Author Topic: Kopan Monks Divided  (Read 25374 times)

DSFriend

Re: Kopan Monks Divided
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 06:30:45 PM »
From reading TK's post of the potential future of FPMT and what is happening now to kopan, what can be done to mend the broken samaya and the negativity from schism?  Lama Yeshe is so compassionate to incarnate back and to "allow" himself to be found. He is definitely will benefit others, but will the thousands of FPMT be involved or miss out.. I do hope it will not be too late. What will happen when Lama Zopa passes on (i do hope he live a long life)

honeydakini

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »
From reading TK's post of the potential future of FPMT and what is happening now to kopan, what can be done to mend the broken samaya and the negativity from schism?  Lama Yeshe is so compassionate to incarnate back and to "allow" himself to be found. He is definitely will benefit others, but will the thousands of FPMT be involved or miss out.. I do hope it will not be too late. What will happen when Lama Zopa passes on (i do hope he live a long life)

That's an interesting point... i.e how to retract and go back to mend the samaya?

As an eternal optimist, I'd like to believe that the kopan monks and even Lama Zopa himself are continuing their Dharmapala practice but secretly. From the statements they have made regarding DS, it doesn't seem that they are openly putting down, criticising or negating the practice but rather taking the stance that they wish to respect the Dalai Lama's orders at this time. In this way, I believe that perhaps this is what is needed for kopan and their organisation at this time - perhaps even Lama Yeshe (Lama Osel) is manifesting distance for a reason at this time... but that it may clear and all will come to light again as the ban lessens.

Like i said... eternal optimist...   :D

Big Uncle

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »
I think we should deliberate so much about Kopan because I am sure Lama Zopa or other monks there are weighting things in their minds about the issues. They would probably be thinking about the best course of action and I am sure their leaders would be doing their best to resolve the differences. But if it was me, I would think that the monastery would definitely need to remedy the immediate differences and go on a massive campaign to bring harmony towards others to offset the negative karma. However, the best way would be to repair it with the Protector and seize any negative activities against Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 07:12:37 AM »
Buddhism always teaches Harmony, so is the worship of Dorje Shugden a disruption to Harmony in FMPT?

From my reading and understanding of the comments on this article, the whole issue seem to be whether the Kopan monks will support the Dalai Lama's wishes rather then that of their founder Lama Yeshe.Given that Lama Zopa did not speak against worship of Dorje Shugden.

It is then concluded that it is the Ban that is divisive and not the worship of DS.

The incarnation of Lama Yeshe is recognised but he has not returned to the reigns of FMPT?  Why it is so?