Author Topic: How do you share with your friends that you practice shugden?  (Read 3099 times)

shu2016_11_5

Anyone of you practice shugden openly? Do you let your friends or family who is also into vajrayana practice know about it. I am thinking of talking to my friends about the truth behind this shugden ban, but not sure how to go about doing it, and whether it will cause a big problem, news distorted and spread to the whole community. haha.
For those who did that before, do you still maintain good or normal relationship with them, what is the worst case that you have gone through before?

christine V

• Email
Re: How do you share with your friends that you practice shugden?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:28 AM »
Hi Shu. I would like to share on how i have shared and benefited my friends through Dorje Shugden practices. 

Many people would only seek for divine helps only when there is trouble in their life. Thus, when the incidents happened, i would share the mantra and pictures of Dorje Shugden with them. When their problems solved, their developed faith towards Dorje Shugden. Even when they knew there is a ban, out of curiosity they will read more on the ban, and, through this knowledge eventually they learned more about Tibetan Buddhism and the faith towards Dorje Shugden raise more.

For those friend whom just listen to other people without checking clearly on the ban of Dorje shugden, i found that normally they are not that interest in dharma. All they want is just to pray to a divine and be at peace. For this group of friends, some they just cut of connection with me, some they remain as friend but they respect my religion. As times goes by, when they see my progress on my secular and spiritual path, some friends started to ask me questions about Dorje Shugden. Thus, i find that to bring dharma to people or to bring Dorje Shugden to people, we first must have faith in Dorje Shugden in helping us in our daily life and spiritual path, then only the people around us could feel the benefit and wanted to be like us.

Matibhadra

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »
Anyone of you practice shugden openly?

Why not? People openly devote themselves to unconscionable monsters and gruesome criminals such as the evil dalie; why sould a Shugdenpa hide their pure Buddhistic belief?

Do you let your friends or family who is also into vajrayana practice know about it.

Why not? Just in case they have any objection, this would help them putting things in perspective.

I am thinking of talking to my friends about the truth behind this shugden ban, but not sure how to go about doing it, and whether it will cause a big problem, news distorted and spread to the whole community. haha.

This is not any different from talking to Israeli friends about Israeli atrocities in Palestine, or their brazen support to the Islamic State, or talking to American friends about American atrocities around the world. Why should one refrain from denouncing the evil dalie's atrocities?

For those who did that before, do you still maintain good or normal relationship with them, what is the worst case that you have gone through before?

Usually they become your unconditional fans. But beware any food or drink they might still offer you.

Or as the saying goes, we are not born to please everyone. Even the Buddha did not please Devadatta.

shu2016_11_5

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:02:48 AM »
For those friend whom just listen to other people without checking clearly on the ban of Dorje shugden, i found that normally they are not that interest in dharma.
Yes I agree that people who is not so interested in dharma usually just follow blindly what dalai lama said, and against dorje shugden.
There was this time I talked about shugden with a kagyu rinpoche, he doesn't comment much, simply say this is gelug issue. I talked to a lama, he asked me not to comment on shugden, because he can hear.
I have this dharma friend that is serious in practicing vajrayana, his stance on shugden changed so much, recently I probed him on shugden, he even said "why people dislike shugden so much, dalai lama encourage us to love our enemy, why can't we love a dharma protector".
This is a big change compare to last time when he said "dorje shugden is so powerful, even dalai lama or other high practitioner not able to subdue him". haha.