Author Topic: Controversial 'Buddhist' Teachers & Groups  (Read 4436 times)

ShugdenProtector

Controversial 'Buddhist' Teachers & Groups
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »
This is so interesting...

Here's a list of Controversial 'Buddhist' Teachers & Groups... take a look a see who's WHO is the controversial scene and Guess how many Shugden teachers are there? I guess this is the perks for being popular and loved: http://viewonbuddhism.org/controversy-controversial-teacher-group-center-questionable.html

Do share what you think about this list?

grandmapele

Re: Controversial 'Buddhist' Teachers & Groups
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:46 AM »
http://www.trimondi.de/SDLE/Part-2-13.htm

http://www.trimondi.de/SDLE/Part-2-13-Dateien/image002.jpg

Top of the list of Controversial 'Buddhist' Teachers & Groups is Shoko Asahara of  Aum Shinrikyo group that attack Tokyo subway with Sarin gas. Please follow first link on article of association of Dalai Lama with Shoko Asahara. The second link is the photo of the Dalai Lama and Shoko Asahara of the Aum Shinrikyo group. Who's the pot calling the kettle black? Who's the questionable one?

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 02:14:49 PM »
Just feeling a little puzzled. Who are the person in charge of putting this list on the given link and what credibility they possessed to judge the list of the teachers? I have noted that most of the accusations involved sexual abuses offences in one way or another. I am not familiar with the works and teachings of many of the named teachers.

The ones that I know a little more on are those on the Shugden practicing teachers eg Lama Ganchen Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang and Tsem Tulku Rinpoche. These are well known Lamas with organizations that benefit many people around the world. Lama Ganchen Rinpoche have many medical clinics in Nepal and India that gives medical treatment to everyone regardless of their religion. Geshe Kelsang have opened up the minds of countless people with the many dharma books he have written in simple to understand language. Geshe's Organisation, NKT have more than 1200 centers all over the world. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's organization operates a soup kitchen that feeds and assists the homeless and urban poor in Malaysia.

These are some of the obvious achievements and works of the said teachers that I know of. Would I want to be a student of such compassionate teachers? Yes, definitely.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
The irony in this list. Because people wrote about Dorje Shugden or even practiced Dorje Shugden it makes them controversial. Totally ironic to what is going on.

Even if so, it is not the full list of Dorje Shugden masters here on the list. So what is the difference between those lamas and the lamas that are mentioned on this list? Not much difference.

It is sad to see that lamas are being pointed out like that to say that they are not good as they practice Dorje Shugden. It does not mean that H.H. Dalai Lama is a famous person mean that what is said by him is all correct. Based on the Gelug lineage, he is not even the highest of all Gelug masters. It is just because he has the name Dalai Lama to him and said that he is the king of Tibet, it means that what he say is correct.

There are many reincarnated masters and emanations of deities. How can we choose one over another. This just does not make sense at all. The list is just a nonsensical list that is being put together and does not have truth behind it.

SabS

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »
"I do not intend to play policeman or judge, and I cannot verify if all these claims are true."

Hmm I wonder if the person really understand the statement. In creating a list, it is already condemning those named on the list as people reading it will have their opinions formed. What more can't verify if the claims are true? So condemn on conjecture? Some of the highly attained Lamas, ie H.E. Kyabje Gangchen Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, are listed there simple for practicing enlightened Protector Dorje Shugden which was ban by the Dalai Lama and CTA. The ban had arose from political reasons as religious wise, there are no reasons given thus far that had proven to be true. And just for promoting Buddhism within China, H.E. Kyabje Gangchen Rinpoche is being accused as in cohorts with the Chinese government to bring down the Dalai Lama and CTA. To me, these enlightened Lamas proved by their deeds that their selfless motivation is promotion and spreading of the precious Dharma to all who needs it irregardless of race, gender or citizenship. Protector Dorje Shugden had proven to be beneficial to all who propitiated him and by having difference of opinion from the Dalai Lama doesn't make them questionable. If it does, then the Baptist or Methodist or Anglican are questionable as they differ from the Catholic Pope, right?

Celia

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:30 PM »
How one claim not to judge when one has already passed sentence on those listed in the list as being questionable or problematic? How can one claim not to police when you are already creating a list which is meant to “warn” people and influence their views?  And then, as if it is not bad enough, it is stated that in coming up with the list, information used were not verified. Doesn’t sound very responsible. It might be very well that the intention is as good and noble as what is repeatedly emphasized in the website but the manner of execution really cause much doubt and confusion.

By having such list which categorises into problematic or not without proper verification, it is in effect creating misleading impression and subtly imposing the list creator’s experience/views on the issue. It also can lead to/place the people the creator is trying to help in a position to make decisions that are harmful to their interests. Take for example, H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, whose deeds and contributions which are beneficial to others (establishing soup kitchen for homeless, sponsoring the sangha including sponsoring constructions of facilities for them etc to name but a few) are just dismissed and such high lama is rendered problematic by the list creator just because of the Dorje Shugden controversy. To make things worse, the list creator who couldn’t or didn’t verify the information/claims used a basis for the list, might not even be conscious of the inappropriate and destructive advice the list creator is giving.