Author Topic: Dalai Lama advocates Tibetans’ return to China  (Read 16293 times)

dsnowlion

Dalai Lama advocates Tibetans’ return to China
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:22:36 AM »
Can you believe this?! Look at what the Dalai Lama is saying now. How hypocritical of him. I just cannot believe my ears. Does this mean all those who self-immolated, did it all in vain and for nothing? They died for nothing? CTA encouraged their people to take their lives for nothing? Oh my goodness. How will the families of these deceased Tibetans feel?

And I guess now we can call Dalai Lama a CCP paid agent too, since that is what he is encouraging Tibetans to also accept! No more blaming and pointing the finger, accusing Shugden people! What does this all mean now to the Tibetans especially those fighting for Rangzen/Free Tibet? What a huge blow in their face I would say.

Dalai Lama advocates Tibetans’ return to China to capitalize on China’s prosperity
By: Shashi Kei

It has been a busy week for Tibet watchers. As the Dalai Lama tours Europe, the spiritual leader has been triggering alarms, first claiming that he cannot be held responsible for sex offenses committed by Tibetan lamas and teachers he has personally endorsed, and next by stoking Islamophobia by making a statement that “Europe belongs to Europeans” and that the migrants and refugees in Europe (who are mainly from Muslim countries) should ultimately return to their own countries.

But the biggest bombshell was dropped a few days before the Dalai Lama even left for Europe. On 12th September 2018, a video was published on YouTube showing a group of Tibetans in an audience with the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala, India where his Central Tibetan Administration (CTA; Tibetan leadership) is based. What the Dalai Lama said in the audience essentially signals the end of the Tibetan struggle for a free Tibet. In fact, it was a confirmation that the Dalai Lama is now prepared to depend on China for the survival of the Tibetan people and this itself raises the question how the Tibetans can hope to have any meaningful independence or even autonomy if they cannot stand on their own feet. So while the Tibetan continues in its posturing, the fact is, the Dalai Lama realises that it is time to come under China’s sovereignty.

The gist of what the Dalai Lama said to the Tibetan group is as follows:

Translation

We, as Tibetans, should stay under China and we should protect our cultures, religion, dharma, education and so on. For example, in China, there are a few autonomous zones and therefore, the three provinces (Kham, Amdo and Ü-Tsang) have the same rights and opportunity to protect our religion and culture.
        You Tibetans love money right? Do you want money or not? Do we prefer a free Tibet but we become beggars (poor) or do we prefer to stay in an autonomous zone under China? That way, if we ask China for money, they will give. [Dalai Lama laughs]
        We have some Tibetans who went to the USA, Belgium for money, isn’t it? We will become a union.
        In a few years from now, there will be big changes. Firstly, I wish to make a pilgrimage to China. [people crying] Then, step by step, I wish to go to my birthplace, Lhasa.
        Can we [Tibetan refugees and the CTA] conquer China to get a free Tibet? [Dalai Lama laughs] If you guys have miracles to show, then it is different. Now India and USA are becoming friends with China.

Continue at: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dalai-lama-advocates-tibetans-return-to-china-to-capitalize-on-chinas-prosperity/

DharmaSpace

Re: Dalai Lama advocates Tibetans’ return to China
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »
China is the most powerful economy in the world compared to a lacklustre US.

Everyone wants to sell to the Chinese. 

What more do you need. Head back to Tibet, Tibetans in exile. 

SabS

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 10:05:58 PM »
I would say that the statement by the Dalai Lama is the strongest in directly telling all his people to go back to Tibet and there is a future for his people there. I like the way he refer to CTA as "some Tibetans". Very derisive I must say. And clearly the Dalai Lama stated that Independent Tibet is not possible and no other countries of influence will support them in Free Tibet either. It is sad though...it seems that all the Dalai Lama wants to do is to return to Tibet before the end of his life. Like a surrender.....I do hope he will live long. Actually if the people were smart, they would go back to China Tibet and build up Tibet from within. Gain China's confidence and have a strong voice in the Parliament as representatives. That's how they will regain their own country, not independence but having control in governance.

dsnowlion

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 04:40:07 AM »
I would say that the statement by the Dalai Lama is the strongest in directly telling all his people to go back to Tibet and there is a future for his people there. I like the way he refer to CTA as "some Tibetans". Very derisive I must say. And clearly the Dalai Lama stated that Independent Tibet is not possible and no other countries of influence will support them in Free Tibet either. It is sad though...it seems that all the Dalai Lama wants to do is to return to Tibet before the end of his life. Like a surrender.....I do hope he will live long. Actually if the people were smart, they would go back to China Tibet and build up Tibet from within. Gain China's confidence and have a strong voice in the Parliament as representatives. That's how they will regain their own country, not independence but having control in governance.

