Author Topic: How do you deal with 2 protectors that conflict with each other  (Read 3223 times)

shu2016_11_5

Many of us know that there are protectors who conflict with each other.
Not sure what is the reason and how badly is the conflict between them.
If you do the practice of let's say protector A and protector B which don't have good link between them, what is the precaution one should take?
I heard a lama saying we can't place their image together, and the practice or chanting shouldn't be done right after another. If not that will be inauspicious.
Any other thing I should take note?

Dondrup Shugden

Re: How do you deal with 2 protectors that conflict with each other
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:01:33 AM »
Dear shu2016_11_5,

I am curious on your statements in this post.  As a Dorje Shugden practitioner, I have not heard of any opposing or conflicting protectors. 

The reason is Dorje Shugden is an enlightened Buddha Protector and as such there are no conflicts as enlightened beings are beyond that.

Hope my comment is of assistance to you.

michaela

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »
If you do the practice of let's say protector A and protector B which don't have good link between them, what is the precaution one should take?
I heard a lama saying we can't place their image together, and the practice or chanting shouldn't be done right after another. If not that will be inauspicious.

Dear Shu2016_11_5

Maybe you can mention the protector that you are referring too or be more specific in your question.

I am not aware of any conflicting protector of the enlightened nature. Since the Dorje Shugden ban was implemented in 1996, some people did draw a Nyingma protector, Dorje Drolo, stepping on a figure that looks like Dorje Shugden. However, this is only human imagination. In the original iconography, there is no such thing as Dorje Drolo stepping on Dorje Shugden.

If you are referring to enlightened and unenlightened protectors, they are not necessarily conflicted with each other. It is just that you cannot take refuge to the unenlightened protectors, but maybe you can ask for their help. A good example of an unenlightened protector is Namkar Barzin that is part of the Dorje Shugden entourage.

Thank you

Michaela

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »

If you're referring to enlightened Dharma Protectors, I cannot imagine how there can be any conflict between beings that are enlightened and are in fact Buddhas. How can Buddhas fight when the fact that they are enlightened means that they are no longer under the grasp of attachment, anger, jealousy, greed and everything else that cause beings to fight.

Some people pray to gods and deities that are worldly (not enlightened) and as such there is a possibility of conflict as these beings are still within conditions that samsara imposes.

It is always safer to rely on enlightened Dharma Protectors such as Gyalchen Dorje Shugden who is in fact a Buddha taking the form of a worldly god so that it is karmically easier for beings of this degenerate time to access and receive this Wisdom Buddha's protection and blessing. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche confirmed this point.

Some people say that Dorje Shugden is merely a mundane protector but we can see from his iconography that this is not true. Dorje Shugden's form reveals a lot about this great Dharma Protector. He wears tiger boots indicating that he exists in Samsara which is where we are so its much easier for us to receive his assistance. But the tiger boots also show this deity's great compassion in being willing to take a worldly form when he is in fact enlightened.

All other aspects of this Protector's form indicate the complete stages of the Sutric and Tantric path which are absent in worldly beings.

(i) Dorje Shugden appears as a fully ordained monk to indicate that one must practice pure moral discipline to attain enlightenment.

(ii) Dorje Shugden holds a heart in his left hand. The heart is a symbol of Bodhichitta and natural great bliss which is the essence of all the stages of the Sutric and Tantric path.

(iii) Dorje Shugden's golden domed hat represents the view of emptiness propounded by Nagarjuna, which is the path leading one to Shunyata.

(iv) In Dorje Shugden's right hand, he wields the flaming wisdom sword like Manjushri, that teaches us to cultivate non attachment and egoless-ness in order to sever Ignorance which is the root of all our suffering in samsara. Nagajurna's view with Lama Tsongkhapa interpreted with perfections is the essence of the most profound path.

(v) Dorje Shugden rides a snow lion which symbolises the Four Fearlessness
of a Buddha. (i) Fearlessness in asserting their own perfect realizations; (ii) Fearlessness in asserting their own perfect abandonment; (iii) Fearlessness for the sake of others in revealing the path to liberation; (iv) Fearlessness for the sake of others in revealing potential hindrances on the path.

(vi) On Dorje Shugden's left arm is a jewel spitting mongoose symbolizing the Protector's power to bestow wealth on those who put their trust in him. While some may argue that wealth is a desire and samsaric concept, the simple fact is beings of this degenerate time require financial resources and conditions to practice the Dharma without interruptions.

(vii) Dorje Shugden's third eye on his forehead indicates his omniscient wisdom which perceives directly and simultaneously all past, present and future.

(viii) Dorje Shugden's wrathful expression symbolizes the urgency by which the Protector destroys Ignorance by blessing practitioners with great wisdom; and also his potency in eliminating obstacles faced by practitioners of the pure Dharma.

shu2016_11_5

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
I am not saying dorje shugden is not a qualified or authentic protector. I also believe he is wisdom protector.
Just want to know how to handle situation where 2 protectors that clashing with each other. Hope no one mistaken :)