Author Topic: Sikyong Sangay: China invented climate change by invading Tibet  (Read 5869 times)

Ringo Starr

• Email
The Sikyong has really run out of any substance to "win" Tibet's independence which is his base political platform and which gives his administration some kind of legitimacy. (The CTA gets an "F" for everything else really.)

After spending decades pinning China as the people and country behind Dolgyal, the "spirit" that was going to shorten His Holiness Dalai Lama's life and thwart his campaign to free Tibet, it now rings hollow as the world can clearly observe. HH turned 81 this year.

So what does the Sikyong, who has rather recently been given a scolding by two state oracles and HH Dalai Lama himself do? He trots into a dodgy forum in Nova Scotia  lobbing a very brainless self-made explosive device - blames China for causing climate change by invading Tibet.

How? Melting glaciers caused by China in Tibet it seems.

Aside from climate change champion Al Gore rolling on the floor laughing his a** off, this is serious. This is serious because here you have a Sikyong who does not seem to know his left hand from his right and who is poisoning the minds of Tibetans with falsehood - from Dolgyal to (now) climate change. Tibetans wake up!

Sikyong Sangay: China invented climate change by invading Tibet

November 21, 2016 2:55 pm · 0 ????????????????????: 102
By Lobsang Tenchoe

DHARAMSALA, Nov 21: China invented the climate change, Sikyong Lobsang Sangay said at the just concluded Halifax International Security Forum at Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Sikyong Lobsang Sangay, the political head of the Central Tibetan Administration, attended the forum along with a host of international leaders and took part in the panel discussion on ‘Power Corrupts Corruption Corrodes’, an event hosted by Dixon Osburn, Executive Director, Center for Justice and Accountability, media report says.

“Let me start with the proposition that Trump is right, China invented the climate change because China occupied Tibet; the water tower of Asia. The urbanization of Tibet by China has caused the temperatures to increase and this coupled with the global warming has melted 50 percent of the glaciers in Tibet in the last fifty years,” a short video of the Forum doing the rounds on social media apps shows Sikyong Sangay as saying.

The situation could turn worse for the down stream countries as NASA projects 80% of the remaining glaciers to melt and disappear by 2100.

“If 80% of the remaining glaciers melt and disappear by 2100 as projected by the NASA, there will be a serious water crisis. China which constitutes 19% of the world population has only 11% of fresh water which means 400- 500 million Chinese are already deprived of fresh water. Situation in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh is worse,” Sikyong disclosed.

South and South East Asian countries depend on the major rivers originating from Tibet such as Indus, Ganges, Brahmaputra, Irrawaddy, Salween, Yellow river and Mekong rivers.

The 8th annual Halifax International Security Forum was held from Nov 18 to 20 in Halifax, Canada. It is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation with its headquarter in Washington, DC.

The forum is a network for international governments, military officials, academic experts, authors and entrepreneurs that addresses global security issues.

Source:
http://tibetexpress.net/sikyong-sangay-china-invented-climate-change-by-invading-tibet/

grandmapele

Re: Sikyong Sangay: China invented climate change by invading Tibet
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 04:20:49 AM »
Seriously?! This is a product of Harvard Law School? Seriously?! The Sikyong really has nothing better to say. But, this is such an embarrassment to the Tibetan Government. The scientific community and the environmentalist must be shaking their head with the face in their hands.

The link below is an article on the causes of climate change for the layman: -
https://www.epa.gov/climate-change-science/causes-climate-change

ShugdenProtector

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:52:17 PM »
Ahahahaha poor Mr. Sangay he does not know what is research? What is wrong with this guy from supposedly Havard? You sure he did not buy his degree like how he bought his house in the States? You got to be kidding me! Yes China has a lot of faults but I doubt that the climate suddenly "change" when they occupied Tibet because well, look at how many cars is roaming around there compared to the US. The US is the biggest culprit when it comes to the cause for climate change and everyone knows this, these are facts Mr. Sangay. Don't tell me the Tibetan Government also wants to rewrite facts on climate change too?!

Oh my oh my, how is this dude going to ever strike any kind of dialogue with China if he keeps going on like this? Really Tibet is a lost cause when you have really d*** leaders like this! No wonder there is no talks, no autonomy, no way China is gonna give you any attention. So if you really really want the Dalai Lama to be allowed back to China, you better change your tactics and stop blaming China this and that and start finding common grounds and mutual respect. I really don't understand this fella, why would you go around pissing people when when you need them to have an agreement with you? CTA keeps shooting themselves in the foot like this sooner or later they'll be no foot left.  Really perplexes me :o

grandmapele

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 04:42:02 AM »
@ShugdenProtector, Mr Sangay has no intention of going back to Tibet. The land is harsh and there is absolutely no benefit for him to go back. If he goes back to Tibet, he has to work, really, really work to make the country survive, to raise GDP and improve the living conditions, improve the economy as a whole. The flush funds from the west will dry up. His side business will dry up. His pay may not get to him on time. No, it's not in his favor.

