Author Topic: Why the image of Dorje Shugden can -protect you  (Read 4930 times)

Ratna Shugden

• Email
Why the image of Dorje Shugden can -protect you
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »
The average & general perception of the non-buddhist world public of #buddhism is that it's basically a pacifist #religion, & consequently monks & lamas are perceived to be pacifists themselves. To virtuous & religious members of the non-buddhist world public, this #peace-loving attitude, is worth respecting & emulating.

However, evil sees this pacifist attitude as a weakness to be exploited in it's #war against all that is good, no matter which orthodox religion it comes from. Evil exploits pacifism through encouraging idiot #compassion.

Evil deceives a buddhist:
"If you are a good #buddhist, you shouldn't defend yourself, when I try to kill you, you should peacefully accept your #fate, not be #angry with me & even #pray for me."

The #warrior-lama image of Dorje Shugden strikes #fear in the heart of evil, that literally sees through our physical eyes. It thinks to itself: "Monks & lamas are going #fight back!" When it experiences fear, it's grip on us loosens, & our buddhist activities become smoother.

VeronicaSmith

Re: Why the image of Dorje Shugden can -protect you
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »
Of course DS can protect the Buddhists, He is a protector and he protects us very well and frightens and fights away the evil that can harm our practice. He is a protector and that is the truth. He protects our practice and no matter how many people claim that he is a demon today, they did not before the ban and they all had him as their protectors. He is deeply rooted into the lineages and he can protect you.

Thank you for sharing RS. Good post

SabS

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
That was an interesting analogy of how the image of Dorje Shugden can protect us, Ratna Shugden. Every image of Buddha does contain an element of energy within and I think that evil can feel this pure energy. I would say that most of the time evil just look for easy target and would not evoke a fight which is too much trouble. And that is based on whether you have the karma to be disturbed or not. The pure energy of the Buddha image usually will generate peace and calm. So an image of Dorje Shugden, be it the peaceful or the wrathful, we will be blessed by him.

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:00:09 AM »
Thank you, Ratnashugden for sharing this.

Dorje Shugden is an emanation of Buddha Manjushri. He is our Guru, Yidam and Dharma Protector.  In the form of a Dharma Protector, He helps and guides us in our dharma practice and we can trust Dorje Shugden to protect and care for all for us.  He is not a demon but a compassionate enlightened being that uses the enlightened activities of peace, increase, control and wrath to assist us, until we reach Enlightenment.

grandmapele

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Any image of a Buddha will have the energy and if you hold on to you faith and practice, then it can and will bless and protect you. It is not a physical shield but a spiritual one and it has to come from inside you. In Buddhism, everything is about your mind. Maybe that's where the western adage of  "mind over matters" comes from.

Thanks for raising this. Interesting how others perceive this "being blesses by an image" is interpreted.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 05:23:11 AM »
In my humble opinion, Dorje Shugden is Buddha Manjushri and all forms of Buddha can protect us. Whether the image exist or not, Buddha within his all compassion mind is with us all of the time, guiding us. Of course, due to our minds who is not always mindful, we often get carried away and forget about the existence of Buddha and all the consequences that all our actions would lead to.
Most definitely, the image of Dorje Shugden can protect me. In the sense that I am reminded of the kindness of Buddha and to live my life according to His teachings.