Author Topic: Tibetan Buddhism: Secrets of the Yogis of Tibet  (Read 6000 times)

RedLantern

Tibetan Buddhism: Secrets of the Yogis of Tibet
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »
I just found this very nice movie on Tibetan Yogis. Yogi is someone who spend a lot their time practising meditation. They inspire a lot of people because through meditation, they gain control over their mind, their next life, and including Enlightenment. Hope you enjoy this movie.

http://www.preciousteaching.org/buddhist_movies/tibetan-buddhism-secrets-of-the-yogis-of-tibet/.

eyesoftara

Re: Tibetan Buddhism: Secrets of the Yogis of Tibet
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »
It is very well that we watch with amazement of the secrets of the yogis of Tibet but on a practical term we can practice the teachings in our modern societies in a modern world with its conveniences to gain the same results which is ultimately either Liberation or Enlightenment. What we need is to find a perfect Guru suitable to us, and practice with integrity and we can gain the same as the Yogis of Tibet.

So for most of us here in this Forum ie those who have Guru, start you practice by being kind to others and thread the path all the way.

SabS

Re: Tibetan Buddhism: Secrets of the Yogis of Tibet
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 04:21:52 PM »
Thanks RedLantern for your posting but when I tried to open the link you provided, it is no longer available. However I think I had watched it before and it is indeed amazing the things these yogis are able to accomplish with their power of meditation/concentration. Just as eyesoftara mentioned, we should be practicing as what our Gurus teaches and all these feats will not be beyond us too. It is a tapping into our innermost being that is limitless as all realised Masters are. We do not need to look to external wonders of others when we contain much within our very self to be explored.