Author Topic: Crime is fine as long as you are endorsed by the Dalai Lama  (Read 15501 times)

Pema8

Again, a public apology for sexual assault!

"Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche is the latest in a string of Tibetan Buddhist lamas linked to allegations of sexual misconduct. Sakyong Mipham recently made a public apology for sexually assaulting three of his female students and engaging in coercive sexual relationships with others."

The CTA is well-known to publish much against Dorje Shugden practitioners, restricts our freedom and well-being and much money is used to abuse their power against religious freedom. But what does the CTA do against the numerous sex crimes?
How does the CTA protect everyone from such harm?

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/crime-is-fine-as-long-as-you-are-endorsed-by-the-dalai-lama/

Pema8

Re: Crime is fine as long as you are endorsed by the Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:44:55 AM »
"A prominent Tibetan Buddhist leader based in Halifax, Canada, sexually assaulted three of his female students and engaged in coercive sexual relationships with others, according to a report released Thursday by the advocacy group Buddhist Project Sunshine.

Sakyong Mipham, whose legal name is Osel R. Mukpo, leads a global network of meditation centers called Shambhala International. The report includes two accounts by women who say Mipham sexually assaulted them and one by a woman who says he engaged in an emotionally abusive sexual relationship with her. Other women’s accounts are summarized in an appendix to the report.

Carol Merchasin, the lead investigator for the report and a retired employment lawyer, also spoke to a woman who says she personally overheard Shambala leadership discussing how to cover up an allegation of rape by Mipham. The report does not probe the rape claim, which it calls “second or third hand at best,” citing a lack of evidence.

In a letter to Shambhala members on Monday, Mipham acknowledged what he called “relationships” with women in the organization, but he stopped short of admitting any sexual misconduct.

“I have recently learned that some of these women have shared experiences of feeling harmed as a result of these relationships,” Mipham wrote. “I am now making a public apology.”

The Kalapa Council, a governing body appointed by Mipham, issued a second letter to Shambhala members late Wednesday, ahead of the report’s publication Thursday morning. It stopped short of acknowledging any specific wrongdoing and reiterated the council’s support for Mipham.

“Our lineage is led by human [teachers],” the council said. “They have offered us profound teachings, and as humans they can cause harm.”

“As well [as] caring for the victims, our hearts are also with the Sakyong… as we navigate this challenging time,” the letter continued.

The council’s letter said Shambala was working with An Olive Branch, a Buddhist consulting organization that purports to help “leaders understand the role of conflict in organizational health.”

There are two women on the nine-person council. One man on the council, Mitchell Levy, recused himself from signing the letter, citing unspecified “allegations against me on social media.”

Neither Mipham nor the Kalapa Council immediately returned ThinkProgress’ requests for comment.

One woman featured in the report, who also spoke with ThinkProgress, described an incident in 2011 where she said Mipham lifted up her skirt, groped her breasts, and began kissing her in the kitchen of his home in Halifax after a drunken birthday party for his one-year-old daughter.

The woman said she was taken aback by the behavior of her spiritual mentor, whom she had always tried to see as the Buddha himself — a common Tibetan Buddhist religious practice.

“It was gross. It was disgusting. I think I was just so shocked,” she told ThinkProgress. “I think I thought I was supposed to be doing this.”

The woman asked the remain anonymous out of fear of reprisal.

Another woman featured in the report described Mipham’s personal attendants calling her to his room late one night after a teaching. When she got there, the woman said, Mipham was dressed only in a bathrobe. After he began kissing and undressing her, she told him they couldn’t have sex.

“Well you might as well finish this,” Mipham allegedly responded while pushing her head toward his penis.

“I was so embarrassed and horrified I did it,” the woman said in the report. “He rolled over in bed and didn’t say another word to me.”

The allegations come after another report by Buddhist Project Sunshine in February alleged a pattern of sexual misconduct within the organization, including child sex abuse by some of its members.

In the wake of that report, the Kalapa Council announced measures aimed at addressing sexual misconduct, including the formation of a Sexual Harm and Misconduct Task Force.

