Author Topic: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!  (Read 104006 times)

Questionable

Re: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
I am pretty sure the Dalai Lama is unaware of the entire refugee problem in Europe seeing how he is staying these things without knowing the background.

However, let me ask this to all of you.  If he isn't an enlightened being, what was the point of Shugden protecting him on his way to China after the Nechung Oracle told him to escape? Do you mean to tell me the deity that dear Kelsang Gyatso persecuted treasure is to be thrown out alongside the Dalai Lama?  What are we to do from there?  Shall we now make a cult that hates the Dalai Lama, reject a deity we all once worshiped that was banned and criticize him for protecting the Dalai Lama, and focus primarily on hating the great vajra masters?  Sure, let's all cause a schism and let's be reborn in Avici Hell as the Buddha warned!  Surely that isn't a bad thing now is it?  Yes, since we're "Buddhists," let's throw out the entire concept of bodhicitta and take our own path from there now shall we?

Matibhadra

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2018, 06:11:50 AM »
However, let me ask this to all of you.  If he isn't an enlightened being, what was the point of Shugden protecting him on his way to China after the Nechung Oracle told him to escape?

Together with the evil dalie there were many high beings worth being protected, such as his two tutors, Ling and Trijang Rinpoches.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2018, 10:53:53 AM »
However, let me ask this to all of you.  If he isn't an enlightened being, what was the point of Shugden protecting him on his way to China after the Nechung Oracle told him to escape?

Together with the evil dalie there were many high beings worth being protected, such as his two tutors, Ling and Trijang Rinpoches.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is definitely trying his best to spread Buddhism in his own way. He is doing a pretty good job so far and Dorje Shugden is such a hot topic and issue right now thanks to him. What can spread faster and further among the people in this degenerate era other than controversy? It is a divine play of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden with the aim to spread his practice to places of the world where Dharma is impossible to reach with the normal ways of spreading Dharma.

Due to the ban, even China being a nonreligious country involved themselves in the religious matter and even invested in projects that preserve the Dharma in Tibet. If there is no ban, China will not do any of the above because it brings them no benefit to do that. So, them wanting to win over Dalai Lama's followers, they do what His Holiness is doing which is to support Dorje Shugden practice.

This is the strategy of reverse psychology and only His Holiness can use it to trick China to do what he wanted them to do. Only a being with an enlightened mind can think and plan such a brilliant move.

Questionable

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is definitely trying his best to spread Buddhism in his own way. He is doing a pretty good job so far and Dorje Shugden is such a hot topic and issue right now thanks to him. What can spread faster and further among the people in this degenerate era other than controversy? It is a divine play of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden with the aim to spread his practice to places of the world where Dharma is impossible to reach with the normal ways of spreading Dharma.

Due to the ban, even China being a nonreligious country involved themselves in the religious matter and even invested in projects that preserve the Dharma in Tibet. If there is no ban, China will not do any of the above because it brings them no benefit to do that. So, them wanting to win over Dalai Lama's followers, they do what His Holiness is doing which is to support Dorje Shugden practice.

This is the strategy of reverse psychology and only His Holiness can use it to trick China to do what he wanted them to do. Only a being with an enlightened mind can think and plan such a brilliant move.
Indeed, his holiness is wise!  May the teachings thus spread and may the bodhisattva manifest if they need to into different forms!
As for the hatred that is quite obvious among some of our vajra siblings here, please try not to ruin eons of karma with hatred against a bodhisattva and distract him from his work.  Though China supports us, let us not comment on the Dalai Lama and focus on the teachings during such fortunate periods.

PrajNa

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »

I agree with you on this. I cannot fathom why His Holiness can be so contradictory and inconsistent in his reasons for the Dorje Shugden ban. He's also very unclear and keep switching the reasons for the ban. First you can't practice, and monks are encouraged to be expelled. Later, His Holiness said he never said peoeple cannot practice. So definitely there is divine reason for all these dramas.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »

I agree with you on this. I cannot fathom why His Holiness can be so contradictory and inconsistent in his reasons for the Dorje Shugden ban. He's also very unclear and keep switching the reasons for the ban. First you can't practice, and monks are encouraged to be expelled. Later, His Holiness said he never said peoeple cannot practice. So definitely there is divine reason for all these dramas.

