Author Topic: Dead men tell no tales  (Read 9663 times)

Ratna Shugden

• Email
Dead men tell no tales
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:22:14 AM »
In Tibetan Buddhism, the songyum was the consort ("spiritual wife") of many high-ranking lamas. Such sexual activity by the ostensibly celibate was a closely guarded secret, with only the Lama's closest associates knowing of the woman's existence as a songyum — to all outward appearance, she was just another student or nun.

Suppose a disciple finds out about it, & the lama, the consort, & their closest associates, conduct wrathful pujas to kill him, what should he do? No negotiation is possible, because 'dead men tell no tales'.

psylotripitaka

Re: Dead men tell no tales
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:03:47 AM »
1) Go for refuge to the Three Precious Jewels, perhaps do a week long Kangso retreat, Drug Chuma retreat, Yamantaka command wheel practice, etc

2) Physically distance oneself from the group

3) Find a different teacher that doesn't try to kill you

RS,

Now where did u dig this one up?

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 04:34:33 AM »
1) Go for refuge to the Three Precious Jewels, perhaps do a week long Kangso retreat, Drug Chuma retreat, Yamantaka command wheel practice, etc

2) Physically distance oneself from the group

3) Find a different teacher that doesn't try to kill you

RS,

Now where did u dig this one up?

I'm the victim.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 05:01:57 AM »
I see. And how do you know they conducted such rituals? If you suspect such things, entrust Dorje Shugden to take care of it via any of his rituals (especially kangso), and immediately take the 2nd and 3rd actions I mentioned.  If you have Vajrabhairava initiation, strong concentration on the command wheel is very efficacious. Tsem Rinpoche has a wonderful section on his blog for Trakse retreat to avert such hindrances. Do all of it with love.

Matibhadra

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »
No negotiation is possible,

What kind of “negotiation” would you like to engage in? Would you like to extort some personal benefit from you lama in exchange for your silence?

because 'dead men tell no tales'

Which tale would you like to tell -- or to silence about, in case your negotiation conditions are fulfilled?

Bottom line, the only tale you have managed to tell is about yourself, and your likely extorting aims.

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:54 AM »
No negotiation is possible,

What kind of “negotiation” would you like to engage in? Would you like to extort some personal benefit from you lama in exchange for your silence?

because 'dead men tell no tales'

Which tale would you like to tell -- or to silence about, in case your negotiation conditions are fulfilled?

Bottom line, the only tale you have managed to tell is about yourself, and your likely extorting aims.

What kind of person are you?
People are trying to kill me.
I'm the victim.
Am I wrong to seek help? I can't seek help?
Is such a person a qualified spiritual guide? Silence a disciple for knowing your secret?
Are you going talk about 'Guru devotion' & 'The practice of the four complete purities'. I anticipate you running me down on these two teachings. Judging from all your replies to all my posts in this forum, I know you don't like me.
I don't possess physical evidence of the secret.
Somebody else does & is already extorting them.
Somebody had already told them 'the tale' that you think I will be telling.
I'm not part of this group of people.
Isn't 'Dead men tell no tales', the best expression to describe my predicament?
'No negotiation is possible.', means that they can't leave me alone for merely knowing.
From reading all my posts in this forum, your conclusion of my character is that I'm an extortionist?
Doctrinal differences with you makes me an evil person?

Matibhadra

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 05:39:21 PM »
What kind of person are you?

Not an extorter for sure. What about you?

People are trying to kill me.

Your failure to show them to the police shows that you are not sincere.

I'm the victim.

Sounds rather like a justification for an extortion.

Am I wrong to seek help? I can't seek help?

You are not seeking help. You want to prepare the field for an extortion.

Is such a person a qualified spiritual guide? Silence a disciple for knowing your secret?

Maybe such a person has just refused your negotiating terms, or to give in to an extortion.

Are you going talk about 'Guru devotion' & 'The practice of the four complete purities'. I anticipate you running me down on these two teachings.

I'm going to talk about extortionists and their evils, is it ok with you?

I don't possess physical evidence of the secret.

Not every extortionist does. They play with proofless defamation.

Somebody else does & is already extorting them.

And then you want to join this somebody else, is it?

Somebody had already told them 'the tale' that you think I will be telling.

Your only tale is tale of extortion.

I'm not part of this group of people.

But would like to be, right?

Isn't 'Dead men tell no tales', the best expression to describe my predicament?

Your only predicament is dealing with your own extorting impulses.

'No negotiation is possible.', means that they can't leave me alone for merely knowing.

If so, they would not leave themselves alone either, because they supposedly know as well.

From reading all my posts in this forum, your conclusion of my character is that I'm an extortionist?

I'm not in the business of judging of the character of others. But if you think that you are one, you can still amend yourself.

Doctrinal differences with you makes me an evil person?

Doctrinal differences about the merits or demerits of extortion?

dharmacrazy79

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:54 AM »
Actually, it has been claimed that His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama has a daughter. Some even suspect it is Tseringma, whom when in trance, the Dalai Lama receives advise for official state matters.

I once received a teaching that celibacy is a vow established to protect beings from uncontrolled desire, sexual desire in this case. However, if a being is highly attained, he or she will not be attached to sexual desire even if engaged in this act. This is because his or her mind is not effected by this desire. I believe highly attained Lamas like Trijang Rinpoche and the Dalai Lama is such a being.

They took rebirth in samsara with form and hence their form will have to go through samsara experiences like all human forms. The difference is that their mind is not effected by it. For example, a normal person who is sick could be so absorbed in his or her discomfort that he or she is unable to do anything. However, if Trijang Rinpoche is sick, he can still give a Dharma discourse and nobody in the room would even suspect he is unwell. This is because a normal person's mind is easily effected and swayed by worldly concerns while the mind of an attained and enlightened being is not.

Thank you for this post!

SabS

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
Thank you Dharmacrazy79 for your comments which I do agree with. Beings with enlightened mind stream should not be seen as the same with us humans with our ignorance. The way I see it is if Ratna Shugden feels threaten then he should just leave. With his fear, he won't have the trust anyway so why remain in the centre. Seeking refuge with Protector Dorje Shugden will definitely be a good choice as suggested by Chokyi Dorje.