Author Topic: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!  (Read 103782 times)

Alex

• Email
Re: The hidden message in the Dalai Lama's speech!
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
The Chinese Panchen Lama is very well respected in China by the Tibetans and the high lamas. These high lamas are attained masters, they will not acknowledge a fake lama and mislead people. If they are paying so much respect to the Chinese Panchen Lama, he must be real.

What the Dalai Lama has said about the Panchen Lama could be possible as well. A highly attained lama is able to control their birth and death, he is also able to emanate into multiple forms simultaneously. Perhaps both Panchen Lamas are real and the previous Panchen Lama emanated into multiple individuals in order to preserve the lineage knowing how the situation would be.

The Chinese Panchen Lama has a very learned tutor. The Chinese government has given him the best Buddhist education and provided what he needs in order for him to perform his spiritual duty. A few years ago, the Panchen Lama gave a Kalachakra initiation to at least 100,000 people in Tibet. If he is fake, he would not be able to give initiation to so many lay people, Sangha and high lamas.

What you said is very sound, Tracy. The thing is, how sure are we that all the reincarnation enthroned are real? We were just basing it on what the lamas said anyway. Whether or not the Chinese Panchen Lama is the real Panchen Lama, for sure he is learned, and for sure he is not normal because he was born amidst auspicious signs.

There are 4 videos here about Panchen Lama, filmed by Taiwanese, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-11th-panchen-lamas-kalacakra-initiation-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-the-cta/

The Taiwanese are generally not pro-China so they wouldn't have made up the stories about the Chinese Panchen Lama. He is definitely a great Lama, whether or not he's the Panchen Lama. I think lamas like Kyabje Gangchen Rinpoche and other high lamas who have met and supported the Chinese Panchen Lama, these lamas won't side with a fake lama.  8)

I agree with you PemaChen. The current Chinese Panchen Lama is definitely a qualified lama because he is very knowledgable and capable. He gave Kalachakra initiation to thousands of people at mass initiation events. Let's not talk about him being the real Panchen Lama or not. By just looking at his skills, his knowledge of the sutra and tantra, he is not someone ordinary.

He is a qualified lama even if he is not the real Panchen Lama. When a fake lama claimed the throne of high lamas such as Panchen Lama, his life will be shortened dramatically because the merits needed for him to occupy the throne is tremendous. When the life of the imposter is being shortened, the real successor to the throne will have a chance to ascend to the throne quicker and benefit sentient beings.

Since the Chinese Panchen Lama is healthy, strong and strong in his studies, it is not likely that he is the fake Panchen Lama. However, that does not mean the Dalai Lama's Panchen Lama is fake, it could be another emanation of the previous Panchen Lama. One should not jump to conclusions especially when it comes to holy beings like the Panchen Lama who is believed to be the emanation of Buddha Amitabha.

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2019, 09:04:28 AM »

I agree with you PemaChen. The current Chinese Panchen Lama is definitely a qualified lama because he is very knowledgable and capable. He gave Kalachakra initiation to thousands of people at mass initiation events. Let's not talk about him being the real Panchen Lama or not. By just looking at his skills, his knowledge of the sutra and tantra, he is not someone ordinary.

He is a qualified lama even if he is not the real Panchen Lama. When a fake lama claimed the throne of high lamas such as Panchen Lama, his life will be shortened dramatically because the merits needed for him to occupy the throne is tremendous. When the life of the imposter is being shortened, the real successor to the throne will have a chance to ascend to the throne quicker and benefit sentient beings.

Since the Chinese Panchen Lama is healthy, strong and strong in his studies, it is not likely that he is the fake Panchen Lama. However, that does not mean the Dalai Lama's Panchen Lama is fake, it could be another emanation of the previous Panchen Lama. One should not jump to conclusions especially when it comes to holy beings like the Panchen Lama who is believed to be the emanation of Buddha Amitabha.

