Author Topic: Divination methods of Dorje Shugden  (Read 179658 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Divination methods of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
Hey Tenzin,

How did your divination turn out?

I also had divination done when my mother was critically ill. Rinpoche prescribed a small puja in the monastery to be done by a couple of monks along with candle offerings and also 1million Tara mantras.

From a hopeless situation she came back from the brink. That was 7years ago and shes still going strong.

:)

Yes, it was amazingly accurate! By telling Rinpoche only my mothers name and location, without even describing her illness, Rinpoche told me exact details of some of the problems my mother has had with some of her medicine. Then I was given advice on what she can do to alleviate the problems she has had. I was also given advice on what practices I can do to help clear some of the obstacles as well.

It was an incredible experience.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
Wow, I cannot believe that I have totally missed out on reading this very precious post!

Amazingly kind that TK has shared so much valuable information on Dorje Shugden's Divinations in here. These should not be taken lightly at all.

I am completely blown away that TK has actually completed all of it in 3.5 months and is actually qualified to do divinations to help anyone who needs an extra confirmation from the Divine in order to calm their minds or assist them in making a very difficult decision during a challenging time.

Reading this has truly inspired me in so many ways.

May I have the great sacred opportunity to serve and benefit others in the same way.

Personally, I rejoice that there are so many available methods out there to help all sentient beings.

Because every individual is so different and require different ways. How kind of the Buddhas and Enlightened Beings to create the various ways for us all so that no one is left behind or left out.

Again, I truly rejoice for you, TK and congratulate you in going beyond what any normal human being would do.

May I be able to do the same one day soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share all this very important information.

Thank you for giving up your own time in order to train yourself in the first place.

Thank you for caring enough to share your knowledge and experiences with the rest of us.

I, for one, have always enjoyed reading your posts and found them most meaningful/helpful.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »

Dorje Shugden Divinations:

1.) There are two current text on divination in use and circulation. His Eminence Kyabje Dagom Dorje Chang composed one text and Dorje Shugden Himself took trance and composed the original one. They are both highly accurate on the hundreds of occasions divination was consulted to Dagom Rinpoche by my associates/friends/dharma students.

2.) When Dorje Shugden took trance of the previous Choyang Dulzin Kuten, he was in trance for over two hours. Dorje Shugden gave the direct lineage, oral transmission, and explanation of this text. In other words, he composed on the spot this sacred text. Amazing as Shugden gave transmission on his own text he composed on the spot. Start of a lineage.  It was compiled by the then secretary in audience with Dorje Shugden in his peaceful form as Dulzin. If I am not mistaken, the secretary is the current abbot of Shar Gaden, the Most Venerable Geshe Lobsang Pende-lak. I am referring to the Dorje Shugden composed text below.

3.) It's broken down into 6 basic sections with subsections and Intro's advice:

A. Intro advice

B. The six basic sections are for the 6 faces of the dice. Depending which side the dice falls, each side is broken down into approximately 10 subsections. Each Subsection gives details of results, to engage in a certain action being asked or to avoid or otherwise, pujas, remedial solutions, etc.

10 subsections that the questions are divided into:

Dharma Activity
visitors/friends
House & Place
Success
Legal Actions
Sickness
Life Span
Spirits
Medical Treatments
Travelling Wealth & Resource

4.) In order to engage in this profound practice of Divination relying on the infallible Dorje Shugden, it is highly recommended:

a. Recieve the empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma), engage in formal retreat with minimum of 100,000 migtseymas. No fire puja.

b. Recieve the initiation of Yamantaka, solitary or 13-Deity is fine, engage in the retreat. Minimum 400,000 main mantra, and 40,000 other three mantras each. Seal with a sacred Fire Puja.

c. Recieve Sogtae (life entrustment) of Dorje Shugden, engage in a extended retreat at least 1,000,000 (one million minimum) main mantra and secondary mantry 100,000 is ok. Seal with a sacred Dorje Shugden Fire puja.

5.) Then upon finishing retreat, request one's lama permission to start the divinations and can get one's divination dice consecrated by one's lama.

Of course one's does not engage in such sacred retreats with the motivation JUST TO DO DIVINATIONS. That would be a 'waste'. One should do with the highest of motivations as in Lam Rim Prayers or King of Prayers. The side benefit would be the ability to divine the future for situations beyond logical thinking or a logical course of action.

6.) When one has finished the retreat, recieved the permission of one's lama, then everyday prior to divination, one is to recite Hung Rang Nyi Yidam, etc. 3x, offer serkym and with a good motivation one may recieve questions and proceed to divine to help others.

This is a short run down of the details, requirements and procedures behind the highly accurate divination method of the Enlightened Dorje Shugden.

TK

Helena

DharmaDefender

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
Of course one's does not engage in such sacred retreats with the motivation JUST TO DO DIVINATIONS. That would be a 'waste'. One should do with the highest of motivations as in Lam Rim Prayers or King of Prayers. The side benefit would be the ability to divine the future for situations beyond logical thinking or a logical course of action.

All these practices, including things like controlling your rebirth, controlling spirits, etc are just the side benefits I think. I think the best benefit of all is being happy, and being able to bring happiness to others.

While I appreciate TK's post on divinations because it clears up misconceptions, I've also read that if you have full faith in your lama, then the best divination is actually their instructions, kind of like what beggar said. I think it's because we create our own suffering and our lama's instructions are aimed at cutting the habits that create the suffering for us...when we don't create our own suffering any more, is there a need for divinations?

That's not saying I've never requested for them (divinations I mean) ;D

Rihanna

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »
Since I rely on Dorje Shugden as my main Dharma Protector, it is natural to me that should I ever need to do divination to help me make a difficult decision, I will want to consult Shugden as my first choice, instead of turning to other sources. When I want to make a decision, I will do my best to consider every possible factor and look at the issue from other angles.

