Author Topic: New Development for Tibetan Refugees who are applying for Indian Passport  (Read 8865 times)

Belinda Mae

Re: New Development for Tibetan Refugees who are applying for Indian Passport
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
Quote:

"The clauses of Article 13 are that a Tibetan must:

Have faith in the Central Tibetan Administration.
Respect and practice the Charter and the laws of the Tibetans-in-exile.
Take part in the Tibetan freedom struggle.
Pay tax to the Central Tibetan Administration as per the rules.
Fulfil responsibilities laid down by law at times of emergency for the Central Tibetan Administration and the Tibetan public.
It is on the basis of Article 8(2) that Tibetans who are living in and have acquired citizenship of another country retain their Tibetan nationality."

Why such clause has been implemented? Not many of the  Tibetans in exiled will follow this clause because this clause is implemented for the benefit of the selfish CTA. Nothing is done for the betterment of the people based on the clause mentioned but for the pockets for the CTA. I bet the Tibetans in exiled will follow these clauses as they can think and make decisions for themselves whichever thing is good or bad for them.

Richardlaktam

• Email
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:58 PM »
This again shows that CTA doesn't really have interest in protecting the welfare of their own people. Well, what's new? Isn't CTA always like that? CTA will not protect their own people's welfare, on the other hand, they will discriminate, segregate, stigmatize those who they think they are not following what CTA wants. Just like how they have been treating Dorje Shugden practitioners.

From this clause,

"The clauses of Article 13 are that a Tibetan must:

Have faith in the Central Tibetan Administration.
Respect and practice the Charter and the laws of the Tibetans-in-exile.
Take part in the Tibetan freedom struggle.
Pay tax to the Central Tibetan Administration as per the rules.
Fulfil responsibilities laid down by law at times of emergency for the Central Tibetan Administration and the Tibetan public.
It is on the basis of Article 8(2) that Tibetans who are living in and have acquired citizenship of another country retain their Tibetan nationality."

Already can see how selfish CTA is. And they will only USE their own people, those Tibetan who reside in India. USE, use them as their victim card to get money from the west, to get sympathy from the world so that other countries will pay them money and Lobsang Sangay will put it in his own pocket. But plsssssss CTA, this doesn't work anymore. The new generation of Tibetan in India are not stupid. Only Lobsang Sangay with that kind of simple mind, in a way can be said stupid, still think it'll work in that way.

Pema8

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »
What would the CTA do if Tibetans either take for example Indian citizenship and all the others go back to Tibet. Then there is no reason d'être anymore for the CTA. Anyway, for the last 60 years, they have not achieved much.

Of course, they don't want, being without refugees as the easy money from kind donors would stop.

What is amazing is that the CTA only exists because of the Tibetan people yet they have nothing to show as a result for them. The fate of the Tibetans is in the wrong hands - as it seems that only money counts for the CTA but not bringing safety and peace to the Tibetan people.

I really pity the Tibetans who depend on the CTA. Better for them to make a move forward, find a home and a life.

dsnowlion

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »
Tibetans who spoke to The Washington Post said they had heard messages from the CTA on the radio urging Indian-born exiles not to apply for passports. Most of the discouragement, they said, has happened through word-of-mouth campaigns. A Tibetan-language circular from the CTA also urges passport applicants to “take a long-term view rather than considering short-term advantages.” Outwardly, however, the CTA has said that Tibetans are free to choose Indian nationality.

Oh my gosh this is just disgusting of CTA! They are basically STOPPING their own people from gaining FREEDOM! OMG... Hello... do they realise they are never even gonna get to go back to Tibet without a passport? So they can never see their dying mother, father or relatives in Tibet ever again. How cruel the CTA is, and all this so they can exist to exploit their own people and to use them to milk funds from the west?

Time to wake up Tibetans, don't be a fool and don't let your lives be ruined by a bunch of corrupted leaders who only cares about their own pockets. If I were a Tibetan in exile, I would have taken Indian citizenship, just cos I become an Indian citizen does not mean I lose my culture. How silly... look at all the Indians and Chinese all over the world, their culture lives on and is even brought over to foreign lands and preserved. It is up to the individuals to preserve it and nothing to do with your citizenship and if you really want to go back to Tibet, then accept the citizenship, be an Indian citizen or Tibetan China citizen and all problems solved. 

President Xi just said after being elected to be a leader for another second five-year term: “We will mobilise the whole party and the whole country in a resolute push to deliver on our pledge and eradicate poverty in China.” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-xi-jinping-extraordinary-elevation-communist-party-congress-north-korea-a8020206.html

I think Tibetans will stand a better chance in prospering and preserving their culture if they made good relations with CHINA... so much more to gain. Be smart people. Think long-term that's right, that is probably the best advice the CTA gave --- THINK LONG TERM Tibetans.