I believe His Holiness to be the emanation of Chenrezig, Buddha of Compassion. I have no doubt on that. It has been mentioned by His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche in his works that this will happen and it seems like they are fighting but in fact, they are not. They are just helping each other in promoting Dharma. The They in the context will be the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden.

It is impossible for an attained being like His Holiness the Dalai Lama that reincarnated perfectly back into human realm to continue his legacy will suddenly be unreliable and make mistakes that create more harm than good. Attained beings like the Dalai Lama do not degenerate because they had reached a level in their practice that does not degenerate. There is no one in the world can spread Buddhism to the whole world like His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The Shugden ban has to be a divine play. For normal human beings like me, we will not be able to understand the picture fully. It may seem negative at first but luckily I have a spiritual guide that explained this to me. Even though there is a ban on Dorje Shugden's practice, if you examine it closer, Dorje Shugden practice is growing instead of declining. The practice had reached more people than ever due to its controversial nature and even non-Buddhist would like to know what's going on with the controversy. Dorje Shugden had connected with so many people due to this ban compared to before. Hence, it is good for us to maintain faith in His Holiness and not have negative feelings and focus on our practice.

PrajNa

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2018, 04:14:53 AM »

I believe His Holiness to be the emanation of Chenrezig, Buddha of Compassion. I have no doubt on that. It has been mentioned by His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche in his works that this will happen and it seems like they are fighting but in fact, they are not. They are just helping each other in promoting Dharma. The They in the context will be the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden.

It is impossible for an attained being like His Holiness the Dalai Lama that reincarnated perfectly back into human realm to continue his legacy will suddenly be unreliable and make mistakes that create more harm than good. Attained beings like the Dalai Lama do not degenerate because they had reached a level in their practice that does not degenerate. There is no one in the world can spread Buddhism to the whole world like His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The Shugden ban has to be a divine play. For normal human beings like me, we will not be able to understand the picture fully. It may seem negative at first but luckily I have a spiritual guide that explained this to me. Even though there is a ban on Dorje Shugden's practice, if you examine it closer, Dorje Shugden practice is growing instead of declining. The practice had reached more people than ever due to its controversial nature and even non-Buddhist would like to know what's going on with the controversy. Dorje Shugden had connected with so many people due to this ban compared to before. Hence, it is good for us to maintain faith in His Holiness and not have negative feelings and focus on our practice.

Yes, I have heard some lamas talking about this before, that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche has mentioned his long ago before the ban started. It is too bad that not many know about this and some old monks die heartbroken thinking that this conflict is causing His Holiness the Dalai Lama's displeasure with monks who practise Dorje Shugden.  :(

Rowntree

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
Divine play or not, you cannot justify how so many are hurt and sacrifice because of what the Dalai Lama said. More than 150 self-immolated, many families were broken, many are harmed and etc. because of what he has said. Are you saying that divine play has all the rights to cause harm also?

PrajNa

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »
Until today, I still cannot understand why His Holiness the Dalai Lama permits Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, the present incarnation of the Dalai Lama’s teacher to continue practising Dorje Shugden, if he thinks that the practice is wrong. It doesn't make sense. I believe this is His Holiness manifesting mistake and error, because how can a debate master like His Holiness says things that are contradictory, especially in this matter related to practice? Thoughts, anyone?

https://youtu.be/pWi1fJkTA9Q

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2018, 01:06:44 AM »
Until today, I still cannot understand why His Holiness the Dalai Lama permits Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, the present incarnation of the Dalai Lama’s teacher to continue practising Dorje Shugden, if he thinks that the practice is wrong. It doesn't make sense. I believe this is His Holiness manifesting mistake and error, because how can a debate master like His Holiness says things that are contradictory, especially in this matter related to practice? Thoughts, anyone?

