Author Topic: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!  (Read 104032 times)

Rowntree

Re: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:26 PM »
Since we are on the topic of Bhutanese, hope many more Bhutanese will wake up to the fact that following the CTA and the Dalai Lama to ban Dorje Shugden is the worst thing they could ever do for themselves.

In fact it is very bad move to follow CTA's policy, and all they stand for, What has the CTA really done for the Tibetan people after 60 years of being exiled.

All the Bhutanese need is a Je Khenpo (religious leader) who is not political. The current one is the 70th and he is the ONLY one who bans the Dorje Shugden practice in Bhutan. Since all 69 before him didn't ban it, it must be that he buys into the CTA's political propaganda and decided to do so for political reasons. It seems that he is not spiritual at all.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 07:57:00 AM »
Since we are on the topic of Bhutanese, hope many more Bhutanese will wake up to the fact that following the CTA and the Dalai Lama to ban Dorje Shugden is the worst thing they could ever do for themselves.

In fact it is very bad move to follow CTA's policy, and all they stand for, What has the CTA really done for the Tibetan people after 60 years of being exiled.

All the Bhutanese need is a Je Khenpo (religious leader) who is not political. The current one is the 70th and he is the ONLY one who bans the Dorje Shugden practice in Bhutan. Since all 69 before him didn't ban it, it must be that he buys into the CTA's political propaganda and decided to do so for political reasons. It seems that he is not spiritual at all.

No true religious leader will ban other religion just because they don't agree to them. I don't see the Pope banning Buddhism, Wicca or hinduism in the western countries. Only narrow minded people will not respect religious freedom.

It is funny that their country takes pride in being a democratic country. How is a democratic country bans another religion ? It is one of the basic human rights to have religious freedom as long as they obey the law. It is even in their constitution but yet they choose to turn a blind eye and follow CTA's lies.

I guess Bhutan is not that great after all.

fruven

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »

It is definitely for political reason. Why Je Khenpo isn't respecting the democratic principle of a person having freedom to choose his/her religious? Does he know the laws if one discriminate another religious belief then one can be fined and jailed?

The fact that Je Khenpo can ban the practice and get away with it speaks volume of the Bhutanese towards the good intention of their king implementing the democracy system. The Bhutanese loves their king, they respect him and grateful for their king but when it comes to Dorje Shugden they exihibit the same pattern as Tibetans, their loves and respect of their king are thrown out of the window.

kris

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2018, 03:28:37 AM »
It is definitely for political reason. Why Je Khenpo isn't respecting the democratic principle of a person having freedom to choose his/her religious? Does he know the laws if one discriminate another religious belief then one can be fined and jailed?

The fact that Je Khenpo can ban the practice and get away with it speaks volume of the Bhutanese towards the good intention of their king implementing the democracy system. The Bhutanese loves their king, they respect him and grateful for their king but when it comes to Dorje Shugden they exihibit the same pattern as Tibetans, their loves and respect of their king are thrown out of the window.

To me, Je Khenpo's action is definitely 100% purely political motivated. This is the problem of most government, where they want to control the people as much as possible, and one of the easiest ways to control people is by race or religion. In the case of Bhutan, using religion to control them is a tools that is totally convenient and effective.

Just like CTA, Bhutan government and Je Khenpo purposely want their people to be ignorant (or stupid) so that they don't question things. It is in Bhutan's constitution that everyone has the rights to practice the religion they like, but Bhutan government purposely and conveniently hide their constitution under rug and don't want to talk about it. If Bhutanese are well educated, they will question why Je Khenpo made such recommendations which clearly violates the constitutions.

May be it is in Bhutan or Tibet culture not to go against the government, but that conveniently fall into the hands of the governing body to continue to abuse their people. I am not asking Bhutanese to be snobbish and rude, but they need to know their rights and not to be bullied around. Until then, good luck to all the Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world, as Shugden practitioners are continuously cursed by Bhutanese (strange kind of Buddhism where it is acceptable to swear at others).

phyag na rlangs pa

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2018, 04:01:32 AM »

The CTA is a joke. Their five-fifty strategy is a joke. They've been struggling for independence for 60 years and gotten nowhere because nothing they've done promotes unity. One simply does not fight an 'enemy' by creating another enemy. How does dividing Tibetans by their Buddhist practice going to help the CTA gain credibility to engage with China? Personally, I don't think anyone would want to talk to anyone whose only skill is pointing fingers and blaming other people for their failures.