Very good points. Yes, it takes a lot of merits to occupy the throne. Similarly, many detractors claimed the current Dalai Lama is fake too! I personally have very strong faith in His Holiness the Dalai Lama, despite what other people think. It is, of course, my own opinion and I do not force other to think the same, but look at it this way, His Holiness was recognised in Old Tibet the traditional way. His Holiness was also a master of Sutra and Tantra, educated in the Nalanda tradition, including Prajnaparamita, the perfection of wisdom; Madhyamika, the philosophy of the Middle Way; Vinaya, the canon of monastic discipline; Abidharma, metaphysics; and Pramana, logic and epistemology.  Whether or not he's the real Dalai Lama, he's a very qualified teacher, and you can see that he changes the life of millions.

His Holiness sitting on the throne during his official enthronement ceremony in Lhasa, Tibet on February 22, 1940.

PrajNa

« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »

Very good points. Yes, it takes a lot of merits to occupy the throne. Similarly, many detractors claimed the current Dalai Lama is fake too! I personally have very strong faith in His Holiness the Dalai Lama, despite what other people think. It is, of course, my own opinion and I do not force other to think the same, but look at it this way, His Holiness was recognised in Old Tibet the traditional way. His Holiness was also a master of Sutra and Tantra, educated in the Nalanda tradition, including Prajnaparamita, the perfection of wisdom; Madhyamika, the philosophy of the Middle Way; Vinaya, the canon of monastic discipline; Abidharma, metaphysics; and Pramana, logic and epistemology.  Whether or not he's the real Dalai Lama, he's a very qualified teacher, and you can see that he changes the life of millions.

What you say is very true, Pema. We as normal people cannot be sure whether His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Panchen Lama are real, but the results show that these two beings are highly learned and are great practitioners. So many millions of people received benefits from their work and sometimes just the mere presence can impact people for a lifetime.  May all these Bodhisattva continues to live among us till the end of time.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2019, 09:25:05 PM »

His Holiness sitting on the throne during his official enthronement ceremony in Lhasa, Tibet on February 22, 1940.

Yes, the same applies for His Holiness the Dalai Lama too. His Holiness has been on the throne since he was a young boy and now he is 83 years old already. If he is an imposter, he would had used up his merits a long time ago. He will not be alive for so long if he is an imposter.

His actions are strong proof that he is the real Dalai Lama as well. Look at how he managed to bring Tibetan Buddhism into the western countries which is quite tough and difficult at that time. His actions benefited many sentient beings and bring a lot of people into Tibetan Buddhism.

Even though there is some controversy about His Holiness over the Dorje Shugden issue, we should not think ill about His Holiness the Dalai Lama because sometimes highly attained beings like His Holiness maybe performing his actions in a large scale which can benefit many sentient beings in a larger scale.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:30:00 AM by Vajraprotector »

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2019, 05:04:27 AM »

Yes, the same applies for His Holiness the Dalai Lama too. His Holiness has been on the throne since he was a young boy and now he is 83 years old already. If he is an imposter, he would had used up his merits a long time ago. He will not be alive for so long if he is an imposter.

His actions are strong proof that he is the real Dalai Lama as well. Look at how he managed to bring Tibetan Buddhism into the western countries which is quite tough and difficult at that time. His actions benefited many sentient beings and bring a lot of people into Tibetan Buddhism.

Even though there is some controversy about His Holiness over the Dorje Shugden issue, we should not think ill about His Holiness the Dalai Lama because sometimes highly attained beings like His Holiness maybe performing his actions in a large scale which can benefit many sentient beings in a larger scale.

We should not think ill about His Holiness the Dalai Lama as I've heard from very senior and old monks, that His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche has already warned about this controversy before it started. All the work of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, we should not just see it from mere appearance alone. Have faith that due to their nature, they can never harm sentient beings, no matter how things may look.  8)

Drolma

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2019, 09:46:00 AM »
We should not think ill about His Holiness the Dalai Lama as I've heard from very senior and old monks, that His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche has already warned about this controversy before it started. All the work of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, we should not just see it from mere appearance alone. Have faith that due to their nature, they can never harm sentient beings, no matter how things may look.  8)

I also strongly believe the Dalai Lama is a highly attained being. Who in the world has the caliber to influence millions of people like the Dalai Lama? If he is not enlightened, he will not have the power or charisma to do that.

