutra that you mention?

Thank you again for your generosity.

icy

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 02:07:08 AM »
Thank goodness we still have TK to share such wonderful methods with us.  Not many workable methods are around today man!  Must record this down.  With much appreciation,

icy

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 02:31:13 AM »
I totally agree with many of you that in most Asian countries, witches, wizards and powerful mediums are sought after when people are faced with spirit difficulties and hardship pertaining to karma. Come to think of it, there has always been a demon-at-large with such dabblings whether in public or underground.

I know this for a fact in my trips to Bangkok whereby Buddhist teachings are mixed with local belief and magic which will 'appease' the minds of people and spirits abiding there. Even in commercialized countries such as Singapore, there are many stories of the local folk using black magic in order to secure a business or to make another business fall.

It is sad that even though Buddhism has entered these countries, such shamanistic practices are still prevaillant.

From TK's brief but concise explanation to what can be done, I am very relieved to know that there's a way out of this and it should be promoted by all of us Shugdenites in order to cause the teachings of Lama Je Tsongkhapa to flourish. It will help our minds and at the same time it will help people inflicted by these spirits, curses and harm.

I know for sure Shar Gaden and Serpom monasteries does such pujas and rituals for people. TK, if there's a channel for us to refer to the monastery regarding this, would u please share on who we can consult in the event there's no high lama around and how can we go about doing the pujas in the monasteries?

I also thought for a second if there is a possibility that Protector Dorje Shugden can be the central figure in all these and I am sure our daily protector practice can help avert such things from happening against us right?

please shed light.

thanks
H1N!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!