Author Topic: Someones Buddhist schools and / or some teachers who to be neutral or support DS  (Read 4381 times)

blacksmith

• Email
I only know more that are against Dorje Shugden: the only ones who support DS are obviously NKT and lamas of monasteries as Shar Gaden and Serpom: I would be interested to know if there lamas important that without being adept at DS, advise your practice or at least be neutral. It is very sad not being able to talk to anyone about this. Thank you very much for your tips

psylotripitaka

Dear Blacksmith,

If you are mainly seeking a remote relationship with Lamas from your location, there are obviously many options for you to connect with Shugden Lamas. Trijang Rinpoche in Vermont, Kuten Lama in Indiana, Tsem Tulku in Malaysia, Zasep Tulku in BC Canada, and Gangchen Rinpoche in Italy to name a few. You can Google search the contact info for all these Lamas or try to contact the one you feel an inner connection with, and you can always make offerings and request them to come to your area or send a teacher, one offering being to offer to assist them in the development of Dharma in your area.

Here's one link for starters:

http://www.ganden.org

eyesoftara

I personally like the teaching of NKT and Tsem Tulku. There are plenty of resources in the form of books by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and by Tsem Rinpoche. In addition they are you tubes channels that we can watch teachings but about the protector and various topics of the Dharma in general and of different schools.

In addition we can read arguments from both sides of the Shugden controversy, Just google it and we have much to research from. I respect His Holiness the Dalai Lama a lot and read many of his books. One thing I note is that he has not published any book against Shugden in particular. On the contrary I find books and videos of Shugden very easy to find and is highly informative.
My strategy is I learn the Dharma of my lineage; from my holy Guru; which is the Ganden tradition and follow Shugden as practice by Pabongka and Trijang Rinpoche while I learn the Dharma from the Dalai Lama from books mainly. I find that it is not a conflict.

Remember the real practice is the Dharma. Everything is neutral until we put projections onto it.

kris

@eyesoftara, regardless which path we take, or which Guru to follow, if we take on the Buddha's path, then we need to be kind to everyone, and be respectful to all teachers. Personally I am a Dorje Shugden practitioner, but I don't think we should be disrespectful to HH Dalai Lama even though He imposed the ban on Dorje Shugden. HH Dalai Lama is responsible to spread the Buddha's teaching to the west, by escaping China in the 1950s, and that is a huge effort.

I like your approach of being respectful, and I wish you all the best in you practice.

yontenjamyang

• Email
@eyesoftara, regardless which path we take, or which Guru to follow, if we take on the Buddha's path, then we need to be kind to everyone, and be respectful to all teachers. Personally I am a Dorje Shugden practitioner, but I don't think we should be disrespectful to HH Dalai Lama even though He imposed the ban on Dorje Shugden. HH Dalai Lama is responsible to spread the Buddha's teaching to the west, by escaping China in the 1950s, and that is a huge effort.

I like your approach of being respectful, and I wish you all the best in you practice.

I too agree with the approach the we should respect everyone' practice and just follow our Guru's prescription for what we are to practice. If we have investigated our Guru as in the 50 Stanzas, why doubt anything that our Guru said even if it comes from more famous Lamas? Unless or course those Lamas are your Guru. Basically follow our Guru. That's it. Then practice the Lamrim, Lojong, Guru Devotion, Yidam and Protector practices given by the Guru.

Accumulate merits and Wisdom and seek for live situation for us to be able to practice deeper and devote more time for others in the mind and physically.

DharmaDefender

I only know more that are against Dorje Shugden: the only ones who support DS are obviously NKT and lamas of monasteries as Shar Gaden and Serpom: I would be interested to know if there lamas important that without being adept at DS, advise your practice or at least be neutral. It is very sad not being able to talk to anyone about this. Thank you very much for your tips

Other suggestions - Zawa Tulku in Canada and Lama Wangchuk in Tibet. Zawa Tulku is a very young lama who just started a new centre in Tibet. He wasnt able to focus on it much for many years because he put all of his effort and energy into the Dorje Shugden issue, and spent many years protesting, collecting texts, encouraging people to come together but now hes got his own centre. Zawa Tulkus English is pretty decent, hes someone you can speak with.

kris

It is really sad to see that the Tibetan Buddhism especially the Gelg school is really divided because of the discrimination on Dorje Shugden. Many of the teachers are forced to take side, for example, monks in Gaden are force to choose openly, to either accept Dorje Shugden or renounce Dorje Shugden, and there is no neutral. All are forced to take side.

This is really bad, and bluntly force the segregation and discrimination. Further actions by CTA to put posters in shop and hospitals etc to discriminate Dorje Shugden practitioners, it makes the division even worse. I would think that explains why there aren't many teachers who are neutral.

VeronicaSmith

In your practice, the main priority is not if your teacher is pro DS or not. It is about your spiritual path and finding the right guru for you. Whether you find your guru in your lineage or your own connections, it doesn't matter. What is important is how you can progress in the middle path, your spiritual journey, your steps to be holy and your escape from samsara. It is about that. You are being very respective and good to ask how you did. So I say good luck on your dharma path and take the right one and dedicate yourself to it.