Author Topic: Penpa Tsering being replaced  (Read 200 times)

dsnowlion

Penpa Tsering being replaced
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:29:02 AM »
Has anyone seen this? Looks like the evil corrupt Penpa has been let go or the more direct and appropriate word be... FIRED?! Well, let's not forget a few years back how Penpa spoke against Dorje Shugden practitioners to the Tibetan Youths and even made very nasty negative comments about Pabongkha Rinpoche. He will soon receive his own karma from his own doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Lobsang Wangyal
McLEOD GANJ, India, 7 November 2017

Education Minister of the Central Tibetan Administration Ngodup Tsering has been appointed as the new Representative of the Dalai Lama to North America in Washington DC, replacing the incumbent Penpa Tsering.

It is unclear where Penpa Tsering will now be posted. He assumed the post of Representative in August 2016.

Speculations are rife that he would be appointed to be a secretary at the private office of the Dalai Lama in McLeod Ganj.

Some had guessed that he would be made the Secretary of the Dalai Lama Trust in the US after the suspension of the previous Secretary Tenzin Dhonden following corruption charges against him.

But sources said this post has been temporarily filled by appointment of Tashi Namgyal as the Secretary. He was a former staff of CTA, as well as the former member of the Tibetan Parliament in Exile representing North America.

Questions to the Kashag Secretary about a new Education Minister and where Penpa Tsering would be deputed didn’t reveal any information.

Speaking to Tibet Sun over the phone, Penpa Tsering said that he received the Kashag’s letter announcing Ngodup Tsering as the new Representative a day ago, and said that the Kashag has terminated his service from the end of this month.

“There were no other details in the Kashag’s letter.”

He said that there has not been any communication to him from anybody with regard to his appointment as a secretary to the Office the Dalai Lama.

“I feel it is important to clarify that I do not have any record of wrongdoing in my capacity as the Representative.”

Ngodup Tsering will take charge as the new Representative from 1 December.

Source: https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2017/11/07/education-minister-ngodup-tsering-appointed-north-america-representative

grandmapele

Re: Penpa Tsering being replaced
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:36:52 AM »
Karma bites! Also, the CTA does not like to be made to look stupid. They are doing very by themselves in that department. As for Penpa Tsering being Secretary of the Dalai Lama Trust in the US, well, it'll be like putting a burglar into your vault or a rat into your larder.

And, as Penpa Tsering himself stated that he received his letter of termination without further word of his next posting, if any. Is the Dalai Lama finally tired of all the shenanigans of some of the members of the kashag?

vajrastorm

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
From "Representative of the Dalai Lama to North America" to "secretary in the private office of
the Dalai Lama", what a drop in status! Furthermore the abrupt and rather impersonal way
in which he had been informed about it means either Penpa Tsering has fallen out of favor with the big guys
or the CTA finally decided they had better clean up their act!

Whatever it is, it looks like karma or justice is being served!

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:29:47 PM »
This is just a mere slap on the hand. I believe the rot goes deeper as this game of I scratch your back and you scratch mine has gone on far too long. I wonder who is next on the chopping block. It is high time Tibetans get proper international representation.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »
More news

According to a post on the CTA's official website, now Ngodup Tsering has been appointed as the new Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the CTA for North America.

He will replace Penpa Tsering from December 1, 2017. "Kalon Ngodup Tsering will take charge as the new Representative of North America from 1 December 2017," the announcement said.

Ngodup Tsering was born on 1 July 1953. He is an alumnus of Punjab University, Chandigarh with a degree in Bachelor of Arts. He was also a former member of the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile, from 1979-1982. He was appointed as the Education secretary of the CTA again in 2012, and then as Kalon in September 2014 under the 14th Kashag led by President Dr Lobsang Sangay.

He joined the CTA in 1983, on the post of Deputy Secretary. He was initially posted at the Department of Education. In 1987, he was transferred to the Department of Home on the same post. From 1991-1995, he served as the Director of the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts (TIPA). He was also the recipient of the Best Staff among gazetted officers in 1995, awarded by a Swiss based Tibetan Association.

In 1996, he was promoted to the post of Secretary and appointed as the new Education Secretary of the CTA. In 1999, he was transferred to the of home department as the home secretary. From 2001-2008, he served as the president and the Director of various Tibetan associations in the United States.

The Office of Tibet was established in 1964 to raise the issue of Tibet at the United Nations. Since April 6, 2014. The Office has relocated to Washington, D.C. on 17th Street in the Farragut North area.

The Office represents His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Central Tibetan Administration in North America. Its major responsibilities include mobilizing support from the US and Canadian governments in the U.S. Congress and Canadian Parliament, educating the U.S. and Canadian public on Tibet and the CTA, coordinating and preparing the visits of His Holiness in North America, maintaining relations with & providing services to the North American Tibetan Diaspora and strengthening and enhancing relationships with Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Centers.

I hope Penpa Tsering won't mind that he just being replaces without any pre-notice but by a letter . Not sure it is norm of CTA to practice fire people in sudden by letter. Just like how they did to Dorje Shugden's ban, just put a signage outside hospital to ban Dorje Shugden's practitioners for seeking treatment without any explanation.

Celia

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 07:38:17 AM »
As much as I would want this to be the case of CTA cleaning up their act, call, me cynical, but based on the questionable characters with similar skeletons which are still helming CTA, it is more likely the case where it was Penpa Tsering has overstayed his welcome. In addition, for all the shenanigans including allegations with criminal connotations which he “got away” with, just being abruptly dismissed is actually quite a good deal on his part.

grandmapele

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 08:07:41 AM »
How about this? Might go to explain a bit of what's happening with the letter of 'release". He might have been stomping on many toes!! When it comes to money, one has no friends?!?!

CTA’s refusal to give answers about Penpa Tsering’s ousting raises more question
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=5977.0

Belinda Mae

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
What is happening to Tibetans and also the CTA? I think their KARMA is catching up on them and they still does not realize their own wrongdoings.

grandmapele

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 07:43:54 AM »
Looks like Penpa Tsering is not going to go down quietly. So, now an already splintered people is yet to be splintered again. And, then we wait for Lobsang Sangay to retaliate and the rest of the world sit back and watch them destroy each other and the Tibetans in exile.

The real victims are the poor Tibetans who thought they had "escaped" to a better life outside China's Tibet. My sympathies are with them. May they be able to purify their negative karma and go on to live a harmonious and peaceful life.