About Dorje Shugden > General Discussion

Divination methods of Dorje Shugden

(1/21) > >>

Ratna Shugden:
The great protectoress, Palden Lhamo's dice divination is quite well-known. I heard that there are also divination methods by Dorje Shugden, but I could find any documents relating to this. Does anyone have any information on this? I seems good to be able to have the means to seek Dorje Shugden's advice, especially on difficult issues.

thor:

--- Quote from: RatnaShugden on June 09, 2010, 01:08:06 PM ---The great protectoress, Palden Lhamo's dice divination is quite well-known. I heard that there are also divination methods by Dorje Shugden, but I could find any documents relating to this. Does anyone have any information on this? I seems good to be able to have the means to seek Dorje Shugden's advice, especially on difficult issues.

--- End quote ---

Do you wish for the documents in order to learn how to perform Dorje Shugden's dice divination? One has to do extensive retreats and have the blessings of the lama before being able to seek Dorje Shugden's clairvoyant advice thru divination.

I can imagine, in stores around the world, Dorje Shugden divination kits - just like how people can just pick up a set of tarot cards and 'foretell' the future. Scary.

WisdomBeing:
Yes, i heard that it's not so simple to do divination. One must be a qualified person, specially trained, take certain vows etc. This is because when the diviner (is there another word?) requests for assistance from the higher Beings, he or she must know WHO they are propitiating. There are spirits who masquerade as enlightened Beings and if we are not qualified, we will not be able to tell the difference and this may cause more harm than good.

As they always say - do not try this at home! :)

LosangKhyentse:

Dorje Shugden Divinations:

1.) There are two current text on divination in use and circulation. His Eminence Kyabje Dagom Dorje Chang composed one text and Dorje Shugden Himself took trance and composed the original one. They are both highly accurate on the hundreds of occasions divination was consulted to Dagom Rinpoche by my associates/friends/dharma students.

2.) When Dorje Shugden took trance of the previous Choyang Dulzin Kuten, he was in trance for over two hours. Dorje Shugden gave the direct lineage, oral transmission, and explanation of this text. In other words, he composed on the spot this sacred text. Amazing as Shugden gave transmission on his own text he composed on the spot. Start of a lineage.  It was compiled by the then secretary in audience with Dorje Shugden in his peaceful form as Dulzin. If I am not mistaken, the secretary is the current abbot of Shar Gaden, the Most Venerable Geshe Lobsang Pende-lak. I am referring to the Dorje Shugden composed text below.

3.) It's broken down into 6 basic sections with subsections and Intro's advice:

A. Intro advice

B. The six basic sections are for the 6 faces of the dice. Depending which side the dice falls, each side is broken down into approximately 10 subsections. Each Subsection gives details of results, to engage in a certain action being asked or to avoid or otherwise, pujas, remedial solutions, etc.

10 subsections that the questions are divided into:

Dharma Activity
visitors/friends
House & Place
Success
Legal Actions
Sickness
Life Span
Spirits
Medical Treatments
Travelling Wealth & Resource

4.) In order to engage in this profound practice of Divination relying on the infallible Dorje Shugden, it is highly recommended:

a. Recieve the empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma), engage in formal retreat with minimum of 100,000 migtseymas. No fire puja.

b. Recieve the initiation of Yamantaka, solitary or 13-Deity is fine, engage in the retreat. Minimum 400,000 main mantra, and 40,000 other three mantras each. Seal with a sacred Fire Puja.

c. Recieve Sogtae (life entrustment) of Dorje Shugden, engage in a extended retreat at least 1,000,000 (one million minimum) main mantra and secondary mantry 100,000 is ok. Seal with a sacred Dorje Shugden Fire puja.

5.) Then upon finishing retreat, request one's lama permission to start the divinations and can get one's divination dice consecrated by one's lama.

Of course one's does not engage in such sacred retreats with the motivation JUST TO DO DIVINATIONS. That would be a 'waste'. One should do with the highest of motivations as in Lam Rim Prayers or King of Prayers. The side benefit would be the ability to divine the future for situations beyond logical thinking or a logical course of action.

6.) When one has finished the retreat, recieved the permission of one's lama, then everyday prior to divination, one is to recite Hung Rang Nyi Yidam, etc. 3x, offer serkym and with a good motivation one may recieve questions and proceed to divine to help others.

This is a short run down of the details, requirements and procedures behind the highly accurate divination method of the Enlightened Dorje Shugden.

TK

Ratna Shugden:
Thank You TK you have 101% answered by questions! I hope that in every lifetime I can purely complete all the requirements as listed in the text by Dorje Shugden himself. As a Dorje Shugden practitioner, it is my wish that this tradition of Dorje Shugden's Divination will be preserved forever, even if it is only reserved for very high lamas.

I feel that great teachers of our present time who can do this divination, so make it know to the Shugdenpa circle, to bring this tradition back to prominence. The current situation looks like this practice is dying out, which isn't good.

Till then, whenever I have any problems which I can't solved by myself, I shall recite the Heart Jewel and Dorje Shugden's mantras sincerely and pray for His guidance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version