The horribly sad thing about this whole affair is that despite all the facts and arguments, Tibetans at large, and even the Bhutanese now, have fallen for the CTA's fairy tale of the big, bad Shugden ghost story.

Seriously, the CTA should be more concerned with the Sogyal Rinpoches and Sakyong Miphams who are actually tarnishing the reputation of Tibetans and Tibetan Buddhism. The CTA should be concerned about the future of the Tibetans-in-exile in India and how to reconcile them with their families in Tibet or resettling them as Indian nationals.

The danger to Tibet and Tibetans is not an external enemy- China - but the enemy is within: the Tibetans themselves.

Celia

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »
Religion is a way of life and definitely people belonging to a religion would be 'religious' as advocated by that religion. Sadly, the Tibetan leadership has no qualms weaponizing religion for personal gain which CTA has successfully done so to deepen their own pockets. It is pretty much their only claim to success considering most of their promises made to Tibetans which are for the benefit of Tibetans remain just empty words or lip-service to curry more financial international aids or donation. Time and time again, the CTA does not hesitate to abuse state instruments and official channels to their advantage, from enforcing an unconstitutional ban to glorifying grisly self-immolation. The only silver lining is that recent developments and expose of CTA reflect that karma is catching up on them, thus, it is just a matter of time for the Tibetan leadership.

As for the Bhutanese, it is really disappointing that such a purported happy nation would turn so vulgar over something which is part of their history just because it is unfamiliar to them. Regardless of their own personal beliefs, any self-respecting Buddhist would understand the need to be respectful and tolerate difference in opinions or faith. After all, the facts and evidence are there so there are justification for a certain position. If one cannot accept, there is no need to vehemently condemn.

Ultimately, faith is a very personal thing and someone bashing a person’s religion serves no purpose other than starting heated battle very quickly. Everyone has the right to believe what they want. If there was more tolerance among people, there would be fewer battles over whose religion is right. Then again, if people really practice their religion/faith well, tolerance would be a given and non-issue.

Jushri

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2018, 07:19:31 AM »
Have you guys seen this?

Sikyong is in Israel and the report from Jerusalem says:

Born in India, the soft-spoken man leads a people without a country. Like Sangay, they are inspired by the Jewish nation’s return to their homeland, as they campaign for autonomous recognition from China.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

“We always look for hope. If the Jewish people can do it, we Tibetans should be able to do it too,” Sangay said.

Instead of identifying with the Palestinians who are the group under occupation and which is in line with the narrative of the Central Tibetan Administration. He instead identifies with Israel, the occupiers.

For someone who's so hung up on 'human rights', he sure doesn't say anything about human rights violations in that region of the world.

The irony is so thick, I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

I guess he sees being friendly to Israel is a way to get into Trump's good books and budgets.

The article is here: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/From-Jerusalem-leader-in-exile-says-Next-year-in-Tibet-560776

Kinda stupid of CTA to be friendly with Trump since we all know that China is fast becoming the next super power. What's even stupider is that CTA STILL doesn't see that Tibet is part of China and being in China's good books will help their cause more than being friends with Trump. Trump has got to be the worst POTUS in history and to be aligned with him is not a very smart move.

I think CTA is still trying to portray the "poor me, look how big bully China is violating my country" cos that's what they do best for the last 60 years. They don't know anything else beyond that. They play the victim card so that they can continue to stay in India for free and still get all the $$$ from international Tibet Cause groups. It's all about the $$$!!!

Jushri

Joo Won

!
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:20 AM »
Have you guys seen this?

Sikyong is in Israel and the report from Jerusalem says:

Born in India, the soft-spoken man leads a people without a country. Like Sangay, they are inspired by the Jewish nation’s return to their homeland, as they campaign for autonomous recognition from China.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

“We always look for hope. If the Jewish people can do it, we Tibetans should be able to do it too,” Sangay said.

Instead of identifying with the Palestinians who are the group under occupation and which is in line with the narrative of the Central Tibetan Administration. He instead identifies with Israel, the occupiers.

For someone who's so hung up on 'human rights', he sure doesn't say anything about human rights violations in that region of the world.

The irony is so thick, I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

I guess he sees being friendly to Israel is a way to get into Trump's good books and budgets.