It is said that enlightened beings have their ways to do things to benefit all sentient beings. What they do is not for the short term, it is for the long term. Outwardly, their actions might seem to be unreasonable, but what they are doing is with the purpose to bring benefits to all sentient beings. Since we do not have the clairvoyance, we will not be able to comprehend.

One example I have read before is Ra Lotsawa. When Ra Lotsawa brought Yamantaka practice to Tibet, many high lamas and people thought Yamantaka was a demon and they used magical power to fight with Ra Lotsawa. In the process, Ra Lotsawa had killed many high lamas. However, he didn't really kill them, but he sent their consciousness to the pure land.

Before the Dorje Shugden ban was imposed, His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche said that in future the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden might look like they are against each other but we must not lose our faith in either of them. This further proves that the Dalai Lama is not an ordinary being.

PrajNa

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2019, 06:56:41 AM »
Before the Dorje Shugden ban was imposed, His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche said that in future the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden might look like they are against each other but we must not lose our faith in either of them. This further proves that the Dalai Lama is not an ordinary being.

I have heard this many times from many people - students of various lamas, as well as old monks from different monasteries. I wonder why people still do not take heed of this?? What do you guys think? Do you think it's because the old monks did not share about this prophecy or how?

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2019, 03:53:53 AM »
I have heard this many times from many people - students of various lamas, as well as old monks from different monasteries. I wonder why people still do not take heed of this?? What do you guys think? Do you think it's because the old monks did not share about this prophecy or how?

I believe it's not because they do not take heed, but rather, with so much suffering and so much 'secular' restrictions, it doesn't seem that possible for Dorje shugden practitioners to be liberated. It's very stressful and said.

daka

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2019, 04:05:35 AM »

Prophecy is one thing, the reality is another thing. Tibetans are too afraid of being persecuted by their own government and people. Look at how the Dorje Shugden people being discriminated and chased out of their own monasteries, home etc, who dares to say anything even if they believe so? But the good news is this is the old trend, the new trend is the Tibetans are starting to lose trust in their government due to too many empty promises and corruptions. They are not afraid to stand up now. I think this will bring new hope to the Dorje Shugden issue. As long as a few persons dare to stand up to say something different, I am sure many more will join.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2019, 04:15:39 AM »

I think it is because Tibetans are blindly following His Holiness's advice and they disregarded all other high lamas because they are not as famous as the Dalai Lama. What the Dalai Lama says will be the rule. They will just follow without analyzing it with logic or think through it. Tibetans are ignorant and they will just do as they are told. That is why so many Tibetans burn themselves to death to fight for a failed cause. No matter how many Tibetans burn themselves to death, Tibet will never become independent ever again and all they manage to do is to raise more fund for CTA to spend on their luxury life. They are not helping with the cause at all. They are better off being an India citizen or go back to Tibet.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:18:48 AM by Vajraprotector »

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2019, 04:25:55 AM »
Prophecy is one thing, the reality is another thing. Tibetans are too afraid of being persecuted by their own government and people. Look at how the Dorje Shugden people being discriminated and chased out of their own monasteries, home etc, who dares to say anything even if they believe so? But the good news is this is the old trend, the new trend is the Tibetans are starting to lose trust in their government due to too many empty promises and corruptions. They are not afraid to stand up now. I think this will bring new hope to the Dorje Shugden issue. As long as a few persons dare to stand up to say something different, I am sure many more will join.

Yes, I guess the way the Tibetan leadership has mistreated their people, doing such things such as death threat, putting up hit list with personal details, organising groups to do protests and ordering them to throw stones at monks, high lamas and breaking sangha properties - this is why the general Tibetan public in exile are such narrow minded people. Thanks to the Tibetan leadership. You can look at Tibetans growing up in other countries, they are very different than those who grew up in India. I guess that's why His Holiness has decided that there's no point fighting for freedom anymore.

