Author Topic: Latest: Dalai Lama said CAN PRACTISE SHUGDEN!!!  (Read 9873 times)

James Bond

Re: Latest: Dalai Lama said CAN PRACTISE SHUGDEN!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 03:28:15 AM »
If you ask me, this latest statement from the Dalai Lama marks a very important event in Buddist History. It marks the first instance the Dalai Lama has been open with practicing Dorje Shugden. I am sure that this event will contribute to the official lifting of the ban in the future as well as now I am sure that more people will be practicing Dorje Shugden after this statement. I wish for more things like this in the future.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
This is the turning point of the Dorje Shudgen ban.

A first step. Yes the discrimination on Dorje Shugden is not over yet, but this has to be most positive news to ever come out from then Dalai Lama.

Lets see what develop after this. Feeling hopeful.

grandmapele

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »
Even when Dalai Lama says no more ban, we still have to see how the CTA will react. They are like a precursor to the followers accepting the situation. Even now, the followers are still denying what the Dalai Lama said i.e. everyone can practice Dorje Shugden and that Dorje Shugden cannot harm him. Even though the Dalai Lama has mentioned monasteries that practices Dorje Shugden and their location, the followers are still saying cannot practice.

So, are these people denying the Dalai Lama? Will they listen to the Dalai Lama come the time?

ShugdenProtector

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
Even when Dalai Lama says no more ban, we still have to see how the CTA will react. They are like a precursor to the followers accepting the situation. Even now, the followers are still denying what the Dalai Lama said i.e. everyone can practice Dorje Shugden and that Dorje Shugden cannot harm him. Even though the Dalai Lama has mentioned monasteries that practices Dorje Shugden and their location, the followers are still saying cannot practice.

So, are these people denying the Dalai Lama? Will they listen to the Dalai Lama come the time?

I really don't get it why would the Dalai lama people/followers/fanatics all keep denying what the Dalai Lama says, even though they can hear it clearly? Why is it they are so into disunity? Why would they not want PEACE and Harmony again?

Do they not realise if Tibetans are united, they would have more people on their side to voice out their issues and cause to the world? I mean don't tell me CTA is paying all of them to "hate" and what do they get out of it really? Is this where all funds from all the FUND RAISING FREE TIBET goes towards?

Strange sill lot. Why support CTA when you know they will non-existence after HH the Dalai passes... let's face it CTA, your time is running out so better make peace with your own people!!!

Shugdener

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
The latest statement from the Dalai Lama is a very good turning point in the history of Buddhism and the Dorje  Shugden ban. Although the ban is not officially lifted yet, this is a very welcome change in events in regards to the ban. H.H The Dalai Lama saying that he cannot be harmed by anyone also means that Dorje Shugden too cannot harm him and this should put to rest the statements put out by Anti Shugden people who claim that Dorje Shugden is harming the Dalai Lama.

Despite this, the fight to lift the ban is not over yet. Ever since the Dalai Lama said that he cannot be harmed by anyone and that people were free to practice and worship Dorje Shugden, the CTA have not officially issued a statement to say that people were free to practice Dorje Shugden. It is going to take more than the words of the Dalai Lama to lift this ban but we should not take this negatively, this recent speech by the H.H The Dalai Lama is a good boost towards finally lifting the ban for good.

Celia

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 01:06:48 PM »

Despite this, the fight to lift the ban is not over yet. Ever since the Dalai Lama said that he cannot be harmed by anyone and that people were free to practice and worship Dorje Shugden, the CTA have not officially issued a statement to say that people were free to practice Dorje Shugden. It is going to take more than the words of the Dalai Lama to lift this ban but we should not take this negatively, this recent speech by the H.H The Dalai Lama is a good boost towards finally lifting the ban for good.

Agree that ban is far from over as many have yet to recognise the religious freedom of Dorje Shugden practitioners. To date, the discrimination is still very real in Dharamsala as not only CTA did not retract the official position, CTA are still instigating hate. In addition, the online abuses are still as rampant too despite the Dalai Lama’s latest clarification (that Dorje Shugden does not harm him).

It is as if those haters don’t realise that by continuing to claim that Dorje Shugden is against Dalai Lama and Tibetan cause they are in fact contradicting Dalai Lama. The main justification given by CTA for stating that worshiping Dorje Shugden tantamount to being against Dalai Lama was that Dorje Shugden harms Dalai Lama by shortening his life and since Dalai Lama is at that time was spearheading the Tibetan cause, any harm to him would harm Tibetan cause too. So, now that Dalai Lama has clarified that Dorje Shugden doesn’t harm him, why are the haters still harping on it?

So, either these anti-Shugden people are totally ignorant or they have hidden agenda. Either way, it does not reflect well on them. In any event, the latest clarification from Dalai Lama serves as pretty strong rebuttals or means to counter anti-Shugden people. It is definitely useful in efforts towards the removal of the illogical Dorje Shugden ban.

grandmapele

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
The ban never made sense. The CTA is using it to their advantage for their personal gains.

But some of the followers of the Dalai Lama is seeing it purely the other side of the fence and seeing a different picture. My prayers go to them but then again who am I to judge who is right or wrong as there are no right or wrong, it's a matter of which perspective  you're looking at.

The face of the sufferings of the Dorje Shugden practitioners is different from different sides. The secular samsaric view is that these sufferings are needless and wrong. Who knows maybe these sufferings of these people are purification of their heavy karma.

bambi

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »
This is good news! Although I can still see many who believe there is 'no ban' are still discriminating Shugden followers. What I do hope is that HHDL continue to talk about this and educate more proHHDL followers. Now, what steps will CTA make to continue encouraging all the hatred and discrimination especially since HHDL made the comments? Instead of creating more schisms, chaos and hatred, they should be working hand in hand with HHDL to promote unity and peace. They make Buddhism look really bad with all their unruly tactics.
HHDL, please, lets all just stand together to promote what Buddhism really mean. Whatever one choose to practice, is entirely up to the individual so long as all they do is promote love, kindness and compassion.
Lets stop all the hatred, segregation and discrimination...