Author Topic: Sorry, it's over, can't do anything about it. Sorry.  (Read 3285 times)

SabS

Re: Sorry, it's over, can't do anything about it. Sorry.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »
'Sikyong Lobsang Sangay addressed the press conference “As per the recent advisory of the oracles, there is a strong need for unity and guarantee of faith in the community. When there is unity and bonding, our collective merit increases, which has a parallel impact on His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s lifespan. Therefore, as I have said before, it is of extreme importance that we maintain our unity and the sacred bond of affection for all,”.'

Could this be true and how will they fulfill this promise? Bringing unity and guarantee of faith will mean the Ban on Dorje Shugden has to be lifted. Otherwise what are they going on about unity and sacred bond for all.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 04:38:50 PM »
Penpa seems to be full of pitiful apologies. He storms out of Parliament, gets people to beg him to come back then issues an apology. He and Sangay get into a tussle over the leadership of a toothless government, then he comes back with his tail between his legs to say sorry.

Clearly they dont realise their like petulant children throwing tantrums to get their way. With such an immature and undeveloped way of thinking and reacting, is it any wonder no one respects them and everyone insists on dealing with the Dalai Lama? I wonder what the Tibetans did to collect the karma of having this kind of ineffectual leadership.

Ah Penpa, Penpa, Penpa. In the words of Elton John:

It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation.
And it's getting more and more absurd.
It's sad, so sad
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word.

What do I do to make you want me?
What I got to do to be heard?
What do I say when it's all over?
Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

;D ;D ;D

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:02:31 PM »
This is pathetic and quite funny at the same time. After the slugfest which Lobsang Sangay and Penpa Tsering put on for the world to see, they now want us to think that its all sorted now.

In the joint statement, Penpa Tsering said,‘there are no personal grudges or differences between the two final candidates and called on the public to do the same and exert concerted effort to achieve harmony in the entire community’.I wonder of he still feels that there is no grudge after he was made the new Representative for the Office of Tibet in the US (http://tibet.net/2016/05/speaker-penpa-tsering-appointed-as-the-new-representative-for-office-of-tibet-washington/).

It should worry all Tibetans that in both the election campaigns of Lobsang Sangay and Penpa Tsering, not once did they table a workable proposal that would improve the living standard of the Tibetans in exile, or new policies and ideas on how to engage with China for the return of the Tibetan people to their homeland. Why? Its really not a serious official agenda anymore. That is the part the Tibetan people still don't get.

Unless the Tibetan people are better represented by a fair and sincere government, there will not be better days ahead, let alone a return to Tibet. It has been over 50 years and while real democracies grow and mature, the CTA is still behaving like a child and will only correct itself when it is caught and scolded by deities in trance. How can anyone believe and trust the CTA to be able to govern 6 Million Tibetan people if somehow they get their country back.

dsnowlion

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »
Why do they even bother? This just proves to the world and China even more why Tibet should never be given back to the CTA especially the current one that's being run by a bunch of kids. Really this is so embarrassing. Would you vote and trust your country in the hands of these two? I know wouldn't.

Honestly I believe there should be a change. These two are not doing their job for the benefit of their people but rather for themselves. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure them out.

It should worry all Tibetans that in both the election campaigns of Lobsang Sangay and Penpa Tsering, not once did they table a workable proposal that would improve the living standard of the Tibetans in exile, or new policies and ideas on how to engage with China for the return of the Tibetan people to their homeland. Why? Its really not a serious official agenda anymore. That is the part the Tibetan people still don't get.

You are right to say this Vajratruth... it does not look like they care if they return to their Tibet or not anymore, it is more who get the money and power. Lets put it this way, I am very sure both have their family all nicely relocated in the countries where there is religious freedom though they find many ways to suppress their own people. Well what do we expect from someone who does human trafficking? http://www.rangzen.net/2015/10/14/human-trafficking-organized-crime-in-the-exile-tibetan-community/