Yes I also had the same thoughts regarding this. If only they had done this ages ago and not desperately now. But what I do not get is how the CTA still does things that irritate China and would jeopardise Dalai Lama's chance to return. It is very funny. But one thing is for sure, if Dalai Lama returns, CTA no longer is needed and no longer can use and abuse the Dalai Lama for their own greedy gains! Bye bye CTA hahahaha. Times up for shorty Dhardon and sleazy Sangay.

SabS

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »

Yes I also had the same thoughts regarding this. If only they had done this ages ago and not desperately now. But what I do not get is how the CTA still does things that irritate China and would jeopardise Dalai Lama's chance to return. It is very funny. But one thing is for sure, if Dalai Lama returns, CTA no longer is needed and no longer can use and abuse the Dalai Lama for their own greedy gains! Bye bye CTA hahahaha. Times up for shorty Dhardon and sleazy Sangay.

It is quite clear that CTA under "sleazy Sangay" is just out for donations and in order to do that, they have to keep antagonising China, against the Dalai Lama's wishes. Sangay already knows that when the Dalai Lama and Tibetans in exile goes back, there won't be any place for the current CTA, must lest Sangay. Wonder how much he had stashed away for his "retirement". That poor Dhardon made to marry another. That poor chap! Stuck with her. But then again, she should be rich enough for him to live well. Another living on handouts. Sigh!

Pema8

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
The CTA has achieved nothing as now the Dalai Lama tells everyone to go back. There are no more Tibetans coming to Dharamsala because they have a future in China, offered by the Chinese.

On the other side, what has the CTA to offer them? Refugee for many more years with no results...

It is very clear why the Tibetans stay in Tibet and even the Dalai Lama is very clear about this...

Very true @dsnowlion - time is up for Sangay, Dhardon and company... Bye bye or do they wish to build up Tibet from inside?? I doubt it...

Drolma

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
Didn't the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan leadership say Chinese government is not good? They said the Chinese government doesn't give them the right to practice their religion, use their own language and preserve their culture. They were very strong in criticising China. Now, the Dalai Lama said China is good, they give money to people? The Dalai Lama has totally changed the perspective of the public on him. What the Dalai Lama said in this video is a big slap for the Free Tibet activists. He is making himself looks irresponsible and flippant.

The statement made by the Dalai Lama implies that he has already given up hope on the Tibet cause, it will not succeed. So it will be better to go back to China because China will give money to them to preserve their religion and culture. So Dalai Lama agrees that the practice of Buddhism is not oppressed in China, but on the contrary, China is helping to preserve Buddhism and the Tibetan culture? What is more interesting is that he said it is ok to take money from the Chinese government. So now taking money from the Chinese is not a crime anymore? Then stop saying the Dorje Shugden followers are taking money from the Chinese and it is a crime.

What the Dalai Lama said will probably cost the CTA and him to lose sponsors. The sponsors donate to them because of the Tibet cause, if the Dalai Lama is not pursuing the cause anymore, there’s no need for the donations. Why did the Dalai Lama do this? Is it because he is desperate to go back to China and to make CTA go along with the Middle Way approach is to cut off their source of finance?

Tracy

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »
So after 60 years of fighting to free Tibet, the Dalai Lama has now given up on the free Tibet movement and he wants to back to China? After 60 years only he concludes that the cause will never succeed? It takes so long for someone to realise some things just will not work?

After the Tibetans escaped from Tibet, they have been receiving fund from the west to survive for the past 60 years. Why are the western countries showing so much sympathy for them? The Rohingyas, the Syrians, the Africans don’t receive so much sympathy from them, so the support for the Tibetans from the west must be motivated by political agenda. The western countries want to use the Tibet issue to undermine China. Unfortunately, this is not working. The Tibet issue didn't stop China from growing to be one of the most powerful economies in the world.

As more and more countries are showing support to China and distance themselves away from Tibetans, the western countries know that the Tibet issue will no longer work if they want to undermine China. No one will continue to invest in a strategy that will no longer work, sooner or later, the western countries will not give financial support to the Tibetans anymore.

The Dalai Lama must have anticipated it already, that is why he keeps saying he wants to go back to China. If he doesn’t and when the western world stop giving them fund, they will have a bigger problem. The Dalai Lama is doing this to protect the Tibetans and he has to do it fast as he is quite old already.

dsnowlion

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 01:17:17 AM »
So after 60 years of fighting to free Tibet, the Dalai Lama has now given up on the free Tibet movement and he wants to back to China? After 60 years only he concludes that the cause will never succeed? It takes so long for someone to realise some things just will not work?

