Author Topic: Web Of Corruption Associated With The 14th Dalai Lama  (Read 5465 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Web Of Corruption Associated With The 14th Dalai Lama
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:15:03 AM »
No one in the world knows how much money the Dalai Lama and his government, the CTA have received over the half century. In any case and from the increasing number of complaints it would appear that they have since turned being in exile into a lucrative business. Apart from public sponsorships no one knows how much the Dalai Lama has received privately in terms of personal donations to him.

But as the luster of the Dalai Lama's appeal begins to wane, we see story after story of corruption and abuse of power surfacing. This time, the story is about another Dalai Lama insider, Lodi Gyari who founded the Tibetan Youth Congress and who was also the Chairman/Director of the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). The ICT is a large sprawling network of centres in Western countries especially, that distributes the main product of the CTA, i.e. the 'Tibetan Cause' and acts as collection points for donations. Lodi Gyari resigned last year and hardly a year later we see stories of his money laundering activities.

The question is whether people like Lodi Gyari have been acting on behalf of or at least in concert with the Dalai Lama or whether the Dalai Lama is simply a negligent leader. Anyway, this should put another dent in the people's trust of the Tibetan Cause.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/dalai-lamas-associate-in-money-laundering-scandal/

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:07:29 AM by vajratruth »

SabS

Re: Web Of Corruption Associated With The 14th Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
My, my, more intrigue associated with the "kind and clean" image of the Dalai Lama. I honestly wonder, the Dalai Lama being the emanation of Avalokitesvara with an enlightened mind, why would he allow his government to commit such heinous crimes against his people whom he is supposedly to care for? Instead of pulling forces to keep the unity of his people, he imposed a ban on Dorje Shugden practice and created chaos of negative actions and karma. In wishing to return to Tibet with his people, how does a community disunited and split into 2 fractions able to fulfil that wish?

All the reasons or excuses given to justify the ban on Dorje Shugden can be so easily debunked and yet so many of his followers just accepted without questions. Rather than practicing what the Dalai Lama's real teachings of compassion and love, they rather follow the negativity of his ban. It certainly shows the terrible degeneration of his followers and I pray that the Dalai Lama will manifest his true Buddha nature to stop this slide down any further, before the purity of lineage Gurus are defiled and prevented from benefitting all the lost souls in this world.

grandmapele

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
As I've always said, the CTA is helping with the splitting of the Tibetan people for their own pockets. All the evidences pointing to the embezzlement are conveniently ignored by the pro Dalai Lama people. Why, most of them are not well educated and not given access to information. They are kept poor and ignorant for the selfish needs of the leadership.

All these will not do anything for the Tibetans in exile because they either don't know or won't believe. It is up to the sponsors from the West to think carefully where they put their money. They should know where their money is going.

As for going back to Tibet, it is a fallacy that the leadership maintains for the self same reasons. All they have done is divide the people with the Panchen Lama issue, the Karmapa issue and the Dorje Shugden issue. There will probably be more to come and the grabbing from the kitty will get more frantic.

michaela

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:55 PM »
I have read the article and the evidence presented.  I had the same question as Saab, how come the Dalai Lama as the emanation of the omniscience Avalokiteshvara would allow the government he supervises to degenerate to such level of corruption and self interest.  I thought about it for awhile, and came up with the possible explanation for this.  All indications such as the Dalai Lama's waning influence, the corruption and mismanagement etc can only point to one thing.  Tibetan government in exile have served its purpose and now their end is near. 

I am sorry to be so harsh but my faith in the compassionate nature of the Dalai Lama will not change.  So the only possible explanation is CTA has served its purpose and their end is near. 

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »
The CTA have been on the receiving end of kindness and generosity of people from all over the world. The money that everyone have so kindly donated to help with the plight of Tibetans in exile seemed to have ended up in the pockets of their corrupt government.

It seemed so logical now that the CTA is in no hurry to get their country back as they a living such a good easy life. Now that this piece of news have surfaced, I am certain the generosity of people sympathetic towards the plight of the Tibetans would also dwindle.

I hope the real sincere leadership could be established now that more corruptions is been exposed of the current Government.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:06:44 AM »
There are so many evidences to prove on the mismanagement of funds that were meant to improve the lives of the Tibetans-in-exile.   With all the embezzlement, corruptions, murders, human trafficking etc, the Dalai Lama chose to remain quiet and refuses to take any actions.

CTA kept saying that Dorje Shugden practitioners received money from the Chinese Government but where are the evidences. You are the one that is taking and stealing the money from your people. How disgusting! When it is your duty to protect and improve the living standards of the Tibetans, instead you are splitting them apart.

International sponsors must think wisely before they donate as now it seems that the donations have fallen into wrong hands.

dsnowlion

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 05:29:18 AM »
I really don’t think any of these leaders are interested at all in returning back to Tibet. Why would they when they can live just about anywhere in the world, enjoy themselves, great infrastructure, freedom and just collect DONATIONS from the WORLD to fatten up their own bank accounts. Most of all these Tibetan Leaders have already migrated or has a dual citizenship and their families safely migrated to other parts of their country as well. I bet they will all be gone at the drop of a hat when Dalai Lama is no longer around man. And still we have silly idiotic FB groups that dare talk about Shugden and how Shugden people are taking money from China? They should really look in the mirror.

My question is if Dalai Lama is Chenrezig, emanation of a Buddha basically, why does he condone such disgusting corruption and not say a word yet He continues to put down the innocent Shugden people? Why won’t the Buddha of Compassion have compassion and stop these corrupted leaders in His own office? Is He in on it too? Why would He if He is a Buddha… for a greater picture? Like what? One where CTA basically destroys themselves and there will no longer be a CTA to lead the people? Just some random thoughts and I am HOPING THERE IS SOME LOGIC to this even if it so far fetched.

As we dig deeper, it is disgusting and how sad we have all been played a fool!

grandmapele

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 09:09:40 AM »
is this an attempt to kill Buddism, Tibetan Buddhism to be specific? Or is there a higher and better purpose to whole sorry state of affairs? Hard to tell from this standpoint.

Either the Dalai Lama is Chenrezig or the devil incarnate. But, either way, at this stage, there is nothing but suffering for all involved. If this is to expunge the collective negative karma of the people specifically the Tibetans, then the Dalai Lama is very compassionate and great. If otherwise, then he is the devil incarnate and all will go to hell. Many a times, I have felt despair and see the end of a wonderful lineage and teachings from Buddha Shakyamuni. But, the Buddha had already foreseen this event. Now, I am just worried how this will play out.