Author Topic: The Buddhist group leading a global campaign of harassment against the Dalai Lam  (Read 6325 times)

kalsanggg

• Email

The Buddhist group leading a global campaign of harassment against the Dalai Lama has called off its demonstrations and disbanded, according to a statement on its website.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-dalai-lama-idUSKCN0WD203

VeronicaSmith

This is very strange and it is bad because we are in the time of lifting this ban and we need all the people and protestors we can get. We need to lift this ban in the name of religious freedom and to help our practice, we must all help to spread the word and help out.

To hear that this group has disbanded at this time was strange to me. The importance and significance of this organisation was another factor that took me by surprise as they are so important so why disband now? This is strange, but I do know one thing, we need as many people as possible now. So we must all unite and get past this to lift this ban together.

Shugdener

It is sad and weird to hear that the Buddhist group behind a global campaign to pressure the Dalai Lama to lift the ban has now called off all it's demonstrations and disbanded.

I feel sad because a group that once unite thousands of Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world to speak up as one loud voice is no longer going to be doing such demonstrations anymore.

On the other hand, I find it weird that the group chose to call of all it's demonstrations and disband at such a crucial time where all Dorje Shugden practitioners need to unite.

We are getting closer to lifting the ban and it is a very crucial time where Dorje Shugden practitioners need to have their voices need to be heard.

So why did they disband at such a time? Were their identities discovered by the CTA and they got threatened?

grandmapele

Those outside of this group will not know what actually went down for them to disband. Sad day for religious freedom. Sad day for justice and truth. When unity and a loud voice is needed, it has become feeble. When so much has been achieved and more to look forward to, it has gone feeble. It is indeed very strange that it has come to this.

pgdharma

This is sad news. I find it strange that this Buddhist group who actively lead a global campaign to pressure the Dalai Lama to lift the ban has decided to call off demonstrations and disbanded. We may not know the reason why, but it is definitely not good at this crucial time when joint effort is needed to voice out our rights to religious freedom.

SabS

It is strange that the International Shugden Community (ISC) who had been the most vocal and ardent protestor of the Dalai Lama's ban against Dorje Shugden, should suddenly announce its decision to halt all demonstrations and to disband without giving any reason whatsoever.  They have played such a pivotal and effective role in creating awareness to the unreasonable and illogical ban that has caused so much sufferings to Tibetans (both outside of and within Tibet) and non-Tibetan practitioners worldwide. This ban is definitely political in nature as religious wise, it is still unproven that Dorje Shugden is a spirit but instead had been propitiated for centuries, even by the past incarnates of the Dalai Lama beginning from the Great 5th Dalai Lama.

To me it is just so silly to say that the protests and Shugden practitioners were paid for and supported by the Chinese government as part of their campaign against the 14th Dalai Lama. If the Dalai Lama had not impose the ban in the first place, then China would not have this "weapon", so to speak. Besides, there was never proof of this great "payout" whereas CTA's attacks on Shugden practitioners are there for all to see.  If it was a political move, then its certainly the worst move ever as it serves to dilute their unity and power.

Has there been a truce called between ISC and CTA? I think many in ISC are puzzled by this sudden disbandment.  Hope ISC will reconsider their decision and continue to bring awareness to the world and be the uniting factor for many supporters again.

DharmaDefender

Has there been a truce called between ISC and CTA? I think many in ISC are puzzled by this sudden disbandment.  Hope ISC will reconsider their decision and continue to bring awareness to the world and be the uniting factor for many supporters again.

Who knows? My friends tell me theyve said nowt to their Tibetan counterparts about their quitting. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth, yeah? Almost like they used the Tibetans but told them sod all about their plans.

Well Geshe-las turning 80 and the criticisms about him havent ended so maybe one day theyll take up again. Thats the only way youll get the ISC to do anything, insult and attack Geshe-la. They dont seem to have much respect or sympathy for anyone else.

Tenzin Malgyur

Rather disappointed to know that this group have disbanded. The International Shugden Community have brought so much attention and awareness of the whole world towards the unlawful ban on Shugden practice. They were present at every venue of tour of HH the Dalai Lama. Now their vocal presence and demonstrations would certainly be missed. Well, the vocal demonstrations may be gone for now.

But Dorje  Shugden practitioners from all over the world can still unite and request the Dalai Lama to lift the illogical ban via the internet.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
The ISC stopping their protests is a blow in the fight to remove the Shugde ban. Now it appears the only lama standing up to this injustice and breach of human rights is Tsem Tulku and this website. Still, the ISC did a great job creating awareness.

Frankly, I don't get it. So many Shugden practitioners and yet not enough are coming forward and lending their weight to the cause. If the Dalai Lama and CTA were to succeed in destroying this reputation of Dorje Shugden and nothing is done about it, then in future this very important and beneficial practice will be regarded as a minor cult ritual not to be taken seriously.

There is hope, however and recently we saw the Tibetan lamas organizing themselves and getting ready for affirmative action against the ban. There are those who understandably cannot afford to expose themselves to the violence and brutal ways of the CTA, but the rest of Shugden practitioners in the free world should support the cause.

dsnowlion

Not sure why the ISC has stopped so suddenly and it is quite a dramatic turn around to just drop everything off at the drop of a hat. It brings up a lot of question and I can certainly relate with what Vajratruth is saying... Now it appears the only lama standing up to this injustice and breach of human rights is Tsem Tulku and this website, which in a way is quite sad because there are so many hundreds of Dorje Shugden lamas out there not doing anything to bring voice to this injustice ban. Why?

This website has a list of Lamas who requested this website to please continue to stay open to give voice to the injustice ban, but ermmm what happened to them? http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/appreciation-letters/ 

Yes maybe some Lamas prefer to just quietly practice and spread Dorje Shugden and try not to get death threats from the CTA, which is pretty common I heard. But what about the more educated lay practitioners all over the world?

Honestly I think people like this Tibetan is truly brave and truly heroic to come out in the open and speak up. We actually NEED more educated TIBETAN like him speaking up... (see attached picture or go here https://www.facebook.com/kelsang.tsultrim/posts/822185524550059?pnref=story) because if more Tibetans are united and can see the corrupt wrong ways of the Tibetan Leadership, maybe just maybe there is a chance for Tibetans to be united again.