Author Topic: Dorje Shugden ban coming to an end?  (Read 3505 times)

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Dorje Shugden ban coming to an end?
« on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:33 PM »
There are many recent news of Dalai Lama speaking up saying that it is up to our own choice to choose if we would like to practice Dorje Shudgen or not. I guess this is a good news that we should celebrate about?

What do you all think?

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=38055&article=Dalai+Lama+wraps+up+teachings+in+France

Tenzin Malgyur

Re: Dorje Shugden ban coming to an end?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:53:03 AM »
Well Rinchen, that have been the scenario all these years. Many Shugden practitioners have chosen to continue with their Shugden practice after HHDL have imposed the ban on it. After all the illogical and lame excuses for putting on the ban have been cleared with logical explanations and all the attention of the world have been directed to the sufferings and hatred inflicted by the CTA towards its Shugden practicing citizens, this certainly does not call for a celebration.
I am still waiting for the day to come when HHDL would openly tell his CTA to stop inflicting hatred towards those who choose to continue with their Shugden practice.

Shugdener

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »
With the Dalai Lama making the statement that no one, including Dorje Shugden could harm him and also that it was up to ourselves whether or not we want to practice Dorje Shugden, it is indeed a positive sign that the ban may soon be lifted.

However, despite what the Dalai Lama had said in his recent speech, the CTA is still showing no signs of acknowledging the news and is still acting ignorant. People in Tibet are still suffering and are still being deprived of the freedom to practice Dorje Shugden freely.

I am hopeful that after all these recent news, the ban on Dorje Shugden will be lifted and everyone will finally be able to practice Dorje Shugden.

SabS

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 08:07:26 PM »
It was certainly rejoicing that finally the Dalai Lama had declared that Dorje Shugden has never and will never harm his life. This had always been the stance of all the attained Shugden Lamas all along. Those who declared otherwise certain must be real red-faced now. The Dalai Lama had also declared we can practice as we liked & even indicated where monasteries where Shugden Sangha are. Yet why is CTA not stopping their harassment of Shugden Lamas & practitioners? They should lift the ban and stop all that paid propaganda against Shugden practitioners and eliminate all forms of discrimination. They should adopt a neutral stance so that China will be encouraged to start the dialogue that the Dalai Lama had so hope for. Maybe there is a future for autonomy then?

James Bond

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:04:03 AM »
I think this news is fantastic! The fact that the Dalai Lama has publicly announced that the practice of Dorje Shugden is allowed means that the ban will soon be coming down. As the Dalai Lama is the head of the CTA, and since the CTA is the government who implements the ban, if the Dalai Lama himself says that the people can practice Dorje Shugden I dont see why the ban would even still exist. Its illogical to me.