The new allegations against Mipham are likely to hit the community hard. Tibetan Buddhism places a premium on the relationship between student and teacher, and some of the tradition’s most beloved stories involve teachers going to extreme lengths to shock their students into enlightenment.

Many contemporary teachers warn that those stories can be taken out of context and that students shouldn’t hesitate to point out when their teachers are hurting others. Other teachers, however, revel in a side of the tradition that has often eschewed conventional mores.

Chogyam Trungpa, Mipham’s father and the founder of Shambhala, was famous for raucous parties, drinking heavily, and sleeping with his students. The organization has cultivated a tamer image under Mipham’s leadership, but it still portrays him as a king at the center of the “enlightened society” it says that it’s building. Attendants wait on Mipham like royalty, and his home in Halifax is called the Kalapa Court. His Tibetan title, sakyong, translates to “earth protector.”

For one of the women who says Mipham assaulted her, that lofty view of his place in the world made it almost impossible to come forward.

“If you contest anything he says, you’re wrong, because there’s such a hierarchy,” she told ThinkProgress. “He’s a king. Literally, he’s a king.”

Do you have information about sexual misconduct in Shambhala or another religious organization? Contact reporter Joshua Eaton by email at [email protected] or by Signal at 202–684–1030."

https://thinkprogress.org/buddhist-leader-sexually-assaulted-students-report-finds-0d08e17cedd9/

Picture:
Sakyong Mipham, left, The Leader of Shambhala International, presents the Dalai Lama with the Living Peace Award at Shambhala Mountain Center in Red Feather Lake, Colorado, in August 2010.

dsnowlion

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:49:57 PM »
Yup, basically you can get away with anything, even sexual abuse and rape, if you are liked and/or endorsed by the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan-exile-government, they will never say anything to you! Double standards? Nah --- just plain hypocrisy!

However, if a Dorje Shugden lama does anything, anything at all, even putting real historical facts about Dorje Shugden, wow, the number of hate messages and slurs hurled at them would be unending. Heck, they'll be labelled as the "Taliban" of Buddhism like what some so-called bitter, jealous Professor Robert Thurman has been caught saying about Shugden-pas before. The amount of hypocrisy that exists in the Tibetan leadership is unbelievable, especially since they are supposed to be a Buddhist society! Very very disgusting.

I guess Mipham thought he should follow his father's footsteps all the way. But he forgot he ain't no Mahasiddha like his father. Sorry to say this and no one got enlightened or any realisations. The only realisations they got was that they were violated! What a shame... I used to respect Shambala and their organisation, this is a huge set back on them and their reputation as a whole. But you know what, they'll still get much support because they are NOT Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 03:29:14 PM »
These sexual assaults by Trungpa Junior are just the tip of the his iceberg.

For every sexual assault he committed there are many many more that go unreported.

We will see in the weeks and months to come many more victims of Trungpa Junior.

Here is something that the Kalapa Council will not do and that is to contact the Halifax Regional Police - Sexual Assault Unit.

Who are the members of this Kalalpa Council?

They are the die hard cult followers of Trungpa Junior who were hand picked by him to be members of HIS Kalapa Council.

The Council is there to PROTECT Junior and not his followers.

Again in the next few months we will hear about how Junior's Council knew about other victims of this "Enlightened" pervert and hid all the facts about his sexual assaults.

Here is a quote from from this article that is quite telling.

Another woman featured in the report described Mipham’s personal attendants calling her to his room late one night after a teaching.
Unquote

His own "Personal attendants" aided and abetted him in his sexual assaults.

They had no problems in feeding young woman to be sexually assaulted by their "Englightened Master".

They were part of his "Assembly Line" for rape and sexaully assault.

But I find no mention of them then the Kalapa Council's remarks on this matter.

Quite telling.

I wouldn't be surprise if we also hear allegations of massive lavish spending by Junior with Shambhala money.

When will we westerners stop treating these Tibetans as GODS and collectively grow up?

The Catholics have but many followers of Tibetan Buddhism still live in a state of denial.

Sexual animals like Junior and Sogyal Rinpoche don't belong in temples they belong in PRISON.