PrajNa

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2019, 05:01:54 AM »
Yes, I guess the way the Tibetan leadership has mistreated their people, doing such things such as death threat, putting up hit list with personal details, organising groups to do protests and ordering them to throw stones at monks, high lamas and breaking sangha properties - this is why the general Tibetan public in exile are such narrow minded people. Thanks to the Tibetan leadership. You can look at Tibetans growing up in other countries, they are very different than those who grew up in India. I guess that's why His Holiness has decided that there's no point fighting for freedom anymore.

It is true. Many of my Tibetan friends who live overseas said that their kids are not so different from other local kids or the kids of the country they are currently residing in. With better opportunities and freedom, many of their kids grow up to be successful. Yet, you see very little talent and success stories in Dharamsala, or anywhere in India.

When you ask a local Indian about Tibetans, immediately they have something negative to say, unless they are talking about His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who is a big guru-ji. Otherwise, many do not have good impression of Tibetans who are "foreigners" leeching off their government and taking advantage of the kindness of the host countries. This is very sad because that is not what Tibetan Buddhism's teachings wish to produce. Yet, that is the results of TIbetans being in exile for around 60 years now. Something has to be done, but I think His Holiness the Dalai Lama has given up and now has asked to return to China/Tibet.

daka

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2019, 05:09:20 AM »
When you ask a local Indian about Tibetans, immediately they have something negative to say, unless they are talking about His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who is a big guru-ji.

What you said make it sound like for the past 60 years, the only good impression the Indians get from the Tibetans in exile is only the Dalai Lama. How sad it is. I don't think the Tibetans are evil. However I do believe that under the influence of CTA bad policy, Tibetans have left bad impression in people's mind. A goverment always represent their people. Bad government will only drag their people down.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
When you ask a local Indian about Tibetans, immediately they have something negative to say, unless they are talking about His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who is a big guru-ji.

What you said make it sound like for the past 60 years, the only good impression the Indians get from the Tibetans in exile is only the Dalai Lama. How sad it is. I don't think the Tibetans are evil. However I do believe that under the influence of CTA bad policy, Tibetans have left bad impression in people's mind. A goverment always represent their people. Bad government will only drag their people down.

I think it is more than just the government who had given the Indians a bad impression on Tibetans. The Tibetans themselves are not so pleasant people either. There are many occasions where Tibetans are extremely arrogant and rude to India because Indians are not so well off compared to the Tibetans.

The Tibetans treat the Indians as someone below them and they do not respect the Indians at all. That is why it angered the Indians even more because the Tibetans are guests in India and they are feeding off the kindness of Indians.

In some occasions, Tibetans are found guilty of abusing the kindness of India by cheating their welfare system to get more aids for themselves while there are Indians who needed the help more than the Tibetans. However, the Tibetans are selfish and cared only about themselves. This is why Tibetans created a lot of anger towards them.

PrajNa

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2019, 10:55:30 AM »
I think it is more than just the government who had given the Indians a bad impression on Tibetans. The Tibetans themselves are not so pleasant people either. There are many occasions where Tibetans are extremely arrogant and rude to India because Indians are not so well off compared to the Tibetans.

The Tibetans treat the Indians as someone below them and they do not respect the Indians at all. That is why it angered the Indians even more because the Tibetans are guests in India and they are feeding off the kindness of Indians.

In some occasions, Tibetans are found guilty of abusing the kindness of India by cheating their welfare system to get more aids for themselves while there are Indians who needed the help more than the Tibetans. However, the Tibetans are selfish and cared only about themselves. This is why Tibetans created a lot of anger towards them.

Many Indians are not happy with Tibetans. Due to India's culture of spirituality, they respect His Holiness the Dalai Lama very much, that is why in general, Indians do not mind Tibetans staying in India. However, some people couldn't stand how Tibetans are taking advantage of the status as "refugee" and trying to get more than what was given. Since 2017, Indians, even the indigenous community in India have protested against Tibetans. You can read here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/indians-openly-demand-tibetans-go-home/