Author Topic: Fascinating video-Dorje Yudronma's spontaneous trance in front of Nechung Oracle  (Read 4009 times)

Ringo Starr

• Email
Minute 14:00 of this relatively recent video shows Dorje Yudronma taking spontaneous trance in front of the Nechung Oracle. Dorje Yudronma is none other than the emanation of Wisdom Being Vajravarahi (Vajrayogini). Indeed in the video, you can see Dorje Yudronma wielding a Drigug and slashing.

Following that, Dorje Yudronma stands facing Nechung Oracle and making ritual hand actions. Does anyone wonder why? I mean if it was actually Pehar/Dorje Drakden that is about to take trance, why would Vajravarahi do so?

There are also interesting scenes in the video where you can see Nechung Oracle charging around the temple compound. What's that all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxjDp-09nA

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
To me this is a very simple reason. It is because Nechung is not enlightened. Thus, when Yudronma takes spontaneous trance, she does not pay homage to Nechung as well. As they are of the "same" or even lower.

With that said, even though it is an enlightened protector that is taking trance at that point, they will be able to  take spontaneous trance as well. The entities that enter, will definitely be entities that do not mean harm. They will only be around to get the blessing from whoever the protector on the throne is.

I have seen videos of Dorje Shugden trances sessions where there are mountain gods that take spontaneous trances as well to get the blessing from Lord Dorje Shugden.

Thus, I do not think that having 2 protectors taking trance at the same time is something weird or not seen of. As in the CTA, at times, a few oracles will be around to take trance of different protectors at the same time.

Ringo Starr

• Email
I can't agree with Rinchen that "it's simple".

To make the whole affair even more confusing, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje was present at that trance taking.

It's bewildering.

Big Uncle

Honestly, I have never heard of Dorje Yudronma being en emanation of Vajrayogini. I heard she is an unenlightened Protector and the Protector of Gyuto. Hence, she was saluting the Nechung Oracle which was taking trance of Dorje Drakden in her own way. Anyway, there are doubts that that is truly Nechung Dorje Drakden because there were swirling rumours that it is not him but Nyatrul spirit that has taken over due to the power of people's negative samaya and karma.

In the video, when Nechung took trance, he was ushered out of the Nechung monastery to make a tsok offering to Guru Rinpoche and to accept tsok offering as well. After that, Nechung oracle was ushered ahead of a procession of Guru Rinpoche's statue to lead the way. Nechung oracle was carrying incense to lead the way. I know Nechung has sacred commitments with Guru Rinpoche but its amazing that a Gelug monastery (Nechung monastery is Gelug) would be doing this. I say this because the Nyingmas would not recognize this and acknowledge.     

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Taking a closer look to the video it is actually weird that the monks restricted Yudronma's oracle at first. It is like why do they do that.

However with Big Uncle's explanation it actually makes sense as to why they restricted her. It was because that they were not recognised.

To me it is just fascinating as to why the Nyingma-pa do not show much support when the CTA and Dharamsala is going out of the way to kiss their asses. We can even see the Sikyong in the audience. Hmm... I wonder why the constant efforts to kiss the Nyingma-pa's ass...

Ringo Starr

• Email
Dear Rinchen,
Yundroma not recognized? Impossible. She's so well known throughout the Tibetan community. It's probably more like "we better hold her back before she does something to Nechung, or is it not Nechung?" Lol