Rowntree

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 03:40:18 PM »
Do not judge a book by its cover. All these so-called lamas: Sogyal, Choedak, Tenzin Dhonden and now Mipham, are overrated by the image their followers and organisations created in order to promote them. There is nothing wrong to promote the good qualities of all these lamas and their organisations' good deeds but the promotion should not override the real issues that are happening within the organisation. The followers should put dharma into practice and speak up before anyone is being hurt. Buddhism is about truth and compassionate to all sentient beings, no harmful act should be concealed and allowed.

All Buddhists, especially those who are following Tibetan Buddhism, should observe their gurus' behaviours in accordance with the dharma. While the guru may be exercising crazy wisdom, there are still clear indications on whether the actions carried out will benefit one's spiritual practice or not. Also, there are no speedy ways to enlightenment, even with tantric practice. Efforts are required from the students' side to perform and transform while following the guru's guidance. Hard work and consistency in dharma practice is compulsory. 

Just remember sexual conduct IS NOT necessary and it is not the only way to enlightenment.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
Here is a link to a follow up story done by Tricycle magazine.

Just as I had stated the Kapala Council has known for sometime about Mipham and his sexual assaults and covered it up.

Here's the link

https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/sakyong-mipham-rinpoche-sexual-abuse/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter

TRIKE DAILY
NEWSSOCIETY & ENVIRONMENT
Shambhala Head Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche Accused of Sexual Abuse in New Report
The Buddhist leader apologizes for inappropriate relationships as multiple women allege sexual assault in an independent investigation.

By Wendy Joan BiddlecombeJUN 28, 2018
Shambhala Head Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche Accused of Sexual Abuse in New Report
Sakyong Mipham | Photo by Breton Hoagland
Coming off the heels of a public apology for what might be perceived as harmful “relationships” earlier this week, a new report is claiming that Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche sexually assaulted multiple women in the Buddhist order that he leads and that members of Shambhala International actively covered up his tracks.

The report was written by Andrea Winn, a leadership coach and second-generation Shambhalian who says she was forced out of her Toronto sangha in 2000 after speaking up about the childhood sexual abuse she experienced from multiple members of the community. The latest findings are the second phase of Project Sunshine, which Winn started a little over a year ago as a way to give survivors a support network.

Winn said she did not hear about any allegations against the Sakyong until women started reaching out to her after the first Project Sunshine report was published in February.

This “phase two” report, released on Thursday morning, includes two accounts from anonymous women who closely served the Sakyong. Both women, whose names were not included, alleged that the encounters took place at or after alcohol-fueled private parties that were thrown for the Sakyong.

“When I first began to be invited to these parties, I was elated. I felt as though my devotion was being recognized and acknowledged and that I now genuinely ‘belonged,’” wrote a woman in one of two impact statements in the report. She wrote that over the years, when the Sakyong was “completely intoxicated,” he “kissed” and “groped” her while “aggressively encouraging” her to go to bed with him. She says she resisted his advances for years, and only ended up sleeping in his bed one night, during which she spent most of the time holding a bowl for him to vomit into. According to her account, when she confronted her teacher about his treatment of women, he “said that he was sorry, that he had not meant to hurt me” and after that, she was gradually relieved of her tasks in his “inner circle.”

A second impact statement describes multiple sexual encounters that left the woman feeling “ashamed, demoralized, and worthless.” She also alleges that his kusung, or close attendant, summoned her to the Sakyong’s bedroom on two separate occasions.

“I was so conflicted with doing what my teacher asked of me, feeling so devoted to him and not wanting to displease him or fall from his graces . . . More and more it felt like he had no interest in me or my well-being. Only his pleasure,” she wrote.

“I hope the community will press for the investigation,” said Winn of the new allegations.

Earlier coverage: Shambhala International Owns Up to Past Abuse, But What Comes Next Remains Unclear

The preliminary investigation into the allegations against the Sakyong was conducted by Carol Merchasin, a retired employment lawyer who says she has investigated  numerous sexual misconduct cases. Merchasin said she completed several levels of Shambhala training in Boulder, Colorado, in the early 1980s, and that her husband was a student of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, the Sakyong’s father and Shambhala’s founder. She reached out to Winn after reading about Project Sunshine earlier this year and later agreed to review some of the allegations.