The article is here: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/From-Jerusalem-leader-in-exile-says-Next-year-in-Tibet-560776

Kinda stupid of CTA to be friendly with Trump since we all know that China is fast becoming the next super power. What's even stupider is that CTA STILL doesn't see that Tibet is part of China and being in China's good books will help their cause more than being friends with Trump. Trump has got to be the worst POTUS in history and to be aligned with him is not a very smart move.

I think CTA is still trying to portray the "poor me, look how big bully China is violating my country" cos that's what they do best for the last 60 years. They don't know anything else beyond that. They play the victim card so that they can continue to stay in India for free and still get all the $$$ from international Tibet Cause groups. It's all about the $$$!!!

Agree! It's short sighted to continue with the strategy to be agaisnt Beijing and trying to be good friend of Mr. Trump. CTA must be not following the trend that more and more countries, including Americans not liking this crazy man of America.

Only people who wishing to keep getting money from the "enemies" of Beijing would be good friend of Mr. Trump, at the cost of offending Beijing. The money is not for the Tibetans or for Tibet cause, but it's for the pockets of Tibetan leaders.  >:( >:(Very selfish. However, it's sad that many Tibetans still do not know this reality and keep trusting their leaders.  :'( :'( :'(

Now it's time to wake up and see the true color of Tibetan leaders.

dsnowlion

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »

The CTA is stupid indeed... they can be "try" to be friendly with Trump all they want but Trump is a racist and will never be bothered with them. Besides, Trump is a businessman first before a President, do you think he is going to side Tibetans over China? This trade war is just a show of his ego and testosterone but eventually, he will negotiate a deal with China for sure. And I don't think he has room to be concern about Tibet Cause, as far as he is concerned, the Tibetans in USA should also be sent back to Tibet China. Look at him, do you think he cares about Tibet? Please, stop kidding yourselves CTA. He wasn't the one who approve the budget for CTA this year. It was some congress.  So in a funny twisted way, Trump somehow benefits the Dorje Shugden cause! Lol  ;D Funny how everything is turning out huh?! 

Rowntree

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2018, 04:55:41 PM »
Can you all imagine all these stupid acts by the CTA, even the US Congress, are all results of the Dalai Lama's short speech? He caused the chaos and ban on Dorje Shugden's practice, makes Sogyal and Mipham rich, get Sangay a luxury house in the US, fund Dhardon Sharling's anti-Shugden's publications & etc. Because of his speech, Shugden Buddhists are segregated with no basic rights, families are separated, students are denied education, monks are expelled from their monastery...and the list goes on. His influence basically trembles the world.

dsnowlion

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »
Can you all imagine all these stupid acts by the CTA, even the US Congress, are all results of the Dalai Lama's short speech? He caused the chaos and ban on Dorje Shugden's practice, makes Sogyal and Mipham rich, get Sangay a luxury house in the US, fund Dhardon Sharling's anti-Shugden's publications & etc. Because of his speech, Shugden Buddhists are segregated with no basic rights, families are separated, students are denied education, monks are expelled from their monastery...and the list goes on. His influence basically trembles the world.

Yes but if it wasn't for His speech Tibetan Buddhism or rather Vajrayana Buddhism would not have exploded and become mainstream. It would not have grown so rapidly. And same goes for Dorje Shugden. Now the whole world knows about Dorje Shugden's controversy thanks to the Dalai Lama. So I guess it has it has its pros and cons.

No doubt those who have negative karma will naturally create more negative karma. So if say Sangay had no bad intentions and negative karma, then naturally he would not be enticed to create more negative karma. I guess what I am saying is, these people already are bad and have very bad negative karma and for sure they are not going to a good place.

Drolma

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

To me, Je Khenpo's action is definitely 100% purely political motivated. This is the problem of most government, where they want to control the people as much as possible, and one of the easiest ways to control people is by race or religion. In the case of Bhutan, using religion to control them is a tools that is totally convenient and effective.

Just like CTA, Bhutan government and Je Khenpo purposely want their people to be ignorant (or stupid) so that they don't question things. It is in Bhutan's constitution that everyone has the rights to practice the religion they like, but Bhutan government purposely and conveniently hide their constitution under rug and don't want to talk about it. If Bhutanese are well educated, they will question why Je Khenpo made such recommendations which clearly violates the constitutions.