Maybe the Dalai Lama is fed up with the CTA, hence he is manifesting all this self-sabotaging, PR nightmare speeches that angers nations even more so that in the end the CTA can no longer use him to deceive the world. And in this way he destroys CTA once and for all and secure his people's future with China? Because if anyone who has the resources to preserve and spread Buddhism, it would be China now.

Hence, this is why he is talking to Tibetans and asking them to make their enemy their friends? Dalai Lama is not stupid and definitely not an ordinary being!

Tracy

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »

Maybe the Dalai Lama is fed up with the CTA, hence he is manifesting all this self-sabotaging, PR nightmare speeches that angers nations even more so that in the end the CTA can no longer use him to deceive the world. And in this way he destroys CTA once and for all and secure his people's future with China? Because if anyone who has the resources to preserve and spread Buddhism, it would be China now.

Hence, this is why he is talking to Tibetans and asking them to make their enemy their friends? Dalai Lama is not stupid and definitely not an ordinary being!

I am sure the Dalai Lama is fed up with the CTA, I would be fed up with them too! The Dalai Lama says it many time that he wants to go back to China, he wants the Middle Way Approach and he does not want independence for Tibet anymore. But the CTA  is not doing anything to fulfill the Dalai Lama's wish.

The CTA continues to do the only thing they excel in, ie., to condemn China. They still support the Rangzen movement. There is no sign indicating they are aligning themselves with the Dalai Lama.

Therefore, the Dalai Lama has to do things his way in order to go back to Tibet as the CTA is unreliable. It looks like he is trying to convince the Tibetans going back to China is a better idea. Once he has the majority of the Tibetans supporting him, it will be easier to put pressure on the CTA.

SabS

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »
Haha, with the Dalai Lama changing tune to support going back to Tibet under China's rule and working with China in tandem to Tibet's economic growth, CTA needs to have reason to exist. And as such they support Rangzen and this becomes their cause to speak to other countries, albeit small minor countries that couldn't careless. Who would want to support CTA once the Dalai Lama goes back? They are so insignificant and not many of their people even support CTA. And most of their people had or will be moving on with their lives as citizens of another country. There is no Tibet as a country anymore nor citizenships. So why is there CTA? Weird huh! Its like a cloud that could go "Poof" anytime.

The Dalai Lama would do so much better by lifting the ban and reunifying the Dorje Shugden practitioners with their brethren. DS practitioners had practiced loyalty and still cares for the Dalai Lama, despite the sufferings now from DS ban. DS practitioners will be the ones to bring the Dalai Lama back to Tibet China

Drolma

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 08:44:30 AM »
It looks like the Dalai Lama is desperate to go back to Tibet and he puts no hope in Lobsang Sangay to bring him back to Tibet. It is actually shocking to hear what he says to the Tibetans. He is now saying the Chinese government is very good, they will give money so better to go back to China.

The way he says it makes himself and the Tibetans look so bad. It makes people feel Tibetans are all gold digger. But what he said is also quite true, the Tibetans in exile are like beggars, they are begging money from the west to survive, they don't have anything to generate income for themselves. They have lived a life like that for the past 60 years.

Going back to China in long run will be better for the Tibetans regardless if their motivation is for the money. China is providing the Tibetans with many opportunities in life, the education, career, etc. Everyone is well-taken care of unlike the CTA who constantly create conflicts within the Tibetan community and doesn't care about the welfare of the Tibetans.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »
Haha, with the Dalai Lama changing tune to support going back to Tibet under China's rule and working with China in tandem to Tibet's economic growth, CTA needs to have reason to exist. And as such they support Rangzen and this becomes their cause to speak to other countries, albeit small minor countries that couldn't careless. Who would want to support CTA once the Dalai Lama goes back? They are so insignificant and not many of their people even support CTA. And most of their people had or will be moving on with their lives as citizens of another country. There is no Tibet as a country anymore nor citizenships. So why is there CTA? Weird huh! Its like a cloud that could go "Poof" anytime.

The Dalai Lama would do so much better by lifting the ban and reunifying the Dorje Shugden practitioners with their brethren. DS practitioners had practiced loyalty and still cares for the Dalai Lama, despite the sufferings now from DS ban. DS practitioners will be the ones to bring the Dalai Lama back to Tibet China

Talking about the Rangzen groups. I have sympathy for them. They had been supporting His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan cause for so long already. They had been organising protests against China and also fundraise for CTA. All their effort just went down into the drain when His Holiness the Dalai Lama decided that he would like to have Umaylam and go back to Tibet under China.