“When there are claims of sexual misconduct, you can’t assume that they’re true or false, you have to investigate and try to move the allegations into facts if you can,” Merchasin explained. “Shambhala cut off communication channels . . . without access to Shambhala, and anyone accused, it was impossible to do a full investigation.”

Merchasin said that the women who have alleged sexual misconduct either had “very little or no connection to one another,” were from different cities, and if they did know each other through service, had gone their separate ways, debunking the idea that the accusers have a vendetta against the Sakyong.

“A pattern is a very strong indication of truth being told,” Merchasin said, adding that any “reasonable organization” would recognize these links and use their resources to complete a full investigation of what might amount to “institutionalized sexual abuse.” She added that all accounts were corroborated when possible through interviews and supporting documents, such as text messages, but many people she reached out to were unwilling to speak with her.

The latest assault allegation occured in 2011, according to the report.

Winn and Merchasin said they met with a mediator, Kathleen Franco, a lawyer who they say is a Shambhala member, on May 24 to share their findings. They then asked Shambhala to respond within eight days as to whether they were willing to appoint a neutral investigator to look into the allegations and have the Sakyong step down while that investigation was carried out. Winn said they received no response other than that they should both expect to be sued by Shambhala if they went ahead with publishing the report.

Tricycle’s efforts to speak with the accusers on the record were not successful.

Ashley Dinges, a spokesperson for the Kalapa Council, Shambhala’s governing body, when asked if Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche is being investigated for sexual misconduct, and for confirmation on the meeting with a mediator, on Wednesday sent Tricycle the following statement: “The Kalapa Council and Shambhala leadership have not been made aware of the contents of Ms. Winn’s document and therefore cannot provide comment on it at this time. We will provide a response once we have had an opportunity to review it.”

A message was sent out to the Shambhala community by the Kalapa Council that evening maintaining that “this leadership body has never threatened legal action against any survivor, ally, or mediator. No one on the Kalapa Council has ever asked a victim to remain silent. However, we acknowledge the power systems that create the pressure to remain silent.” The statement said Shambhala is working with An Olive Branch, a project of the Zen Center of Pittsburgh that supports religious organizations during times of conflict, to improve their sexual misconduct reporting policies.

“Our lineage is led by human Sakyongs. They have offered us profound teachings, and as humans they can cause harm,” the Kalapa Council’s message said. “We are heartened that the Sakyong has taken a first step in engaging his community around these issues. As well caring for the victims, our hearts are also with the Sakyong, [his wife] Sakyong Wangmo and their family as we navigate this challenging time. We stand with our lineage through the pain of our heartbreak,” the statement also reads.

On Monday, a letter from the Sakyong was sent to Shambhala members.

“It is my wish for you to know that in my past there have been times when I have engaged in relationships with women in the Shambhala community,” the letter reads in part. “I have recently learned that some of these women have shared experiences of feeling harmed as a result of these relationships. I am now making a public apology.”

The Sakyong added that he has “apologized personally to people who have expressed feeling harmed by my conduct, including some of those who have recently shared their stories.” The letter does not indicate when these “relationships” took place.

The leader of more than 200 international Buddhist centers lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with his wife and said in his letter that with her support he intends to enter “a period of self-reflection and listening.” He urged the community to “completely immerse itself in caring and kindness.”

Earlier this year, the Shambhala community issued an apology for past “abhorrent behavior” and improper relationships between students and teachers in the past that were “not always addressed with care and skill.”

This announcement coincided with the release of Project Sunshine’s first report in February, but Shambhala was careful to distance itself from Winn’s findings, which detailed five anonymous accounts that included childhood sex abuse and alleged cover-ups by leaders in the organization. At the time, Shambhala told Tricycle that their announcement on past handling of abuse cases was not a preemptive response to the Project Sunshine report.