I agree that it is His Holiness manifesting mistake and error. Back in November 2017, Nepalis were furious about His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s statement that Buddha was born in India, and not Nepal. How can such a great debater, a scholar of Sutra and Tantra make such an unskillful comment? For those who are not aware of this, you can read here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-14th-dalai-lama-angers-nepal/

After all, being such a great scholar he is, how could he make such an unskillful comment

Alex

• Email
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2018, 03:04:35 AM »

I think His Holiness is trying to throw the public off by allowing the reincarnation of his Guru, Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden practice which he labelled himself a spirit practice. If practising Dorje Shugden is really what CTA said, why would he allow Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to go down that path? Where is his compassion to save the reincarnation of his Guru from going down to the path of 3 lower realms?

From this action, we can see that he knows that Dorje Shugden practice is not a harming practice. He knows that Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is on the right path and there is no harm in practising Dorje Shugden. That is why he allowed it. It is against his Bodhisattva vows to see one is going off to a path that harms them and not save them.

His Holiness has been contradicting himself on several things about Dorje Shugden practice. This is just one of it. Another good example will be his recognition of all these Dorje Shugden Tulkus. All of them are strong Dorje Shugden practitioners in their previous lives up until they pass away. If Dorje Shugden practitioners will go to hell, why are these tulkus reincarnating back as a human and be in Dharma from a young age? His Holiness the Dalai Lama even recognise them as the reincarnation of those Dorje Shugden lamas. Examples will be Zong Choktrul Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe.

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »

I think His Holiness is trying to throw the public off by allowing the reincarnation of his Guru, Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden practice which he labelled himself a spirit practice. If practising Dorje Shugden is really what CTA said, why would he allow Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to go down that path? Where is his compassion to save the reincarnation of his Guru from going down to the path of 3 lower realms?

From this action, we can see that he knows that Dorje Shugden practice is not a harming practice. He knows that Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is on the right path and there is no harm in practising Dorje Shugden. That is why he allowed it. It is against his Bodhisattva vows to see one is going off to a path that harms them and not save them.

His Holiness has been contradicting himself on several things about Dorje Shugden practice. This is just one of it. Another good example will be his recognition of all these Dorje Shugden Tulkus. All of them are strong Dorje Shugden practitioners in their previous lives up until they pass away. If Dorje Shugden practitioners will go to hell, why are these tulkus reincarnating back as a human and be in Dharma from a young age? His Holiness the Dalai Lama even recognise them as the reincarnation of those Dorje Shugden lamas. Examples will be Zong Choktrul Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe.

What Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche wrote on page 125 in his text "Music Delighting the Ocean of Protectors" clearly tells us to not doubt or disparage His Holiness the Dalai Lama, nor consider this Dharmapala (Dorje Shugden) as an ordinary worldly being. This supports the point that His Holiness the Dalai Lama is creating the ban on Dorje Shugden for a higher purpose.

"Yet this Lord of Dharma Protectors exhibited an ability to harm or destroy them, and such events as the Great Fifth, having been able to summon this Dharmapala to be burned with intense samadhi but not accomplish it, also shows that the enlightening activities of these great masters and those of this Dharmapala are each as mutually universal and pervasive as the other. But some who are narrow minded, not understanding this point, consider this Dharmapala to be like an ordinary worldly being and, with supposed faith in the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama, disparage him; or else they indeed admire this great Dharmapala but criticize the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama. Using either one as a reason not to admire the other and speaking badly about either in any way is the conduct of an ordinary being who, under the influence of attachment and hatred, just tries to help friends and hurt enemies; it obscures the increase of these great holy Aryas' deeds and creates the karmic cause to experience unbearable suffering in the future.

Why is this true? Because it is utterly impossible that such great beings, who are special emanations of Arya Avalokiteswara and Buddha Amitabha, could lack the power to overcome the harmful force of any sort of magical spell, harmful demon, or spirit. This is because they are both powerful Lords who have overcome external and internal maras without exception."