Divination to me, is a nice finishing touch, especially if the answer is from Dorje Shugden Himself.

I believe the many requirements of this practice is also a test of sincerity; if you desire this practice strong enough, you will want to meet every requirement in the shortest possible time.

RatnaShugden, surely you'd want to consult your guru first, after having exhausted all perspectives on the issue - after all, if your faith is rock solid, your guru's advice should be as good as a divination ;) don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your faith! Perhaps you're practising real devotion, and not wanting to bring secular matters to your guru - I don't know!

I can tell you have faith in the Protector though. I've been taught that a student's faith will help to give them a clearer divination result. My guru has said that if a student has great faith in the Protector, and has great faith in the lama doing the divination, and has a history of following divination results to the T, then the result will be clear. Otherwise, it will be shaky, a little vague etc - I guess it reflects the student's samaya with their guru and Protector.

Yes RatnaShugden, what you wrote is true about the need to have faith in one's guru in order for the divination to come out clear. I have seen Lamas do divination before using moh. There were several occasions Lamas had to throw the dice many many times with full concentration yet the dice still lands on different sides resulting in different answers. The Lama explained that in such cases, its either the lack of faith from the part of the person seeking the divination or advices given to them from previous divinations were not carried out. Its baffling why one seeks divination under such circumstances!

happysun

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
Do you believe it, even divination also need sincere, pure guru devotion and samaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't blame your divination result not ideal but think about why??? May be because you not sincere enough or always not enough trust to your lama.......

Think before you want to do the divination!!!   

valeriecheung

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »
I can't wait to sure this with friends tomorrow so reliable and safe . I'm sure still have many people don't know about this .

Barzin

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
This is rather interesting and very informative.  Thankyou!  I always asume that perhaps the protector would whisper and show signs or visions for divination results...  Pardon my  ignorant.  This is really eye opening and solve a lot of queries about divination.  What a supreme blessing that Dorje Shugden took trance for 2 long hours to compile this text to benefit so so many til this date.  I bet some who asked for divination didn't even know it's shugden sometimes...    So many people benefited from it....  Just so many...

valeriecheung

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2011, 04:25:38 PM »
I also believe if one to have oppotunity to request divinision also need some merit.

nagaseeker

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
Do you believe it, even divination also need sincere, pure guru devotion and samaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't blame your divination result not ideal but think about why??? May be because you not sincere enough or always not enough trust to your lama.......

Think before you want to do the divination!!!   

couldn't agreed more , in fact ...don't bother to think about divination if one does'n have the faith,trust n devotion to your lama.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:15 PM »
@nagaseeker : yes, why bother to seek divination if you are not prepared to follow the instructions to the "t"!
The results may not be the "answer" that you want, but nevertheless once the divination is done, you must
follow every instruction without fail.

happysun

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Few days ago, one of my friend called me up....this lady is freethinker and have a wrong view of DS. She told me can she help her friend who just diagnosed brain cancer??? Can she asked for divination from high lama?? I asked her, do she believed on divination? She cannot answer this simple question...

As a friend, I told her in traditional of Tibetan Buddhism, someone searching for divination advice, firstly must have very strong guru devotion or strong belief in Buddhism. She still cannot my question...finally I told her, if herself cannot truly believe to a high lama how you can ask help from them? She keep quiet for a moment. After think about herself don't have enough guru devotion and the faith towards a high lama so I choose let's her alone awhile.

My point shared with you guys this story, I always laughing alone, YES every one of us need to change, stay a dharma centre and not going to talking around. Through above short story, may be move him a lot. Divination result always included how strong your trust to you Lama and how pure your motivation are. So, let's us work hard on it.

ratanasutra

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
Divination is one of the method to help people who need help ie people who sick but dr. could not diagnose what wrong with that person..  Divination give you direction so that you know how to solve with problems you are facing.

Since divination can  help people so people must believe and follow exactly then will get a result.
There is no point to ask for divination if the person do not believe because when the person get an answer, theen they will not follow, or follow but not all.

i have witness with my own eyes for people who follow divination and got result and people who not follow all the way and not get the result.

Have faith  and follow all the way is the key to have result from divination..

Roberto

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
Hey Tenzin,

I also had divination done when my mother was critically ill. Rinpoche prescribed a small puja in the monastery to be done by a couple of monks along with candle offerings and also 1million Tara mantras.

From a hopeless situation she came back from the brink. That was 7years ago and shes still going strong.

Yes, it was amazingly accurate! By telling Rinpoche only my mothers name and location, without even describing her illness, Rinpoche told me exact details of some of the problems my mother has had with some of her medicine. Then I was given advice on what she can do to alleviate the problems she has had. I was also given advice on what practices I can do to help clear some of the obstacles as well.

How is your mother doing now Tenzin? Are you still following the advice of Rinpoche.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Hey Tenzin,

How is your mother doing now Tenzin? Are you still following the advice of Rinpoche.

Thank you for asking!! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I didn't see this post until today.

My mother is fine. Her cancer is in remission and she is getting stronger week by week.
Her hair has grown back and she has even started to work again part time.

I still see the Rinpoche who gave me the initial advice. His advice is something I have 100% confidence in. Nothing he has ever said has led me astray. I still do the practices he gave me and will continue until he thinks there is no longer a need.

This particular Rinpoche is very well known here at Shar Gaden, yet he is one of the most humble monks I have ever met. If I need to speak with him, he always makes time to answer my questions. We are very lucky indeed to have such a high Lama be so approachable here.

icy

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2011, 01:19:51 AM »
Now that we know divination is not a dying art and that it is alive and kicking, well preserved in its tradition.  We also know that there are methods to practice to make one accurate in divination but now who to go to receive such practices.