Author Topic: NEWS: Dalai Lama owns a vineyard in Switzerland  (Read 8780 times)

thaimonk

NEWS: Dalai Lama owns a vineyard in Switzerland
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:54:17 PM »
According to this (German) video, His Holiness owns a vineyard in Switzerland:

Description: Das Oberhaupt der Tibeter lebt streng abstinent. Trotzdem besitzt der Dalai Lama einen eigenen Weinberg in der Schweiz. Verschiedene Berühmtheiten wie Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter und Zinedine Zidane haben seinen Rebberg schon besucht.

Translation: The head of the Tibetans lives strictly abstinent. Nevertheless, the Dalai Lama has its own vineyard in Switzerland. Various celebrities such as Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter and Zinedine Zidane have already visited his vineyard.

aboutthetruth

Re: NEWS: Dalai Lama owns a vineyard in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:04:22 AM »
Very disturbing revelations. I wonder what the karma is like for making money from alcohol as it is promoting drinking to others. What other shady businesses does the Dalai Lama own?

And to be honest is this even right livelihood, a monk owning a business that’s making and selling alcohol?

I can’t believe he can do this and people can’t practise Dorje Shugden which hurts no one.

thaimonk

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 07:46:50 AM »
Dalai Lama is a very wealthy person. The Tibetans know this. He is funded by wealthy sponsors, sales of books, speaking engagements, donations and so much more. He  has never had any financial problems. His finances continue to grow.

Rowntree

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
Hello? Is this like offering a golden drink or something? The Dalai Lama uses the vine to make the offering to Palden Lhamo and Nechung? It must be a lot of golden drink that the Dalai Lama has to do so he decided to buy a vineyard for that.

He is the king, he can own anything even a vineyard. But as a monk, he is not allowed to have anything to do with alcohol. If it is for sale, then it is worst because it would mean that the monk is intoxicating others. How come this is allowed? Is it because he is the King of Tibet but he is also a monk!

It is disturbing to find out how some of the Dalai Lama's wealth is accumulated.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »
The Dalai Lama, own the vineyard in Switzerland and It consists of only three vines and has an area of 1.67 meters squared. He recieved this vine in 1999 as a gift from Abbé Pierre, who was a French Catholic priest. Growing Pinot Noir and Chasselas, each year 1,000 bottles of wine are produced, blended from grapes sourced from other vineyards, and sold at auction to raise around $35,000.

I am speechless.... teaching moral ethic but sell wine behind

Drolma

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 01:29:49 AM »
This is shocking to know the Dalai Lama owns a vineyard in Switzerland. Perhaps it is an offering from the sponsor but still, it is not fine to own a business that will create harm to people. If someone is going to offer a nightclub to the Dalai Lama, must he accept it?

In the case of the vineyard, if the Dalai Lama has accepted it, I think he should convert the business into something else. For example, turn it into a break and breakfast, turn the wine business into a vinegar business, etc. He could easily stop the production of wine but why didn't he?

Is it possible that the Dalai Lama didn't know much about this vineyard and his assistants did not do a good job in managing the situation? Just like how he was made to endorse the American cult leaders? There are more negative news about the Dalai Lama nowadays than good ones, but the CTA is not doing anything about it, why?

Alex

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »
I am guessing that this vineyard must be an offering from one of his wealthy sponsors. There is no reason for him to get a vineyard himself because he is already a very WEALTHY person. Imagined that his wealth is accumulated over 14 lifetimes. However, it was mentioned that the vineyard is actually producing wine and making business.

An ordained person should not be involved in anything related to intoxicants. His Holiness the Dalai Lama is a pure monk and so I do not think that he would approve such activities to be done. It is naturally against the vows that he took. Hence, I am guessing that it is CTA who is doing all these nasty things behind His Holiness's back.

CTA is a bunch of money hungry politicians that can do anything just to fill their pockets. If they can intentionally plot to make their people burn themselves to death just to get more attention from the west for monetary gain, I am sure that they can pull out such a stunt behind Dalai Lama's back. They have no conscience and probably will not even take His Holiness's vows and his commitment into consideration because money is far more superior than anything else.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
Bottoms up!