PrajNa

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:31 AM »

"Yet this Lord of Dharma Protectors exhibited an ability to harm or destroy them, and such events as the Great Fifth, having been able to summon this Dharmapala to be burned with intense samadhi but not accomplish it, also shows that the enlightening activities of these great masters and those of this Dharmapala are each as mutually universal and pervasive as the other. But some who are narrow minded, not understanding this point, consider this Dharmapala to be like an ordinary worldly being and, with supposed faith in the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama, disparage him; or else they indeed admire this great Dharmapala but criticize the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama. Using either one as a reason not to admire the other and speaking badly about either in any way is the conduct of an ordinary being who, under the influence of attachment and hatred, just tries to help friends and hurt enemies; it obscures the increase of these great holy Aryas' deeds and creates the karmic cause to experience unbearable suffering in the future.

Why is this true? Because it is utterly impossible that such great beings, who are special emanations of Arya Avalokiteswara and Buddha Amitabha, could lack the power to overcome the harmful force of any sort of magical spell, harmful demon, or spirit. This is because they are both powerful Lords who have overcome external and internal maras without exception."

Thank you for sharing this excerpts. Indeed, if Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche spoke about this way before the ban started, I believe this is the workings of the Bodhisattvas Chenrezig, who's working to get Buddhism to many. Chenrezig (Dalai Lama) and Manjushri (Dorje Shugden). It is clearly mentioned above that we should not disparage the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden or criticise the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama. Unfortunately, many ignorant Tibetans and Tibetan Buddhists are doing this now. I wish more people can read this great work of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »

Thank you for sharing this excerpts. Indeed, if Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche spoke about this way before the ban started, I believe this is the workings of the Bodhisattvas Chenrezig, who's working to get Buddhism to many. Chenrezig (Dalai Lama) and Manjushri (Dorje Shugden). It is clearly mentioned above that we should not disparage the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden or criticise the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama. Unfortunately, many ignorant Tibetans and Tibetan Buddhists are doing this now. I wish more people can read this great work of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

Even if Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche did not give that advice, we should not be acting the way we are acting towards an enlightened being and also a highly attained monk like His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Buddha taught us to be kind and compassionate even to our enemies. We should not act hostile towards anyone even if we do not agree with any side on the Dorje Shugden ban issue.

Many people showed hostility towards Dorje Shugden practitioners who did nothing wrong but staying true to their Guru samaya and practised Dorje Shugden. However, they are being treated very badly and stripped of their human rights included going to a hospital to receive medical treatment. This is one of the most basic human necessity but just because of their religious choice, they are being denied from it.

Dorje Shugden practitioners should not say bad things about His Holiness the Dalai Lama as well. Even if there is unjust in the treatment of Dorje Shugden practitioners, we should not have anger towards His Holiness because it is not our pracice to be like that. Dorje Shugden practice is a practice of love and compassion and we should carry ourselves better.

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

Even if Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche did not give that advice, we should not be acting the way we are acting towards an enlightened being and also a highly attained monk like His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Buddha taught us to be kind and compassionate even to our enemies. We should not act hostile towards anyone even if we do not agree with any side on the Dorje Shugden ban issue.

Many people showed hostility towards Dorje Shugden practitioners who did nothing wrong but staying true to their Guru samaya and practised Dorje Shugden. However, they are being treated very badly and stripped of their human rights included going to a hospital to receive medical treatment. This is one of the most basic human necessity but just because of their religious choice, they are being denied from it.

Dorje Shugden practitioners should not say bad things about His Holiness the Dalai Lama as well. Even if there is unjust in the treatment of Dorje Shugden practitioners, we should not have anger towards His Holiness because it is not our practice to be like that. Dorje Shugden practice is a practice of love and compassion and we should carry ourselves better.

This practice was never a problem for hundreds of years, but suddenly, the Central Tibetan Administration decided that it is a problem. It's extremely illogical.

I agree with you, we definitely should not be rude and slander highly attained monks like His Holiness the Dalai Lama and others. There are many Dorje Shugden lamas who are highly realised although they manifest the appearance of a normal monk. It's weird that some Tibetan Buddhists who don't know the skilful means of this method or illusory play, thinking that His Holiness the Dalai Lama are against the Dorje Shugden monks/lamas.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:50:17 PM by Vajraprotector »