Author Topic: US delegation visits Tibetan headquarters in Dharamsala  (Read 3293 times)

dsnowlion

US delegation visits Tibetan headquarters in Dharamsala
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »
Two members from US congressional delegation Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Representative Claudia Tenney, visited Dharamsala.

Ros Lehtinen mentioned that the US Congress understands the issue of Tibet and is working side-by-side with the CTA and other organizations to formulate a US policy in support of the people of Tibet.

Looks like CTA managed to manipulate these two ladies and get them to buy into their poor me stories. It is okay Mr Sangay... the can't do much if Trump does not care. I wonder how much more these two are going to be swindled to give Sangay and his cronies? It is really silly of Sangay to keep on barking on the wrong tree - USA when what they want all depends on China. Wasting precious time. What an ineffective leader Sangay is, if he things warming up to the US is going to help him, he is awfully retarded.

———

US delegation visits Tibetan headquarters in Dharamsala

DHARAMSALA: A two-member US Congressional delegation comprising of Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Representative Claudia Tenney arrived in this hill town a day before was visiting various headquarters of Tibetan headquarters here.

On Thursday, they paid a visit to the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile in the evening. They also visited the Tibetan Children's Village, where kids in exile were getting educated.

Parliament Secretariat, Speaker Khenpo Sonam Tenphel, along with the members of the Standing Committee, greeted them with khatak (Tibetan ceremonial scarf) and welcomed them wholeheartedly.

Thereafter, they were taken to a guided tour to the parliamentary hall, where they were introduced to the Tibetan parliamentary sessions, its compositions and procedure.

Tibetan parliamentarians expressed their gratitude to the people and the government of United States for all the support rendered towards the cause of Tibet and its issue. Speaker also elucidated to them in briefly about the current situation inside Tibet as well as on the recent budget session of the Tibetan Parliament.

On Wednesday, they visited the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) and held a meeting with the President Lobsang Sangay. Representative Ileana Ros-Lehniten, in her address, said that the US congress understands the issue of Tibet and that it's working side by side with the CTA and other organizations in a cooperative manner to formulate a US policy in support of the people of Tibet.

Speaking about her own family's experience of living under a communist regime in Cuba, she said, that experience has taught her what it's like to be bullied by a communist regime like the one in Beijing. "And this experience has made fighting back against these oppressive regimes one of my highest priorities," she said.

The delegation was on a three day visit to this hill town starting from April 4 to 6 2018.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/us-delegation-visits-tibetan-headquarters-in-dharamsala/articleshow/63642060.cms

Rowntree

Re: US delegation visits Tibetan headquarters in Dharamsala
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »
This could be the last string before the world decided to ditch the whole Tibet cause eventually. Also, this could also mean that these two ladies have a different agenda and might be planning something with Tibet House. You just never know how creative people can be when it comes to money. I am not very positive about this visit.

fruven

Re: US delegation visits Tibetan headquarters in Dharamsala
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
This could be the last string before the world decided to ditch the whole Tibet cause eventually. Also, this could also mean that these two ladies have a different agenda and might be planning something with Tibet House. You just never know how creative people can be when it comes to money. I am not very positive about this visit.

The US always have their own agendas when they stand behind Tibetans in exiled. One of the pawn for US to make China look bad but how long is it going to last.. i wonder.