;D

dsnowlion

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 02:13:10 AM »
Oh my Buddha!!!

This is UNBELIEVABLE ---- WHATTTTT? The Dalai Lama own a vineyard? Even if he uses the wine for Serkym daily, why would you need to a vineyard for this?  Even though like what christine V says that it only "consists of only three vines and has an area of 1.67 meters squared. He received this vine in 1999 as a gift from Abbé Pierre, who was a French Catholic priest. Growing Pinot Noir and Chasselas, each year 1,000 bottles of wine are produced, blended from grapes sourced from other vineyards, and sold at auction to raise around $35,000."

and even though it may be a gift like what Alex says  "I am guessing that this vineyard must be an offering from one of his wealthy sponsors."

A monk should not take, accept, encourage let alone HAVE A VINEYARD that produced income? That is VERY VERY STRANGE and so totally off! But one thing I realise from all these SUDDEN DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS EXPOSE is that the Westerners and Western media are STARTING to look at the Dalai Lama in a glimmering light and they are beginning to question and investigate and DIG up more dirty stuff to report about the Dalai Lama ever since the scandals of him being paid millions for teachings, his bad speeches that ignite/ angered in woman, other religious groups, countries (Neapal) etc. and then now most recently his fantastic support of Lamas who sexual abusers for years! Looks like the is digging his own grave... and I am VERY SURE he REALISES ALL THIS and the question is... for what PURPOSE? Hmmmm.... points to ponder folks. Don't be distracted by all the chaos on the surface for such news, deep down under the abys lies an entire different agenda by such enlightened beings. Dig deeper, think deeper. Something bigger is cooking up by Chenrezig Tenzin Gyatso.

Who knows, this may have been well preplanned/premeditated years ago before some of us was even born
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tracy

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 03:10:19 AM »
The Dalai Lama used to be a highly respected spiritual figure in the world. Millions and millions of people really admire him and think he is a very wise who can give very wise advice. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Laureate for his gentle and non-violent approach in dealing with the Tibet issue. But for the past few years, he has made many offensive comments that shocked people.

People are now starting to doubt his credibility. He covered up the lamas who have been abusing their students by not taking any actions even though he has known this for years. He gave an endorsement for some cult in the US for USD1 million. No one will ever think the Dalai Lama would do that.

More negative news about the Dalai Lama is being exposed now especially in the west. Did the Dalai Lama do it on purpose to make himself less credible? When he has lost his credibility, what he has said about Dorje Shugden will not stand as well. Is this his way of lifting the ban? If he is truly an emanation of Chenrezig, this is highly possible. 

Alex

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 06:27:14 AM »
Oh my Buddha!!!

This is UNBELIEVABLE ---- WHATTTTT? The Dalai Lama own a vineyard? Even if he uses the wine for Serkym daily, why would you need to a vineyard for this?  Even though like what christine V says that it only "consists of only three vines and has an area of 1.67 meters squared. He received this vine in 1999 as a gift from Abbé Pierre, who was a French Catholic priest. Growing Pinot Noir and Chasselas, each year 1,000 bottles of wine are produced, blended from grapes sourced from other vineyards, and sold at auction to raise around $35,000."

and even though it may be a gift like what Alex says  "I am guessing that this vineyard must be an offering from one of his wealthy sponsors."

A monk should not take, accept, encourage let alone HAVE A VINEYARD that produced income? That is VERY VERY STRANGE and so totally off! But one thing I realise from all these SUDDEN DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS EXPOSE is that the Westerners and Western media are STARTING to look at the Dalai Lama in a glimmering light and they are beginning to question and investigate and DIG up more dirty stuff to report about the Dalai Lama ever since the scandals of him being paid millions for teachings, his bad speeches that ignite/ angered in woman, other religious groups, countries (Neapal) etc. and then now most recently his fantastic support of Lamas who sexual abusers for years! Looks like the is digging his own grave... and I am VERY SURE he REALISES ALL THIS and the question is... for what PURPOSE? Hmmmm.... points to ponder folks. Don't be distracted by all the chaos on the surface for such news, deep down under the abys lies an entire different agenda by such enlightened beings. Dig deeper, think deeper. Something bigger is cooking up by Chenrezig Tenzin Gyatso.