I wonder what will be their reaction when they find out that. However, Umaylam is the best solution right now and His Holiness the Dalai Lama is brilliant to have proposed that. Independence for Tibet is impossible now since China's grip on Tibet is tighter and tighter. China will definitely not let go of Tibet and China is a very powerful country to oppose. It is impossible for 100,000 Tibetans in Exile can make any difference in changing the fate of Tibet.

It is better for CTA to humble down and get on China's good books. It will be easier for the Tibetans to return to Tibet under China. They have to go back to Tibet because India will not tolerate them forever and they will have to leave India one day when their land expires. They should really think about how they want to return to Tibet under China because time is running out for them.

SabS

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »

Talking about the Rangzen groups. I have sympathy for them. They had been supporting His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan cause for so long already. They had been organising protests against China and also fundraise for CTA. All their effort just went down into the drain when His Holiness the Dalai Lama decided that he would like to have Umaylam and go back to Tibet under China.

I wonder what will be their reaction when they find out that. However, Umaylam is the best solution right now and His Holiness the Dalai Lama is brilliant to have proposed that. Independence for Tibet is impossible now since China's grip on Tibet is tighter and tighter. China will definitely not let go of Tibet and China is a very powerful country to oppose. It is impossible for 100,000 Tibetans in Exile can make any difference in changing the fate of Tibet.

It is better for CTA to humble down and get on China's good books. It will be easier for the Tibetans to return to Tibet under China. They have to go back to Tibet because India will not tolerate them forever and they will have to leave India one day when their land expires. They should really think about how they want to return to Tibet under China because time is running out for them.

Well, nothing is permanent and maybe at the initial stage when there was a chance for Rangzen plan to go through but now, it is impossible for China to cede at all. The Dalai Lama in clairvoyance or political astuteness must had seen this and as such proposed Umaylam. It really shows the level of faith and trust the Tibetans in Exile, especially CTA, have in the Dalai Lama, in not following according to his wishes. Now it will be no chance for CTA to return to China, not as a governing body. Why would China want them when they are such failures and kept most of their sponsorship monies for themselves? Look how they recent held their annual meeting at Geneva, Switzerland. What, India does not have any conference room? Again not supporting your host but instead choose to spend the sponsorship monies elsewhere. It is so strange with his degree from prestiges University, Lobsang Sangay just don't have the smarts about their host country and help them in whatever small ways CTA can help. Stupid and ungrateful!

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 09:04:04 PM »
Can you believe this?! Look at what the Dalai Lama is saying now. How hypocritical of him. I just cannot believe my ears. Does this mean all those who self-immolated, did it all in vain and for nothing? They died for nothing? CTA encouraged their people to take their lives for nothing? Oh my goodness. How will the families of these deceased Tibetans feel?

And I guess now we can call Dalai Lama a CCP paid agent too, since that is what he is encouraging Tibetans to also accept! No more blaming and pointing the finger, accusing Shugden people! What does this all mean now to the Tibetans especially those fighting for Rangzen/Free Tibet? What a huge blow in their face I would say.

If you want to know what the Tibetan leadership will do next, just follow the money.

The 'Tibetan Cause' has been an extremely lucrative business for the Tibetan leadership and their cronies. For close to 60 years, they collect money from generous and well-meaning public, they get aid from the USA companies and they receive US government grants to be a nuisance to China. All tax free and without the need for accountability. On top of that, there's all the fees from speaking engagements, and royalties from books and all these without having to actually manage a country. Not that there is a country to manage.

Now that the gravy train is slowing down and knowing that one day it will come to a complete halt, the Dalai Lama is now telling the Tibetan people to hop on to a new gravy train known as China.

Clearly the biggest fools are those who have allowed themselves to believe that there is actually an authentic struggle for Tibet's independence. The Dalai Lama gave that up the fight for Tibetan independence 1988 at Strasbourg and yet most Tibet houses and organisations in the world continue to collect aid supposedly for the Tibetan people's fight for complete independence. Its just a scam.

Watch the video and you will hear the Dalai Lama saying that it will take a miracle for the Tibetan Cause to succeed. Not much for Tibetan refugees to look forward to. I also note the author's observation of the Dalai Lama acknowledgement that even if the Tibetan people were to somehow regain their country, it would be difficult for them to stand on their own feet and will have to rely on China.