Shambhala announced a change in the way they handle and report sexual assault the following month, and Mitchell Levy, a member of the governing Kalapa Council, recused himself from policy discussions due to social media allegations against him. And, in late March, the Sakyong led a day-long retreat in Los Angeles that included a panel discussion with Rev. angel Kyodo williams as well as the director of a local sexual and domestic violence prevention center on “how we can relate to each other with compassion in these challenging times.”

Shambhala joins a growing list of Buddhist organizations that have recently acknowledged misconduct by top teachers. In August 2017, Sogyal Rinpoche resigned from Rigpa and entered a period of retreat after accusations of sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. Last year, Lama Norlha resigned as abbot of New York’s Kagyu Thubten Choling Monastery after accusations of improper relationships with women. He died earlier this year.

Wendy Joan Biddlecombe is a freelance reporter and Tricycle's former web editor.
Unquote

michaela

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »

I have always respected the Dalai Lama for his enormous contribution to make the precious Buddha Dharma available to people around the world.

However, there is no denying that the Dalai Lama has a significant influence and this influence has been misused and at times in a sad way. His endorsement of the so-called Buddhist teacher/ monk like Mipham, Sogyal, and Tenzin Dhonden are doing more harm than good to the Tibetan Buddhism.

The Dalai Lama should have put his foot down on those who are harmful to the lineage and Tibetan Buddhism in general and those who are harming others early instead of continuing to endorse them until the issues become huge. By doing this, he would limit the damage and the harm that they are doing.

Compared to the people mentioned in the article, there is nothing that Shugden people have done to harm the Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Buddhism. Therefore, the ban against this practice that has never been proven to be harmful should be removed immediately.

I do hope the Dalai Lama would put his foot down and address the pressing issues in Tibetan Buddhism like those created by Mipham, Sogyal, and Tenzin Dhonden and lift the ban on Dorje Shugden practice so peace and harmony can be restored within Tibetan Buddhism.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 04:25:43 PM »
Here is a link to a formal report done by Andrea Winn.

She was part of the Tricycle article that I published here.

It is a 52 page pdf report about Mipham.

http://andreamwinn.com/project_sunshine/Buddhist_Project_Sunshine_Phase_2_Final_Report.pdf

I hope you find it interesting reading.

Rowntree

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
Come to think of it, perhaps Mipham is another one trying to be like Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. Sogyal made it very clear that he wanted to be like Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. He just loves the fact that Trungpa Rinpoche was like a rock star and many women were lining up to see him and the sexual relationship he had with them freely. Sogyal told himself he wanted to be just like that and he did but the outcome was totally opposite. Mipham's dad was Trungpa Rinpoche and he seems to follow everything his dad did. These two and much more abuse crazy wisdom and people's devotion to them for self-serving purposes. I wonder if they even understand karma.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:23:51 PM »
I think that "Crazy Wisdom" is just made up "Tibetan Bullshit".

Don't remember the Buddha going around having sex with any young beautiful girl he met.

If the Buddha didn't do that what makes it all right for these "Tibetan Rock and Roll Rinpoches" to bang any man or woman he DESIRES.

Are they living Buddhas or just Mick Jagger in Tibetan robes.

Are they giving Tibetan Buddhist teachings or just a "Tibetan Booty Call".

Could we all just grow up and tell these Tibetan perverts to get on a plane and go back to Tibet.

dsnowlion

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
Come to think of it, perhaps Mipham is another one trying to be like Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. Sogyal made it very clear that he wanted to be like Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. He just loves the fact that Trungpa Rinpoche was like a rock star and many women were lining up to see him and the sexual relationship he had with them freely. Sogyal told himself he wanted to be just like that and he did but the outcome was totally opposite. Mipham's dad was Trungpa Rinpoche and he seems to follow everything his dad did. These two and much more abuse crazy wisdom and people's devotion to them for self-serving purposes. I wonder if they even understand karma.

Oh yes, but Trungpa was very different, he was a Mahasiddha. You can definitely tell from the other things he did that produced great results. Should read his biography written by his consort Dragon Thunder and The Idiot Servant. Very very good books, eye-opening. Not only that many high Lamas in the Gelug tradition also respected him and said he was not ordinary for sure.