May be it is in Bhutan or Tibet culture not to go against the government, but that conveniently fall into the hands of the governing body to continue to abuse their people. I am not asking Bhutanese to be snobbish and rude, but they need to know their rights and not to be bullied around. Until then, good luck to all the Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world, as Shugden practitioners are continuously cursed by Bhutanese (strange kind of Buddhism where it is acceptable to swear at others).

I am sure it is for political reason the Je Khenpo also imposed the DS ban in Bhutan.

In Bhutan, it is predominantly Drukpa Kagyu lineage, not many in Bhutan practises Dorje Shugden anyway. So why did the Je Khenpo have to issue a statement to ban the practice of Dorje Shugden? There must be some people in Bhutan who are practising black magic like the Shamanism , using maybe spirit to cast spell on people, why didn't the Je Khenpo issue a statement to ban Shamanism? If Dorje Shugden is a spirit, Shamanism is using spirits, why so double standard? Why only ban Dorje Shugden but not Shamanism?

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is a very skilled speaker, his debate teachers and partners were the tsenshaps, so he learned from the very best scholars of the three great monasteries.

You can see the total opposite of His Holiness' message below, spoken at the Avalokiteshvara Empowerment and Public Talk in Strasbourg, France in September 2016. However, as this was not spoken in India, so the ban continues.

“I hear that some people report that I have said no one should do the practice of Dolgyal. That is not what I say. There are problems with the practice, which I know from my own experience, and that’s why I recommend people not to do it. But if someone wants to do it, they can. There are monks today in monasteries adjacent to Ganden and Sera who specifically follow the practice.

Rowntree

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2018, 02:49:35 AM »
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is a very skilled speaker, his debate teachers and partners were the tsenshaps, so he learned from the very best scholars of the three great monasteries.

You can see the total opposite of His Holiness' message below, spoken at the Avalokiteshvara Empowerment and Public Talk in Strasbourg, France in September 2016. However, as this was not spoken in India, so the ban continues.

“I hear that some people report that I have said no one should do the practice of Dolgyal. That is not what I say. There are problems with the practice, which I know from my own experience, and that’s why I recommend people not to do it. But if someone wants to do it, they can. There are monks today in monasteries adjacent to Ganden and Sera who specifically follow the practice.

This is how the Dalai Lama manipulates the whole Dorje Shugden situation and managed to get away with his dictatorship and allow the ban to continue for so many years. This looks like a double standard to me and it is definitely unfair. By doing so, he is saying that different audiences will be treated differently although they are all supposed to be sentient beings and must be treated equally.

The stupid Westerners are so blinded with terms like referendum, freedom, recommendation, and etc. as long as the Dalai Lama speaks with such words, they are willing to believe and happily to be manipulated into supporting the ban on Dorje Shugden and righteously treat His followers badly with their white supremacy mentality. They are the source of income for the CTA to continue banning Dorje Shugden and spread fake news and propaganda to paint negative lights on Dorje Shugden.

The stupid Westerners also supported the self-immolation campaign by happily promoting the bravery of such action together with the CTA. They incite hate in the Tibetans and get them all worked up to burn themselves alive. In return, the Westerners and CTA get more money to continue their luxury lifestyle for holding up the label of Tibet activists and voice for free Tibet.

How crooked all these sound!

dsnowlion

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 02:15:44 AM »
The stupid Westerners are so blinded with terms like referendum, freedom, recommendation, and etc. as long as the Dalai Lama speaks with such words, they are willing to believe and happily to be manipulated into supporting the ban on Dorje Shugden and righteously treat His followers badly with their white supremacy mentality. They are the source of income for the CTA to continue banning Dorje Shugden and spread fake news and propaganda to paint negative lights on Dorje Shugden.

The stupid Westerners also supported the self-immolation campaign by happily promoting the bravery of such action together with the CTA. They incite hate in the Tibetans and get them all worked up to burn themselves alive. In return, the Westerners and CTA get more money to continue their luxury lifestyle for holding up the label of Tibet activists and voice for free Tibet.

I guess there aren't enough times to say and spell out how STUPID the westerners and their idealistic mindset can be  ;D ;D ;D

It also goes to show how powerful and so influenced the Dalai Lama is. It is as if everyone is enchanted by some kind of Dalai Lama spell. Having said that, it would be so nice for Dalai Lama to turn around and apologise for the disharmony and suffering caused due to the ban! Imagine what it will do... it will unite all Tibetans again and isn't that what is needed to preserve the Tibetan culture?