Author Topic: Empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)  (Read 24156 times)

lightning

Re: Empowerment of Tsongkapa (Je Tse Zin Ma)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
I received this initiation from Kundeling Rinpoche and he tells us that Je Tze Jin Ma was a form of Tsongkhapa revealed to one of the previous incarnations of Dagom Rinpoche; therefore, this practice is very close and special to Dagom Rinpoche and his students.

Apart from the mantra, (om ah guru sumati kirti aparamita ayurjnana siddhi hum hum), there is also a special form of Migtsema associated:

Mig me tze wai ter chen chen re zig
dri me khyen pai wang po jam pel yang
du min tze wai jom dze tze pag mey
gang chen kay pay tsug gyen tsong kha pa
lo zang drag pay shab la sol wa deb.

Basically, the supplication switches out the line about Vajrapani, and extols Tsongkhapa as the essence of Amitayus, or Tze pag mey. 

I may see Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche this week or next, I will request Rinpoche to give more explanation on Je Tze Jin Ma and report back.
There is a very long mantra and it is very melodious. Are you able to provide more info. Thanks in advance.

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »
I THINK the long mantra is simply the Mantra of Amitayus but with the "aparamita ayurjnana" substituted with "Guru sumati kirti aparamita ayurjnana"... Let me check my text and I'll get back to you.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:18:52 AM »
Here's another picture a friend sent to me when I asked him about it.

Perhaps you can ask the monks in Shar Gaden about this empowerment, Losang Tenpa. You are surrounded by Sangha and many wonderful teachers. Is there a language barrier? Did you mention a long time ago that you spoke Tibetan?

There's this video about the Long Life Empowerment by Lama Jampa Ngodup. I don't know if it will help but do have a look http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10641

I also found this online at http://jetsongkhapa.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/hello-world/:

Je Tsongkhapa Long Life Migtsema

November 3, 2009 by jrip6

MIG-MEY TZE-WEY TER-CHEN CHENREZIG

DRI-MEY KHYEN-PI WANG-PO JAMPAL YANG

DU-MEY CHI-WA JOONGSEY ZEPAKMAY

DU-PUNG MA-LU JOM-DZEY SANG-WEY DAG

GANG-CHEN KE-PEY TSUG-GYEN TSONGKHAPA

LO-SANG TRAG-PEY SHAB-LA SOL-WA DEB

Je Tsongkhapa Long Life Mantra

OM AH GURU SUMATI KIRTI APARAMEDA AYU JANA SIDDHI HUNG HUNG

Je Tsongkhapa Short Mantra

OM AH RA BA TSA NA DHI

Je Tsongkhapa Heart Mantra

OM AH GURU BENZA DHARA SUMATI KIRTI SIDDHI HUNG HUNG
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
Dear Lightning,
The thangka you shared is awesome, really nice.

Who are the figures directly below of Je Tze Tzin Ma? Is the one right below Je Tze Tzin Ma, is that Lama Atisha right below Je Tze Tzin Ma?

Thanks ChoDorje to ask Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche and share the information with all of us :) .

thaimonk

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »

I learned from the posts here.

Everyone is so nice. They take the time to provide so much information. Looks like this is the appropriate forum to ask questions of this nature.   :) :D

Thanks everyone.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »

I learned from the posts here.

Everyone is so nice. They take the time to provide so much information. Looks like this is the appropriate forum to ask questions of this nature.   :) :D

Thanks everyone.

I am still waiting to here more if possible. I am very grateful for the posts so far, but many of my original questions remain. I also posted this in another forum because 2 of the members of the other forum are very good at questions like this.

Nice to hear that you visit the other forum as well.  :)

Big Uncle

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »
I received this initiation from Kundeling Rinpoche and he tells us that Je Tze Jin Ma was a form of Tsongkhapa revealed to one of the previous incarnations of Dagom Rinpoche; therefore, this practice is very close and special to Dagom Rinpoche and his students.

Apart from the mantra, (om ah guru sumati kirti aparamita ayurjnana siddhi hum hum), there is also a special form of Migtsema associated:

Mig me tze wai ter chen chen re zig
dri me khyen pai wang po jam pel yang
du min tze wai jom dze tze pag mey
gang chen kay pay tsug gyen tsong kha pa
lo zang drag pay shab la sol wa deb.

Basically, the supplication switches out the line about Vajrapani, and extols Tsongkhapa as the essence of Amitayus, or Tze pag mey. 

I may see Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche this week or next, I will request Rinpoche to give more explanation on Je Tze Jin Ma and report back.

I have a fascination with Je Tse Zin Ma for a long time but didn't know much about it. Quite a few Gelug monasteries and centers have huge images of him like Kopan Monastery. I used to think it was Lama Tsongkhapa merged with Lord Amitayus but didn't more than that. Thank you.

