Author Topic: If the Nechung Oracle is unreliable, why still rely on it?  (Read 5270 times)

vajrastorm

If the Nechung Oracle is unreliable, why still rely on it?
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »
"It is widely believed that, since the time of the 13th Dalai Lama until today, the Nechung oracle has been under the influence of an evil spirit instead of Nechung/Pehar, thus causing much mischief and problems for the Tibetan peoples such as the untimely death of the 13th Dalai Lama. Some believe that a tulku of Nyarong who had become a raging spirit is entering the Nechung oracle. Another source claims that the Nechung oracle is taking trance of a previously deposed oracle".

If the Nechung Oracle is not pure and has been taken over by an evil spirit, why is it still highly revered and remains the State Oracle of the Tibetan Government-in-exile? Why has it been allowed to make fatal mispredictions and still been relied upon till today?

"In all likelihood, Nechung’s pronouncement against Dorje Shugden is yet another fake prophecy designed to create more harm in Tibetan society. Very plausible considering that all the Dorje Shugden ban has achieved is to create suffering, misery and heartache for all involved".

Read more about unreliability of the Nechung Oracle :

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/the-unreliability-of-the-nechung-oracle/

grandmapele

Re: If the Nechung Oracle is unreliable, why still rely on it?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »
Thank you, Vajrastorm for posting the link. Information is what is needed lest more people remain ignorant and cause more mischief.

Whatever game the CTA is playing is very grave ndeed.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:57:08 PM »
I cannot be sure if Nechung's unreliability is related to either the Oracle is being entered by a Malevolent spirit or Nechung is making unreliable predictions on purpose.

What is absolutely clear though is that the current prophecies of Nechung bring harm to those who follow them.

Then on the other spectrum, you have Dorje Shudgen, yes kind of the new kid of the block in terms of being a Dharma Protector but an emanation of Manjushri, with a string of lamas predecessors whose reputation and benefit to sentient beings ares stainless. Dorje Shugden who received praises from the Emperor of China, multitudes of Lamas from all 4 traditions, 5th Dalai Lama and 14th Dalai Lama, yet there are those who criticize Dorje Shugden. 

fruven

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »
Personally for me between an enlightened and an unenlightened protector which is better? The choice is very obvious. Do we want to continue to make the same mistake trusting the one who with all those prophecies that didn't come true?

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
I think the whole Nechung is against DS point that was mentioned in the post is just another piece of propaganda for the wrong side. Yes, this post has a good point, why trust and doubtful or doubted source of information and judgement for a sensitive case like this. Relying on a unreliable or unofficial source is not good and gives not trustworthy information.

I am not sure why the Oracle is unreliable or about the other entities that may be at work there but I do know that it is unwise to trust the information and judgement from that source until it is official or properly working, if that makes sense.

James Bond

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »
This post does portray a good point by stating why do the Tibetan government keep the Nechung Oracle as the State Oracle of the Tibetan Government-in-exile. If the Tibetan government really does believe that the Nechung Oracle is being controlled by something evil and not Nechung, wouldn't they not allow this oracle to be the State Oracle of the Tibetan Government in exile. I don't see the logic behind this. Very strange indeed and surely something to think about. Interesting topic. Thank you vajrastorm for sharing.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:54:15 PM »
I think CTA does not care much about its citizens or even Tibet, as long as they can stay in power. @VeronicaSmith Hope that answers your question.

Hence as long as they can be close to the Dalai Lama and not lose the power, why bother about the unreliability of Nechung.

Matibhadra

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »
Since the evil 13th, dalaites follow the oracle of Western colonial money.

angelica

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 03:43:47 PM »
Nechung Oracle is not reliable but Dalai Lama still rely on the state oracle in making important decision. Why? The only reason I can think of is Nechung Oracle will be the scapegoat for all wrong decision make by the Dalai Lama.

grandmapele

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »
The people who know whether the Nechung oracle is taking trance of Nechung or some other is not about to say anything to rock their boat. From the lack of information to that effect, can we assume that Nechung is indeed no longer available?

kris

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
In year 1985, Nechung also predicted that in Tibetans can go back to Tibet in year 1990, but of course, it never happened. I agree with @vajrastorm that Nechung is really unreliable, but yet, time over time, he is consulted by HH Dalai Lama. I don't understand the logic at all. Why HH Dalai Lama didn't blame Nechung as scapegoat?

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 04:18:02 PM »
I am of the opinion similar to grandmapele as quoted below:

"The people who know whether the Nechung oracle is taking trance of Nechung or some other is not about to say anything to rock their boat. From the lack of information to that effect, can we assume that Nechung is indeed no longer available?"

As such there are much inaccuracy in the predictions of the Nechung Oracle and I believe it is time for the Era of Dorje Shugden, the Protector of our time has come.