I guess Mipham was using his father's legacy to justify his perverted crimes. This is unfortunate and sad to hear as it paints a very awful picture on Shambala now, which is not good for them. This will set them backwards for sure. But the main point here is not so much about Mipham as we read the article, it is more on the Tibetan Leadership.

Basically, they condone such activities because they do nothing about it. Basically, you can sexually assault any woman you want, just like Sogyal, they will not do anything or say anything to you because you are NOT a Dorje Shugden lama, get it? See the biasness. That is the issue here. The HYPOCRISY.

Rowntree

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »
The CTA is known for their hypocrisy. They are known to have 2 faces and only interested in money. As long as you are not seen as against the Dalai Lama, you can really get away with anything but that's not because of the CTA's devotion to the Dalai Lama but they needed him as the cash cow for more corruptions.

dsnowlion

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »
Well, they cannot continue with this hypocrisy of theirs for far too long.

I think even their own people are fed up with CTA. Internally there is a division between Rangzen and Umaylam, there is also a division between those who like and dislike the so-called President Sikyong Sangay. Overall, CTA is going down and with such news, it is going to make them look more and more biased if they don't do something. Because the world is watching and the Dalai Lama needs to say something. Otherwise, it just goes to show the bias, hypocritical, discrimination on their part.

How is it that the Dalai Lama keep getting it wrong and keep endorsing Lamas that does so many vices and breaks the very basic refuge vows? This makes people question the Dalai Lama's qualifications. If the Dalai Lama can get so many Lamas wrong, and make so many mistakes, doesn't that mean he can definitely get the Lamas who practice Dorje Shugden wrong too, meaning to say these Dorje Shugden lamas are right and is doing nothing wrong and hence, Dorje Shugden is not a bad practice.

But so far who can name a Dorje Shugden lama who sexual abuse someone? Is there any? But there has been 2 great Lamas who are endorsed by the Dalai Lama who has done so and a Karmapa who wants to quit his position due to political agendas and bullying by those who are in power. What does that tell us? hypocrisy much!

Rowntree

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 07:33:51 AM »
You see, they have been getting away for it for over 20 years. You know apart from fake lamas, His Holiness also endorses cult leaders and terrorists such as Shoko Asahara and NXVIM Keith Raniere. Shoko Asahara was the head of the Japanese cult behind the 1995 Tokyo sarin attack that killed 15 people and hurt over 6,000 people. Asahara has been executed by hanging. However, His Holiness endorsed and regarded him as a good friend and a student. This is the latest news for your information https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-43395483.

Related article and discussion about NXVIM Keith Raniere and be found here http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dalai-lama-named-in-1-million-scandal/ and http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=6073.0.

Either the His Holiness' clairvoyance and supernatural are flawed or the people surrounding him couldn't care less about his reputation and sell his fame off for more money they can corrupt. But then again, if His Holiness is an emanation of Chenresig and a seasoned tantric practitioner, how can he not tell what those people around him do? Why do he need others to expose them before he did anything to stop that?

dsnowlion

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

Either the His Holiness' clairvoyance and supernatural are flawed or the people surrounding him couldn't care less about his reputation and sell his fame off for more money they can corrupt. But then again, if His Holiness is an emanation of Chenresig and a seasoned tantric practitioner, how can he not tell what those people around him do? Why do he need others to expose them before he did anything to stop that?

Well, I have heard of BAD KARMA from the high lama's students which create obstacles. So perhaps this is why the Dalai Lama is blinded by these culprits? It is the same question I ask too during the time of the 5th and how the Dalai Lama allowed Desi to somebody of authority although he is EVIL and in the end, he was the one who murdered Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen. How come Dalai Lama did not stop a murderer then, surely he'd be able to see with his 3rd eye what is coming? So this always makes me think it is the negative karma of the students, group together, blinding the enlightened ones from helping others. Plus the Dalai Lama allows it because of a higher purpose to fulfil.

However, the recent one and the string of cult teachers the Dalai Lama is associated with does not give him a good image and one by one they are all being exposed. CTA must be collecting loads of negative karma from all this fundraising.