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
Dear All-

Yesterday, I had dinner and offered Lama Chopa tsog with my lama of incomparable kindness, Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche. I had presented him the questions from this thread about Je Tze Zin Ma (Long Life Tsongkhapa).

1.  The empowerment given at the Serpom opening festivities was indeed a tse-wang, or long life empowerment. There are no commitments or practices attached to this empowerment (although, there indeed is a sadhana that one can engage in).

2.  Je Tze Zin Ma was revealed to one of the previous incarnations of Dagom Rinpoche while he was reciting the Migtsema Prayer.  Je Tsongkhapa had appeared to him and said to him that he should engage and supplicate Je Tsongkhapa in the long life form.

Then I went off on a tangent to ask him what is the difference between the jenang and wang/wangchen since you could self-generate as the deity in both, and Rinpoche proceeded to give a lengthy explanation.

If there are any further questions, please let me know ASAP.  I may be seeing Rinpoche again in a few days. Thanks

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »
Dear ChoDorje

Thank you for looking into this and asking your Guru for advice and sharing it on this forum.

I thought that all empowerments have commitments. If there are no commitments, is it just a blessing? Or is it a ‘proper’ empowerment – forgive my ignorance? I find it hard to believe that there is not even a compulsory sadhana and only an optional one! Are there other empowerments which do not have commitments or sadhana? I am just curious!

Many thanks,
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:05 AM »
Hi- I don't want to put words in my Guru's mouth, so the following is just from my experience:

I believe in terms of blessings (jenang) and initiations (wang), the issue of commitments and sadhana practices depends on the guru.  Traditionally, most jenangs do not have commitments in terms of a daily practice. They are just a blessing of the deity in order to establish a relationship. However, for wangs, there are usually commitments and practices.  However, this again depends on the guru as well.  Based on what I have heard from other teachers, when you receive the initiation AND oral commentary on the practice, you are then obliged to do the practice. This again, depends on the Lama.

Big Uncle

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 04:22:09 AM »
Hi- I don't want to put words in my Guru's mouth, so the following is just from my experience:

I believe in terms of blessings (jenang) and initiations (wang), the issue of commitments and sadhana practices depends on the guru.  Traditionally, most jenangs do not have commitments in terms of a daily practice. They are just a blessing of the deity in order to establish a relationship. However, for wangs, there are usually commitments and practices.  However, this again depends on the guru as well.  Based on what I have heard from other teachers, when you receive the initiation AND oral commentary on the practice, you are then obliged to do the practice. This again, depends on the Lama.

Thank you. But I am still confused and is it perhaps related to the 4 classes of Tantra and that depends on the nature of the deity and the sadhana and which class of Tantra it belows? I used to think Jenangs were given on the basis that the deity was of the lower Tantras and Wang was given on the basis of the Higher Tantras. But I think I am mistaken with this thinking. What do you think?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »
2.  Je Tze Zin Ma was revealed to one of the previous incarnations of Dagom Rinpoche while he was reciting the Migtsema Prayer.  Je Tsongkhapa had appeared to him and said to him that he should engage and supplicate Je Tsongkhapa in the long life form.

The above was from Cho Dorje.

Just like to found out more do normally monasteries have Lama Tsongkhapa with the teaching mudra or the current trend points to building Lama Tsongkhapa in long life form?  Is this the current trend in Gelug monasteries? Or it is under the clear instructions from Kyabjye Dagom Rinpoche and his students? Could it be due to prevailing conditions that in the future due to human activities who have damaged the earth and environment people will have shorter life spans?

As the practise of lama Tsongkhapa already opposes ignorance and shortness of life which are the two main obstacles to doing spiritual and dharma practise. Would be awesome if any learned person can share a bit more.

Je Tse-zin ma Long Life Initiation: This
long life initiation was composed by the previous   r e inc a rna t ion of  Kyabj e  Dagom
Rinpoche. In his former reincarnation, he
received this initiation from a direct vision
of Je Tsongkhapa in Amitayus Buddha form.
Therefore, this initiation has a very close and
special connection to him and our lineage.
The blessing of this initiation helps prolong
our lives, thus enabling us to continue our
dharma practice for the sake of all beings

I got the above from a DGTL newsletter
http://www.dgtlmonastery.org/Portals/0/Newsletters/Fall%202005%20Garuda.pdf

DharmaSpace

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
Divination Practise that has Je Tze Zin Ma in it
http://dorjeshugden.net/wp/?p=3906

Seems like this tradition to prepare a person for Dorje Shugden divination practise has Je Tze Zin Ma initiation in it as well.  Interesting!

Lesterado

• Email
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 05:32:21 AM »
Hi all, I am interested to know more about Long Life Tsongkhapa, especially his relationship to Amitayus Buddha and Sukhavati. Does anyone has more to share, such as his sadhana and significance? Where can I find his painting and statues? I am interested in his form below. Thanks a million!