Right, now, they don't have to worry about where the funds for the government is coming from. The communities that the CTA governs is small - small in area, small in population, small in problems, easy to manage compared to a whole country that is huge with a harsh climate, compared to the other places on Earth.

So, why should he do what's right to get Tibet back for the Tibetans? It's pure survival politics at this point for the CTA.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »
It is difficult to believe that the Sikyong could even come up with this statement regarding the climate change. As a Harvard graduate, he should be aware that the world citizens are not as gullible as the Tibetans in his governance. This is such a cheap and low down attempt to gain the sympathies and monetary aid from other nations. Very obvious fact to me: if the CTA does not unite its citizens, but still continues inciting hatred and disharmony among fellow Tibetans through the ban on the Shugden practice, I fear the Tibetans race could disappear sooner than the glaciers.

grandmapele

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 04:15:41 AM »
It is difficult to believe that the Sikyong could even come up with this statement regarding the climate change. As a Harvard graduate, he should be aware that the world citizens are not as gullible as the Tibetans in his governance. This is such a cheap and low down attempt to gain the sympathies and monetary aid from other nations. Very obvious fact to me: if the CTA does not unite its citizens, but still continues inciting hatred and disharmony among fellow Tibetans through the ban on the Shugden practice, I fear the Tibetans race could disappear sooner than the glaciers.

LOL.... I like you analogy and I do agree with you that the Tibetan race will disappear sooner than the glaciers. Right now, due to the ban there is a diaspora of the Tibetans to the rest of the world so, maybe the culture may be preserved in small communites somewhere.

This may actually be good as the west may wake up to the kind of leadership that the CTA has and may do something about it.

kris

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
I really smell ass kissing from CTA towards USA. Or Sikyong has just become a spokeperson for Trump? Global warming is a wolrd wide issue and everyone has a part to play in it. I must say that China is indeed quite backwards in terms of controlling global warming and I hope China can catch up and continue her effort in curbing this global issue.

If China didn't do enough for global warming, I seriously doubt CTA can do much based on their current results.

grandmapele

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:19:58 PM »
@kriss, pardon me, but I think this Sikyong is just a wee bit dense and self centered. He's been sucking up to all those giving the handouts to the CTA that it is not just trump's ass that he's kissing.

imagine, you form the government but you don't have a real source of income. Your citizens don not pay that much taxes, or rather enough taxes to house the leaders in the kind of splendor that they are living in. So, where does all the funds come from. So, you are polite, very polite to the hands that feed you.

This stance of his in claiming that China invading Tibet is the cause of climate change is the Sikyong's bravado talking. To those less aware it may be very plausible. He's trying to make himself a name and justify his

Pema8

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
@ShugdenProtector, Mr Sangay has no intention of going back to Tibet. The land is harsh and there is absolutely no benefit for him to go back. If he goes back to Tibet, he has to work, really, really work to make the country survive, to raise GDP and improve the living conditions, improve the economy as a whole. The flush funds from the west will dry up. His side business will dry up. His pay may not get to him on time. No, it's not in his favor.

Right, now, they don't have to worry about where the funds for the government is coming from. The communities that the CTA governs is small - small in area, small in population, small in problems, easy to manage compared to a whole country that is huge with a harsh climate, compared to the other places on Earth.

So, why should he do what's right to get Tibet back for the Tibetans? It's pure survival politics at this point for the CTA.

Indeed why looking for problems and a lot of work when there is a much easier way! The number 1 plan should be to unite his people and go back home! India is only a temporary solution! Why burning the opportunities the Tibetans have and instead finding ways to communicate with China and get along with them!

Inventing ideas such as climate change made by China via Tibetan invasion is just another joke! Stop! It is not funny! But surely Sikyong has to find a way to please Trump... good luck!

May be the golden days with US are over??

SabS

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »
Oh dear! Now the Sikyong plays Jester in the Royal House of Trump? Oh the shame Dr. Lobsang Sangay is bringing to his Alumni, Harvard University. Is this the kind of quality that Harvard University is churning out? Or is it "Charity" since he is technically still considered a "refugee". He uses the title "Dr." proudly which denotes a PHD degree. If I understand correctly, you need to do a lot of research and to complete a dissertation paper as part of the program. Hmmm, what research had he put into his accusations of China being the villain? What about America? Their industrialisation and consumerism wrecked havoc that other countries had to bear. Without the rainforests, the world would be barren. China has been playing an active role in going "green" whereas America is still playing lobby. It is so clear that Sikyong sold his soul to his pay Master and can't get out of that contract.