Who knows, this may have been well preplanned/premeditated years ago before some of us was even born
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I agree with what Snowlions says here. His Holiness the Dalai Lama is exactly digging his own grave with all the "wrongdoings" that he purposely do. There is no way that His Holiness the Dalai Lama who is Chenrezig to make such stupid and obvious mistakes that leads to the downfall of the fame and the faith that the public has in him. He is way too smart to have made those "mistakes". He must be doing them deliberately.

But what are the benefits of this? The answer must something that really beneficial for His Holiness the Dalai Lama to "sacrifice" his fame and even risk to make millions of Buddhist lost faith by making these mistakes. Some might say maybe this is a fake Dalai Lama is not the real one and hence he is making so many mistakes. It is impossible because if a fake Dalai Lama ascends to the throne, his life will be cut short dramatically. This has happened to many throne holders who are not meant to be because a tremendous amount of merit needed to support them to be on the throne.

So whatever that His Holiness the Dalai Lama is doing will have a tremendous impact on the whole world and it will benefit alot of people in a super large scale for him to have to go with this. I believe this is what they mean by "divine play". But since we do not have the wisdom to understand what is going on, we have to have faith in His Holiness the Dalai Lama and not start to make assumptions and jump to conlclusions. The best way is to follow the advice of our root guru to ensure that we will not go into the wrong path.

PrajNa

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 12:39:56 AM »

Description: Das Oberhaupt der Tibeter lebt streng abstinent. Trotzdem besitzt der Dalai Lama einen eigenen Weinberg in der Schweiz. Verschiedene Berühmtheiten wie Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter und Zinedine Zidane haben seinen Rebberg schon besucht.

Translation: The head of the Tibetans lives strictly abstinent. Nevertheless, the Dalai Lama has its own vineyard in Switzerland. Various celebrities such as Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter and Zinedine Zidane have already visited his vineyard.

Saw a Sonam Choephel posted this on the comment section, thought I share it here.

As the so-called spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhists, the Dalai Lama strictly abstains from drinking alcohol in accordance with traditional monastic codes. However, it has recently been reported that the religious leader owns his own vineyard in Switzerland!

Apparently, various celebrities, including the likes of Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter and Zinedine Zidane have all made trips to the vineyard. What will people say when they find out that a Buddhist monk, who promotes abstinence from alcohol, owns a vineyard that produces wine for sale? This is certainly not going to sit well with his image of a religious leader and member of the Buddhist monastic order.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »

Saw a Sonam Choephel posted this on the comment section, thought I share it here.

As the so-called spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhists, the Dalai Lama strictly abstains from drinking alcohol in accordance with traditional monastic codes. However, it has recently been reported that the religious leader owns his own vineyard in Switzerland!

Apparently, various celebrities, including the likes of Roger Moore, Sepp Blatter and Zinedine Zidane have all made trips to the vineyard. What will people say when they find out that a Buddhist monk, who promotes abstinence from alcohol, owns a vineyard that produces wine for sale? This is certainly not going to sit well with his image of a religious leader and member of the Buddhist monastic order.

In my opinion, I think His Holiness the Dalai Lama is too clever to have done such a stupid move. His Holiness has been on a self-sabotaging spree for quite some time now with tons of "mistakes" that leads to the downfall of his fame and also the faith that his devotees have for him.

Him being a politician since a young age and tutored by such high masters in the past should be politically seasoned by now. He is an astute politician that have survived through the ages including the invasion of the Chinese into Tibet. He is way too clever to have done these "mistakes".

He is doing this to reduce the faith that the world has for him so that he will not have such a powerful influence power in the world. If he is able to reduce the faith and trust the world has for him, his next incarnation will naturally be the same. He did it on purpose because China wanted to elect their own Dalai Lama after His Holiness said that there will be no next Dalai Lama and he will be the last incarnation of the line. He wanted to reduce the power of the Dalai Lama that is elected by China.