Author Topic: 4th World Buddhist Forum -calls for civilization communication  (Read 5576 times)

christine V

• Email
4th World Buddhist Forum -calls for civilization communication
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »
In the 4th World Buddhist Forum, Master Xuecheng urge
Source: Xinhua
Editor: Gu Liping

2015-10-25 12:53

Master Xuecheng, president of the Buddhist Association of China, on Saturday urged buddhists across the world to promote communication between different civilizations.

Speaking at the fourth World Buddhist Forum in Wuxi city, Jiangsu Province, Master Xuecheng said buddhists should contribute their wisdom to solving problems that are common to the development of human society.

He said Buddhism has always played an active role in facilitating the communication of human civilizations. He called for dialogues between different sects of Buddhism and between Buddhism and other religions.

Master Xuecheng also said buddhists should use the new progress of technologies to innovate the methods of promoting Buddhism and respond to social problems caused by the technological development.

Jointly proposed by Buddhist communities in Chinese mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao in 2005, World Buddhist Forum was established as a platform for buddhists to communicate and cooperate. More than 1,000 monks and scholars from 52 countries and regions participated in this year's meeting.

fruven

Re: 4th World Buddhist Forum -calls for civilization communication
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »
Yes, very good advice, promote dialogue instead of discriminating against other sect.

Look into ourselves. Are we united? Are we practicing what we preach? There is so much to Buddhism than just finding others' faults and declaring to be false.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »
Agreed Fruven.

We should come together to see bring peace, love and harmony. Not ban, abuse on human rights, accusation or harm each other.

Buddhism is all stern from Buddha Shakyamuni himself. The different we have now is due to our own ignorant and non deep understanding on Buddhism.
Perhaps, H.H Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden got this controversy on to teach us a lesson on not believe in blind faith but be more wisdom. It is just like in 50 stanzas of Guru Devotion, before choose a guru, must check the background of the Guru and vice versa. Buddha did not taught us to blindly believed, but to learn dharma with wisdom and compassion. Not to harm but to benefits. 

Tenzin K

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:17 AM »
I strongly agree with what Master Xuecheng urging.

A lot of issues arises at this time we should resolve in a peace dialogue, face to face approach. It’s understandable that everyone will have a different preference and thought but communication/dialogues will close this differences and make everyone respect each other differences and focus on the common goal together.

We are not living in this world alone and no way we can have everything in common but what we can do is to put our differences aside and find a way to live together. 

We are living in an advance  communication age now. All leaders should practice peaceful dialogue to unite everyone.  I hope HH the 14th Dalai Lama will have a dialogue session with all the Shugden learders to resolve the ban issues. The ban has no basis and causes so much suffering from the discrimination. Non of this sound Buddhism to me and should be resolve soonest.

Thanks to Master XueChenung for urging dialogue to solve problems and we as Shugden practitioners really need this from his holiness to eliminate the suffering that we are going through for so long.

kris

Re: 4th World Buddhist Forum - calls for civilization communication
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
Everyone is advocating dialogue. HH Dalai Lama is also encouraging dialogue. Almost everyone knows about the importance and the urgency of peace dialogue. But the question is, who is doing it? who is willing to take the first step?

I am not sure about other religions, but from Buddha's teaching, there is no such thing as deliberately creating hatred and segregation between people, but why is CTA doing it? Why would CTA ban the Dorje Shugden practitioners and create the bad karma?

This is something I really don't understand.

fruven

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:20 PM »
Tibetans in exiled, or specifically CTA, want to have autonomy similar to Hong Kong. Both sides are not compromising. The losers are the Tibetans on the streets because they continue to suffer from living in exiled.

CTA has been dragging its feet forever. They have been finding faults and accused China for so many things. Are they even interested in dialogue?

grandmapele

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »
Thank you, christine V for drawing attention to this article. It is so very appropriate and timely that there is this call for dialogue rather than discrimination against other sects of Buddhism and /or religion.

I only have one question - "Do you think the Dalai Lama will even pay scant attention to this?" My guess is that he will just ignore it and pretend that it was never even mentioned.

But, very commendable effort and proposal. My respect to Master Xuecheng.